Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 306 of 1141 FirstFirst ... 301302303304305306307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 11402

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -3051
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really did feel like I was playing against Jesus at one point. One dude just seemingly hit every single flop the entire night. Four or five straights, a few flushes, more trips than I can remember. Just amazing. I never once tripped up all night. Caught one low two pair that was beat. No straights. No flushes. I played for hours and literally only saw single pairs. Now I can operate around that if Im getting pre-flop hands to work with, but holy ****...I tend to be a very aggressive pre-flop player and I felt like I barely played a hand.

Quote Quote  

2. -3052
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke
    Interestingly, we have not had a depression since moving off of a gold standard. How many did we have before then?
    It’s not exactly the gold-standard if you read the section, but it would be a commodity backed currency.

But that was just the first thing that came to mind. Most of his ideas were like that. Just disband all the different departments and let the states govern themselves? If Kansas wants to teach Creatism as fact, that's OK?
    “There are states that teach the criticisms of evolution, such as Kansas and Ohio. And others who teach Creationism along with evolution, including Kentucky. Colorado and New York are two states that do teach evolution, but it is up to the schools, teachers, and counties on how this subject is taught and portrayed to the students”.

Where’s Obama at?

If Maine wants to ban all guns within it's border, there's no issue with that? Sorry, he had a lot of big ideas and no real plans on how to implement them or deal with the aftermath.
    There is the flip-side to this, & that would be the federal government trampling on state-law. Unlike your extreme scenario, stuff like this is actually happening. Go ask some of the legally operating pot-shops out in California who’ve been shut down & owners who’ve been prosecuted. Is there no issue with that?

And the free market? No regulations?
    I don’t pretend to know a whole lot about the free-market. I think it’s more about minimal regulation rather than no regulation. Here’s him discussing it.

How well do you believe the current regulations are working, though?

I'm glad he has respect for sticking to his guns and not compromising. That's something unique to him. But he has never been close to the White House. His son has a better chance, and that's because he is turning into a FoxNews Lunatic...
    One hyperbolic statement (which I agree was hyperbolic), & now he’s a FoxNews lunatic? C’mon now Locke. At least he has the nads to stand up to things like the NDAA, & warrant-less wiretapping.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3053
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I really did feel like I was playing against Jesus at one point. One dude just seemingly hit every single flop the entire night. Four or five straights, a few flushes, more trips than I can remember. Just amazing. I never once tripped up all night. Caught one low two pair that was beat. No straights. No flushes. I played for hours and literally only saw single pairs. Now I can operate around that if Im getting pre-flop hands to work with, but holy ****...I tend to be a very aggressive pre-flop player and I felt like I barely played a hand.
    I've had nights like that. It sucks, luck is luck and it runs in streaks.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

4. -3054
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I knew that ****ing guy was a gambler.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

5. -3055
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    It’s not exactly the gold-standard if you read the section, but it would be a commodity backed currency.

“There are states that teach the criticisms of evolution, such as Kansas and Ohio. And others who teach Creationism along with evolution, including Kentucky. Colorado and New York are two states that do teach evolution, but it is up to the schools, teachers, and counties on how this subject is taught and portrayed to the students”.

Where’s Obama at?

There is the flip-side to this, & that would be the federal government trampling on state-law. Unlike your extreme scenario, stuff like this is actually happening. Go ask some of the legally operating pot-shops out in California who’ve been shut down & owners who’ve been prosecuted. Is there no issue with that?

I don’t pretend to know a whole lot about the free-market. I think it’s more about minimal regulation rather than no regulation. Here’s him discussing it.

How well do you believe the current regulations are working, though?

One hyperbolic statement (which I agree was hyperbolic), & now he’s a FoxNews lunatic? C’mon now Locke. At least he has the nads to stand up to things like the NDAA, & warrant-less wiretapping.
    Current regulations would work better if they didn't keep getting cut. Regulations are what made BP clean up that massive spill in the gulf and pay out millions in fines and lawsuits. Regulations require food companies to keep their products clean and healthy. Minimal regulations would mean these companies would only worry about their profit margin. That's the problem with the Libertarian model of economics. Regulations prevent a company like Microsoft from owning the entire computer market. In the libertarian model, you can be damn sure that Microsoft would have already squeezed everyone else out of business and have that monopoly.

And with Rand, it wasn't that one hyperbolic statement. It's a recurring thing. I didn't know this until recently, but did you know he has been making regular appearances on Fox News? The apple fell far from the tree when it comes to Rand Paul...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -3056
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Interestingly, we have not had a depression since moving off of a gold standard. How many did we have before then?

But that was just the first thing that came to mind. Most of his ideas were like that. Just disband all the different departments and let the states govern themselves? If Kansas wants to teach Creatism as fact, that's OK? If Maine wants to ban all guns within it's border, there's no issue with that? Sorry, he had a lot of big ideas and no real plans on how to implement them or deal with the aftermath. And the free market? No regulations?

I'm glad he has respect for sticking to his guns and not compromising. That's something unique to him. But he has never been close to the White House. His son has a better chance, and that's because he is turning into a FoxNews Lunatic...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Exactly. "When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose."

Ron Paul doesn't run for president to win. He runs to promote issues. That gives him the latitude to say whatever he wants but also ensures he never sniffs the nomination. He knows that and accepts it. To judge all candidates by his standard of candor is comparing apples to oranges. Sure it's technically the same race, but a world class distance runner from Kenya and a 43 year old dock worker who are both in the Boston Marathon are also running in the same race. Technically. Hardly the same thing, though.

Our political system rewards few points for honesty. Therefore it engenders little honesty. As long as there are people ambitious enough to crave power there will be people willing to find out what behavior the system does reward... and do that.
    You can make the argument that our currency is now backed by oil but it still is all based on faith in the US economy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -3057
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison exploded during a live interview with Sean Hannity on Tuesday, calling the Fox News host the "worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen" and a "shill for the Republican Party."
    The Minnesota congressman was on the program to discuss President Barack Obama's remarks on the sequester when he launched into a tirade aimed at Hannity, who had said "The president is more concerned with fearmongering than finding a solution to the problem he created."

"Quite frankly, you are the worst excuse for a journalist I have ever seen," Ellison told Hannity, who said he couldn't hear him. "You heard me."

Ellison then accused Hannity of "yellow journalism."

"Every journalistic ethic I've ever heard of was just violated by you," Ellison said. "For you to say the president is to blame here is ridiculous."

When Ellison called Hannity a "shill" for the GOP, the Fox News host tried to correct him. "I'm a registered conservative," Hannity said. "Keep ranting."

Ellison did, and Hannity eventually ended the interview.

"Congressman, you are a total waste of time," Hannity said. "We're moving on, because our audience deserves better."
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/e...-politics.html

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

8. -3058
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen" and a "shill for the Republican Party."
    Um...

duh?
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

9. -3059
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hannity got Ellison to play his game. Hannity gets ratings acting that way. What benefit did Ellison get out playing Hannity's game?

Hannity acted like Hannity. Was Ellison acting like Ellison? I'm not familiar with him so I don't know if he always comes across as a raving lunatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjR0GETgGig
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

10. -3060
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Current regulations would work better if they didn't keep getting cut. Regulations are what made BP clean up that massive spill in the gulf and pay out millions in fines and lawsuits.
    Ron Paul was on Leno talking about the environment. He said there’s some that Libertarians aren’t as interested in it as they should be:

Besides, you really think he’d just be like, “yea we’re just gonna let that sit there”. Those are not the type of regulations he’s talking about.

Regulations require food companies to keep their products clean and healthy. Minimal regulations would mean these companies would only worry about their profit margin.

That's the problem with the Libertarian model of economics. Regulations prevent a company like Microsoft from owning the entire computer market. In the libertarian model, you can be damn sure that Microsoft would have already squeezed everyone else out of business and have that monopoly.
    He’s against monopolies. That’s one of the reasons he wants to end the federal monopoly on the post office to deliver mail. He says there should be free-market competition.

“In an interview on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Paul said he favors ending the United States Post Office legal monopoly on first class mail delivery by legalizing private competition”.

And with Rand, it wasn't that one hyperbolic statement. It's a recurring thing. I didn't know this until recently, but did you know he has been making regular appearances on Fox News? The apple fell far from the tree when it comes to Rand Paul...
    Like what? What other statements? I hardly think appearing on FoxNews makes you a FoxNews lunatic. Here’s Obama on FoxNews.

Quote Quote