Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 499 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 494495496497498499500501502503504 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 13833

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -4981
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Is it just me or do all our LBs save for Misi have the exact same weakness? Seems they all struggle with shedding blocks and playing in traffic, but are fast and do well in coverage. Ireland must have a lot of faith on our Dline to keep these guys clean and let them make plays.
    like wheeler though he's a guy that needs to be clean doesn't get off blocks well or sift through traffic and not very strong at the poa despite the 27 reps of 225 lbs ...i don't know...i don't hate it but it seems to me like the kind of move teams with not many needs make...i'm sure he'll beat out spitler for his roster spot given he's more sudden...right now the only real strength at the poa this lb core has is misi but i think we may see with dion jordan in fold olivier vernon making the switch to solb as well...seems like a logical move to me
    See guys, hoops is clearly plagiarizer

Quote Quote  

2. -4982
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My initial impression of this draft is thus:

Dion Jordan is a shot at greatness, which I like. If you do that consistently, you'll achieve it enough for that strategy to pay off. However, we pretty much just took the one shot in this draft, making it an all or nothing deal. With that said, if Jordan hits, he's somewhere between DeMarcus Ware and Aldon Smith athletically, and I mean that quite sincerely. At worst he's Manny Lawson, which is not particularly great but not a catastrophe. Unfortunately I have the nagging feeling he's going to be an injury prone guy. Beyond that I question his true flexibility as a pass rusher. He's a great athlete for his size, but there's some tightness and awkwardness there, imo. Maybe it's just inexperience, who knows? I liked Tank Carradine better as a pure pass rusher, but I can see the vision for Jordan and I like the gamble.

If for no other reason than the fact that we didn't take a left tackle -- this is an "A" pick.

Of the rest, no other picks gets more than a "C", except Dallas Thomas, which is a solid "B" pick for me. People are going to ding him for what he's not (a top LT prospect), rather than what he is, which is a very solid NFL guard and possible tackle. As I said last night, I like him.

I watched a lot of Jamar Taylor and Will Davis in the run up to the draft and gave my thoughts on them last night. I'm very much in the minority on Taylor, however. Most draftniks out there really like him. The low opinion of Will Davis seems pretty consistent, however. I also watched a good bit of Jelani Jenkins pre draft. He's athletic but not instinctive, imo. Has been injury prone, as well. I'll stick to my pre draft evals on all these guys.

Being a UF alum I've naturally seen a good bit on Gillislee. He never made me do anything that made me turn my head so I never scouted him. He's undersized and doesn't have much speed, but he's a solid player. Sort of a Bernie Parmalee type, perhaps, though he's built more like Cadillac Williams... sort of thin and upright. Those guys typically don't last. But there isn't the potential bust factor that was evident on Daniel Thomas' tape -- who had great feet but no power at his size.

I watched what there was out there on Don Jones before the draft, too. Had good luck that way this year. Anyway, Jones tests off the charts athletically and hits like a truck but frankly he has no idea what he's doing out there. Which is understandable, given he was a running back not long ago. He's not a safety, imo. At least not right now. I question Ireland saying he's being tried at nickel corner given how much pattern reading one has to do in there, but I think he could challenge Nolan Carroll -- another player with no awareness -- for a spot in dime situations as a boundary corner, where things are simpler. Over time if he develops then you can think about moving him closer to the middle of the field.

Sims I have no opinion on, as I didn't watch him in the lead up to the draft, other than to say that Dan Campbell is probably pretty stocked getting a TE that reminds him of himself. Just based on his highlights Sims reminds me a lot of Troy Drayton. Same body type and athleticism.

Anyway, I'm going to go have an energy drink and have a coma watching tape all night on our UDFAs, Jordan and Gillislee. Adios, muchachos.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 04-27-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

3. -4983
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A picture of Mike Glennon in a Bucs uniform has already been released.

Quote Quote  

4. -4984
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice write up walrus. Being a UF alumni, wha do you think of the sturgis pick? You think carp is gone?
    Quote Quote  

5. -4985
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Appreciate the write up(and other info youve been dishing out throughout the draft) Walrus. Would be interested to hear what you would have done differently.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

6. -4986
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gillislee, Floyd, and Elam were the Gators I liked the most. Glad we got Gillislee. If they pan out, he and Miller can make a nice backfield tandem. Gillislee saw little action for years sitting behind two guys who weren't better players than him. Glad he made the most out of his shot and gets to play for my other favorite team.

Jenkins is a guy who I thought should have stayed in school, but even if he doesn't get much action at LB he can still be a solid contributor on STs.

Sturgis obviously is competition for Carpenter. Whoever wins, wins.

Combine this with Jordan and the kid from BSU and I really like this class.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

7. -4987
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Nice write up walrus. Being a UF alumni, wha do you think of the sturgis pick? You think carp is gone?
    I think kickers are pretty much kickers. Sturgis isn't a game changer or anything. He had a good year last year in particular after being far more spotty earlier in his career. I remember some key misses. I don't watch a ton of UF football however so I don't have great recall on particular situations or clutch kicks. He certainly doesn't thunder the big kicks 20 yards over the uprights like a Matt Prater, who for my money is the best kicker in football. Sturgis' ball sort of meanders but usually find it's way through the uprights. That's more dangerous, imo. My metaphor for kicking is like shooting pool. If I'm going to draft a pool player give me the guy who plays a little too confidently and strikes the ball into the pockets harder than he needs to over a guy who's ball just sort of invariably limps in. That first guy is going to have the confidence in the big moments, even if in standard play he might miss more regulation shots versus the second guy.

Anyway, my read on the FO's thinking is this: Carpenter had his best season as a rookie when he beat out Jay Feely in camp for the job. He was at his freest and most clutch. These days his leg strength has noticeably improved but he presses more and is more tense. I think the competition could really drive him to not overthink and therefore restore his confidence, which seemed to waver at times last year.

But... I don't think the Dolphins particularly want to pay him his $2 million or whatever he's making. At this point, I think they realize they're going to need to either, a) sign Eric Winston, or b) trade for an OT. Either option costs money, so the Sturgis pick could as much as anything else be a reaction to not taking an OT high in the draft.

*BTW, if they're going to go the big money route and trade for an OT, I hope it's Eugene Monroe rather than Branden Albert (they played together at UVA, btw. Monroe was the reason Albert was a guard in college). Monroe is one of the three or four most underrated left tackles in football, imo. So if you're going to go for the gusto, get a top flight player at least.*

Carpenter is really going to have to light it up to keep his job, imo. That's the bottom line. If I were running a team I would just sign a couple of UDFA kickers every few years. None of them would ever get resigned. Anyway, I think the Dolphins view it as a no-lose scenario. Either the competition will drive Dan Carpenter to his former heights, or they'll save money with Sturgis.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 04-27-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -4988
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

9. -4989
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Appreciate the write up(and other info youve been dishing out throughout the draft) Walrus. Would be interested to hear what you would have done differently.
    I wouldn't thanks me quite so freely. Almost nothing I predicted ended up being right!

As for what I would have done differently? My main targets early on would have been Tavon Austin and Tank Carradine. Failing Austin, I would have targeted Milliner and Hayden, in that order, moving up if I felt I had to. Carradine went 40th overall but I would have been looking at him in a trade up, too. Liked guys like Stedman Bailey and Quinton Patton (who apparently fell over character concerns) in the mid rounds. Also was a big fan of Aaron Dobson, a tremendously talented deep threat who the Patriots drafted.

Even where I agreed with the position the FO targeted I didn't tend to like the pick. I preferred Blidi Wreh Wilson and Leon McFadden to Jamar Taylor, for instance. Would have targeted Sanders Commings over Will Davis. Stuff like that. One guy I'm glad they avoided was Desmond Trufant. Totally overrated, imo. Amerson is a joke. Glad they didn't take him. Likewise with Dwayne Gratz, who's got to be one of the dumbest football players I've ever seen on film.
    Quote Quote  

10. -4990
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well **** me. Im am such a ****ing masochist.

I agreed to play video games with crazybitch's friend. Usually this isnt a problem, me and her both have alot of the same tastes and interests and we've even played video games together before without a problem. This time, like a moron i suggested a new game and she was all in.

Unfortunately, she refused to use crazybitch's account. Its apparently a point of ****ing pride for her that she bought an xbox account. So i was thrust into the always dangerous territory of teaching a woman about basic technology. As you can be expected, we are 40 minutes in and its not looking well. Oh, and shes drunk at the same time. Bitch just flat refuses to make this easy for me. I can currently type all this because she just randomly ran off to chat to her friend on the phone(i strongly recommended she take the call).
    Quote Quote