Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 550 of 1668 FirstFirst ... 545546547548549550551552553554555 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 16671

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -5491
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    On the other hand, dealers are sort of a different situation from users. Dunno about you. I find one much more empathetic than the other.
    Well you already know I feel that all drugs should be legal; regulated, taxed, manufactured & sold by the government. That's a different topic for a different day, but yes, as the laws stand now distribution is more serious than possession. It's terrible that people are even charged with possession. They should follow Portugal's model in that regard, if that is, they were actually more concerned with helping people, & not keeping the prisons filled with warm bodies because of mandatory minimum occupancy requirements & cheap labor. That said, it's certainly weird to witness the fact that you can get 1-4 years in Nevada for selling an eighth of bud, & then a couple miles west you have a place like California.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus
    I saw a documentary on Allen that had been made pretty recently. Not sure if it was this one. Or I might have just seen one episode. Anyway, Woody is a pretty elusive character... almost totally devoid of interest as an interviewee. Whether that's by design or not, I can't particularly tell. But no one who writes as he does can actually conceive of themselves as he seems to do, as just a regular ol' Knicks fan whose movies are ****ty rip offs of Ingmar Bergman. Not that I'm looking for him to be a puffed up weirdo with delusions of grandeur or the brilliant recluse afflicted by his genius and spinning off brilliant work like solar flares. But if I'm going to be intrigued by Woody Allen it's going to be in the relationship between his personality and his work. And in his case there's none. Perhaps that should be the interesting thing but in his case it isn't, since he gives you no way in, not even an alternate one. Only Diane Keaton -- and I presume, Soon Yi -- really know what's going on in there.
    Very humble indeed. To be honest I haven't seen any of Woody's films (I know), but the Documentary caught my eye & I've enjoyed it so far. It is a 2-parter so I think we might be talking about the same one.
    Quote Quote  

2. -5492
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Am I the only person that hasn't seen any one of the 6 fast and the furious movies?
    I saw the first one when I was 16 and never bothered with the rest.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote  

3. -5493
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Am I the only person that hasn't seen any one of the 6 fast and the furious movies?
    Yo dawg, you ain't seen that shizz yet?! You mad crazy brah! Dem' movies is tight, on da real! Sees dem' quick! YOLO!

Speaking of YOLO, here's a response I overheard in an orgo lab I teach in which one undergrad asked the other if sulfuric acid should be added to a solution: "yeah dude! YOLO!" Amazing.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

4. -5494
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I saw a documentary a couple of weeks ago regarding Russia's worst prisons including the black dolphin prison. Man, I'd just rather die. They went over some of the history of Siberian work prisons from decades and centuries ago and it was crazy stuff. 17000 prisoners died at norilsk due to forced labor, starvation and cold.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5495
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I woke up about half an hour ago, turned on the TV, and discovered that not only is there a show Called Prison Wives, but they're having a marathon of if right now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -5496
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Big fan. One of the only things I dislike about the time I spend home is the fact that you cant find Dogfish or Sierra Nevada Torpedo.
    My local bar has torpedo on tap.
    Quote Quote  

7. -5497
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Yo dawg, you ain't seen that shizz yet?! You mad crazy brah! Dem' movies is tight, on da real! Sees dem' quick! YOLO!

Speaking of YOLO, here's a response I overheard in an orgo lab I teach in which one undergrad asked the other if sulfuric acid should be added to a solution: "yeah dude! YOLO!" Amazing.

To quote JCane, "YOLO. It's like"carpe diem" for stupid people."
    Quote Quote  

8. -5498
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

**** orgo. Srsly. That was terrible.

Quote Quote  

9. -5499
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Speaking of that:

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Can someone explain to me what YOLO means?
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    You Only Live Once

It's basically Carpe Diem for stupid people.
    Quote Quote  

10. -5500
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Well you already know I feel that all drugs should be legal; regulated, taxed, manufactured & sold by the government. That's a different topic for a different day, but yes, as the laws stand now distribution is more serious than possession. It's terrible that people are even charged with possession. They should follow Portugal's model in that regard, if that is, they were actually more concerned with helping people, & not keeping the prisons filled with warm bodies because of mandatory minimum occupancy requirements & cheap labor. That said, it's certainly weird to witness the fact that you can get 1-4 years in Nevada for selling an eighth of bud, & then a couple miles west you have a place like California.
    States rights, baby!

Anyway, just because drugs should be legal doesn't mean that you necessarily have to feel the same about dealers as you do about users. Or maybe it's just me. But if I were, say, a cop (which would never happen), I would have an issue arresting someone for mere possession but would have no issue at all arresting someone for dealing. Now, I'm aware of the laws about possession of a certain amount implying intent to distribute. Those are bull****, to me. But that's not what I'm talking about.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote