Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 555 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 550551552553554555556557558559560 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 11362

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -5541
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,737
    vCash:
    18749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Never really got into woody Allen's stuff. But than again I think that this is one of the greatest cinematic scenes in all of moviedom

    No reason you can't like and appreciate both.

    ---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I assure you he is not. He can't land that bowling job, even though he's currently unemployed after being fired from an insurance job that required a cert. that he studied his ass off for months to get. It was useful for 2 months before they realized that an antisocial douche doesn't make a good salesman.

    He surprised her with a trip to NYC this weekend for their anniversary. Considering he hates this city, why would he do this? Because her parents are here visiting us and he knew he wouldn't have to pay for the hotel or any meals.
    Sounds like somebody's jealous.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -5542
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    19,386
    vCash:
    9860
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

    Re: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    No reason you can't like and appreciate both.

    ---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------



    Sounds like somebody's jealous.
    Of course I'm jealous. It's a sweet barbwire tattoo, but if I got one too I'd just be an unoriginal douchebag. Add in the fact that he gets to sit around all day unemployed drinking his Corona Lights, who wouldn't be jealous?





    Quote Quote  

  3. -5543
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,093
    vCash:
    8586
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Of course I'm jealous. It's a sweet barbwire tattoo, but if I got one too I'd just be an original douchebag. Add in the fact that he gets to sit around all day unemployed drinking his Corona Lights, who wouldn't be jealous?
    You could one up him and get some bad ass tribal.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

  4. -5544
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    19,386
    vCash:
    9860
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

    Re: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    You could one up him and get some bad ass tribal.

    Already on his other arm. Count out some amazing Chinese (?) on his leg. Maybe I can beat him to the Chinese dragon.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5545
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,093
    vCash:
    8586
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Already on his other arm. Count out some amazing Chinese (?) on his leg. Maybe I can beat him to the Chinese dragon.
    Damn, he's way ahead of the curve. I don't know how you could hope to keep up.

    On a side note, a friend of mine got a huge chinese dragon on his chest/arm right when he turned 18 and then couldn't figure out what to do with it. I convinced him to do the lake scene from The Hobbit. Luckily, another one of our friends is an amazing tattoo artist and continued the work after the other dude did the dragon. Now his whole right arm is Tolkien-themed.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -5546
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,521
    vCash:
    5032
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This episode of Mad Men is cracking me up.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"


    Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -5547
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,737
    vCash:
    18749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not that anyone asked but for me the best Woody Allen movies -- not that I've seen them all -- are Hannah and Her Sisters and Crimes and Misdemeanors. Match Point is excellent but it's basically a rehash of one half of Crimes and Misdemeanors with more of a Hitchcockian tone and better looking actors. I personally really loved Midnight in Paris, too, but that movie is not for everyone.

    On another note, saw Star Trek today. Really enjoyed it, for what it is. Like the first one, it's closer in tone and style to Indiana Jones than, you know, Star Trek. But I like a good action movie when it's smart and made with care.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -5548
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,521
    vCash:
    5032
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Not that anyone asked but for me the best Woody Allen movies -- not that I've seen them all -- are Hannah and Her Sisters and Crimes and Misdemeanors. Match Point is excellent but it's basically a rehash of one half of Crimes and Misdemeanors with more of a Hitchcockian tone and better looking actors. I personally really loved Midnight in Paris, too, but that movie is not for everyone.

    On another note, saw Star Trek today. Really enjoyed it, for what it is. Like the first one, it's closer in tone and style to Indiana Jones than, you know, Star Trek. But I like a good action movie when it's smart and made with care.
    Saw it Friday on IMAX. pretty good. I was leery of these prequel films of old retro sci-fi stuff after Star Wars I-III, but these are nice.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -5549
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,737
    vCash:
    18749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Saw it Friday on IMAX. pretty good. I was leery of these prequel films of old retro sci-fi stuff after Star Wars I-III, but these are nice.
    Star Wars was made by the same person though and sort of looked and felt the same. That made it feel as if it was part of the same thing as the first couple of Star Wars movies and was therefore offensive by comparison for being so awful (well Revenge of the Sith isn't awful, per se, but it's not very good, either). The same thing happened with Indiana Jones, imo. Same actor, same director, same look... but different enough and lesser and therefore utter **** (though to be fair, Temple of Doom is utter ****, too).

    These Star Trek movies are just so completely different from the TV show and even the first batch of movies that it doesn't seem like the same franchise at all. Plus the whole "alternate timeline" gimmick, though cheesy, makes it a different universe entirely and therefore doesn't bring up any issues with canon, though I'm not as geeky about that as some people.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -5550
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,164
    vCash:
    4747
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Star Wars was made by the same person though and sort of looked and felt the same. That made it feel as if it was part of the same thing as the first couple of Star Wars movies and was therefore offensive by comparison for being so awful (well Revenge of the Sith isn't awful, per se, but it's not very good, either). The same thing happened with Indiana Jones, imo. Same actor, same director, same look... but different enough and lesser and therefore utter **** (though to be fair, Temple of Doom is utter ****, too).

    These Star Trek movies are just so completely different from the TV show and even the first batch of movies that it doesn't seem like the same franchise at all. Plus the whole "alternate timeline" gimmick, though cheesy, makes it a different universe entirely and therefore doesn't bring up any issues with canon, though I'm not as geeky about that as some people.
    I disagree, Revenge of the Sith was terrible. The acting killed it. Granted, this is Star Wars so im not expecting Shakespearean performances but i dont expect complete abortions either. It always amused me that the widely recognized "best" movies of the series were done by another director who helped with the script(s). Youd think Lucas would have gotten the clue but apparently not.

    While i havent seen the new Star Trek, i dont disagree with the rest of your post. If i could erase 2 parts of my mind, it would be my memories of the newest Indiana Jones and The Scorpian King. And this is from a guy who used to have to watch Greys Anatomy.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1716
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •