Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 556 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 551552553554555556557558559560561 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 11452

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

  1. -5551
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,852
    vCash:
    3362
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Not that anyone asked but for me the best Woody Allen movies -- not that I've seen them all -- are Hannah and Her Sisters and Crimes and Misdemeanors. Match Point is excellent but it's basically a rehash of one half of Crimes and Misdemeanors with more of a Hitchcockian tone and better looking actors. I personally really loved Midnight in Paris, too, but that movie is not for everyone.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I put Annie Hall on queue yesterday, & Iíll probably go Midnight in Paris next, because I donít remember the last time Owen Wilson let me down. I also misspoke earlier when I said I hadn't seen a Woody Allen film; I have seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona, but was unaware Woody directed it until I saw the documentary.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -5552
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,527
    vCash:
    5065
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tonight's GoT
    Spoiler 


    Two more weeks, red wedding. Be ready. And if anyone just read that and doesn't know what it is and doesn't know what is happening in the next episode, for the love of god don't google it and ruin it for yourselves.
    Last edited by COphinphan89; 05-20-2013 at 01:31 AM.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"


    Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -5553
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,113
    vCash:
    8706
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I put Annie Hall on queue yesterday, & Iíll probably go Midnight in Paris next, because I donít remember the last time Owen Wilson let me down. I also misspoke earlier when I said I hadn't seen a Woody Allen film; I have seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona, but was unaware Woody directed it until I saw the documentary.
    I actually really enjoyed Vicky Christina Barcelona. I have Match Point but didn't really pay attention. I may give it another shot.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Diecast: Fade Away
    http://youtu.be/bDWlJL5dTxA
    Quote Quote  

  4. -5554
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,766
    vCash:
    18933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I disagree, Revenge of the Sith was terrible. The acting killed it. Granted, this is Star Wars so im not expecting Shakespearean performances but i dont expect complete abortions either. It always amused me that the widely recognized "best" movies of the series were done by another director who helped with the script(s). Youd think Lucas would have gotten the clue but apparently not.

    While i havent seen the new Star Trek, i dont disagree with the rest of your post. If i could erase 2 parts of my mind, it would be my memories of the newest Indiana Jones and The Scorpian King. And this is from a guy who used to have to watch Greys Anatomy.
    I dunno. I just don't think it's that awful. It's definitely getting graded on a curve, though.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5555
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,186
    vCash:
    4891
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I dunno. I just don't think it's that awful. It's definitely getting graded on a curve, though.
    I suppose one cant argue taste. At least, so long as your talking about the Revenge movie. If your talking about the Jones/King movies...

    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -5556
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,766
    vCash:
    18933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I put Annie Hall on queue yesterday, & Iíll probably go Midnight in Paris next, because I donít remember the last time Owen Wilson let me down. I also misspoke earlier when I said I hadn't seen a Woody Allen film; I have seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona, but was unaware Woody directed it until I saw the documentary.
    One's appreciation of Midnight in Paris is greatly heightened if they're at least somewhat familiar with the Lost Generation/Jazz Age, especially the writers. That's my chief hesitation in recommending it to people. It also has a very particular sensibility and theme that's not for everyone, as least as I perceive it (the movie does lend itself to multiple interpretations, however). Hannah and Her Sisters and Crimes and Misdemeanors by contrast have more universal themes and don't count on your knowing what Hemingway was like or who Gertrude Stein was.

    Haven't seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona, actually.

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I suppose one cant argue taste. At least, so long as your talking about the Revenge movie. If your talking about the Jones/King movies...

    LOL. I practically threw rocks at the screen when I saw Crystal Skull. South Park's interpretation of it was quite apt, imo.

    Didn't see The Scorpion King. Because I'm not an idiot.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -5557
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,186
    vCash:
    4891
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    LOL. I practically threw rocks at the screen when I saw Crystal Skull. South Park's interpretation of it was quite apt, imo.

    Didn't see The Scorpion King. Because I'm not an idiot.
    I distinctly recall Crystal Skull. I had just gotten in contact with some friends i hadnt seen in months and years. After the movie we all just sat there looking back and forth between each other speechless. Then i just started repeatedly talking about "what **** did i just see". Flabbergasted i just kept talking about it as we walked out. Someone at the theater told me to stop talking, at which point i said something to the effect of: "Or WHAT, i wont get the privilege of watching similar **** in the future?!?!".

    And thats the exact reason why i saw King. Or thats the only conclusion i have for letting my eyes look upon that movie. Which is not to say i dont have excuses for seeing it, for those are legion. But i watched it...and i should have ran into traffic instead. Thus, i am an idiot for not making the better choice of leaping in front of a semi.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -5558
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,766
    vCash:
    18933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Speaking of works of great cinematic quality, here's the latest from the people who brought you Sharktopus:



    http://www.movieweb.com/movie/sharknado

    It stars Tara Reid. Because of course it does.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -5559
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,113
    vCash:
    8706
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    One's appreciation of Midnight in Paris is greatly heightened if they're at least somewhat familiar with the Lost Generation/Jazz Age, especially the writers. That's my chief hesitation in recommending it to people. It also has a very particular sensibility and theme that's not for everyone, as least as I perceive it (the movie does lend itself to multiple interpretations, however). Hannah and Her Sisters and Crimes and Misdemeanors by contrast have more universal themes and don't count on your knowing what Hemingway was like or who Gertrude Stein was.

    Haven't seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona, actually.

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------



    LOL. I practically threw rocks at the screen when I saw Crystal Skull. South Park's interpretation of it was quite apt, imo.

    Didn't see The Scorpion King. Because I'm not an idiot.
    The only thing that makes The Scorpion King remotely watchable is Kelly Hu.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -5560
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,691
    vCash:
    4944
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    The only thing that makes The Scorpion King remotely watchable is Kelly Hu.
    I totally have a thing for Kelly hu. Anyway. I spoke too soon in regards to greatest movie scenes. This is definitely number one (I can't believe I watched the whole movie)

    It's weird though that I really liked midnight in Paris even though most of woody Allen's movies don't do anything for me. Anyhoo, back to the greatest scene evaaaaa.



    ---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Speaking of works of great cinematic quality, here's the latest from the people who brought you Sharktopus:



    http://www.movieweb.com/movie/sharknado

    It stars Tara Reid. Because of course it does.
    And that guy from Beverly Hills 90210. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6718
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1716
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. can we keep this thread alive in the PoFo?
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •