Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 707 of 2246 FirstFirst ... 702703704705706707708709710711712 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 22453

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -7061
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL. And apparently undergrad hasn't even started yet. Ugh
    Quote Quote  

2. -7062
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Can anybody explain to me the popularity of duck dynasty. I don't even know what it's about. I figured it was a show showing duck hunters in action(which I thought might be cool) but when I put it on it was just a bunch of huckleberrys sitting around, talking about something stupid. Anyhoo, gave it 7 minutes and changed the channel.
    Quote Quote  

3. -7063
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where are you relative to campus? North, south, east or west?

I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes
    Quote Quote  

4. -7064
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    West, but the law school is on the northwest corner. The most direct route for me is 34th to 2nd and it's off of 2nd. I could probably turn onto campus sooner and just head north too, haven't tried that yet. But I think I'm pretty set on taking the bus though to save gas money and headaches from trying to find parking.
    Quote Quote  

5. -7065
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    at the suggestion I just started googling MLK quotes at random to find one I could disagree with. Do all the people on your planet act this way, or did Earth lose a bet?

It is a commonly used quote. Just as every president identifies with Lincoln and Truman, everybody who's ever been involved in a social cause finds their way to that quote eventually. Outside of "I have a dream" it's probably the most ubiquitous MLK quote that there is. That you're tacitly admitting you've never heard it before does not surprise me one little bit.
    It's apparently not even Dr. King's quote.

Many thinkers, beginning with Dr. Martin Luther King, refer to this moral universe as the arc (or partial circle) that bends toward justice. In other words, morality shows a preference toward truth and justice that far exceeds the countervailing arc of immorality and injustice.

I believe if you read the quote in its first published form you will get a more complete answer. The quote is from Theodore Parker in the 1850s.

"I do not pretend to understand the moral universe; the arc is a long one, my eye reaches but little ways; I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice."

Dr. King paraphrased the quote and made it more modern and succinct but it lost some meaning.
    Edit: I'm not sure this one is his, either.

Quote Quote  

6. -7066
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    LOL, Walrus that explains everything. You are a Gator!!! LOL!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7067
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    West, but the law school is on the northwest corner. The most direct route for me is 34th to 2nd and it's off of 2nd. I could probably turn onto campus sooner and just head north too, haven't tried that yet. But I think I'm pretty set on taking the bus though to save gas money and headaches from trying to find parking.
    Yeah, you're pretty much ****ed. 34th between Archer and University is the worst section of road in Alachua County.

There's no way in or out of the northwest corner of campus without hitting traffic. The route from the North I would imagine is the best, but I can't say for sure since I never lived in that part of town.

If you take the road off 34th where the gym is (Hull Road, I think), there's a back way to get to the Law School (you can get to this same back way from an entrance off of Archer Road, also). But like you said, the parking would probably still be an issue. Parking is where the real scams and tricks begin in Gainesville. I never knew I had a criminal instinct until I finally got fed up with the buses started trying to drive to school whenever possible, but I took to it fast. At one point I had gathered the materials together to forge my own parking pass until I found a little known block of free parking spots near the stadium.

My last semester I figured out how to get the Florida Bright Futures scholarship to pay for my parking tickets. I was running the school magazine at the time and wrote a column about it, which led to the loophole being closed. By the time it ran I had graduated, though, so I didn't care.
    Quote Quote  

8. -7068
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    LOL, Walrus that explains everything. You are a Gator!!! LOL!!!
    It is the explanation to life, the universe and everything. You bet.
    Quote Quote  

9. -7069
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    My dearest Spesh, Walrus, Gonzo and Rob....

Why should i go **** myself when im ****ing your wife?

Im not a machine man, theres only so much hip thrusting i can do at one time, and your wife has desperately needed a good **** for the longest time. This is charity and im a giving person.

Laughed that your great insult was just linking a picture someone else posted. Not as funny as you playing yourself off as an educated, successful businessman while not knowing what a ****ing college entry exam is or what stocks are, but still damned amusing. Is it possible to be a bigger loser? Oh wait, the mods stripping you of your "no thanks" option caused a mid-life crisis...so i suppose its not possible.

Oh, and your family sucks.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 4
    Quote Quote  

10. -7070
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    It is the explanation to life, the universe and everything. You bet.
    We didn't want our son to go there. Kind of dumpy. Not impressed with the campus.

FTP.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Why should i go **** myself when im ****ing your wife?

Im not a machine man, theres only so much hip thrusting i can do at one time, and your wife has desperately needed a good **** for the longest time. This is charity and im a giving person.

Laughed that your great insult was just linking a picture someone else posted. Not as funny as you playing yourself off as an educated, successful businessman while not knowing what a ****ing college entry exam is or what stocks are, but still damned amusing. Is it possible to be a bigger loser? Oh wait, the mods stripping you of your "no thanks" option caused a mid-life crisis...so i suppose its not possible.

Oh, and your family sucks.
    How's welfare treating you ghetto rats?

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Time for you queers to start the circle jerk???

Have fun with that!
    Quote Quote