Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 734 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 729730731732733734735736737738739 ... LastLast
Results 7,331 to 7,340 of 15165

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -7331
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Poll: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria

As President Obama continues to push for a plan of limited military intervention in Syria, a new poll of Americans has found that though the nation remains wary over the prospect of becoming involved in another Middle Eastern war, the vast majority of U.S. citizens strongly approve of sending Congress to Syria.

The New York Times/CBS News poll showed that though just 1 in 4 Americans believe that the United States has a responsibility to intervene in the Syrian conflict, more than 90 percent of the public is convinced that putting all 535 representatives of the United States Congress on the ground in Syria—including Senate pro tempore Patrick Leahy, House Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and, in fact, all current members of the House and Senate—is the best course of action at this time.

“I believe it is in the best interest of the United States, and the global community as a whole, to move forward with the deployment of all U.S. congressional leaders to Syria immediately,” respondent Carol Abare, 50, said in the nationwide telephone survey, echoing the thoughts of an estimated 9 in 10 Americans who said they “strongly support” any plan of action that involves putting the U.S. House and Senate on the ground in the war-torn Middle Eastern state. “With violence intensifying every day, now is absolutely the right moment—the perfect moment, really—for the United States to send our legislators to the region.”

“In fact, my preference would have been for Congress to be deployed months ago,” she added.

Citing overwhelming support from the international community—including that of the Arab League, Turkey, and France, as well as Great Britain, Iraq, Iran, Russia, Japan, Mexico, China, and Canada, all of whom are reported to be unilaterally in favor of sending the U.S. Congress to Syria—the majority of survey respondents said they believe the United States should refocus its entire approach to Syria’s civil war on the ground deployment of U.S. senators and representatives, regardless of whether the Assad regime used chemical weapons or not.

In fact, 91 percent of those surveyed agreed that the active use of sarin gas attacks by the Syrian government would, if anything, only increase poll respondents’ desire to send Congress to Syria.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/pol...ng-cong,33752/

The best idea ever!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -7332
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My Finheaven looks funny. Does your guys' Finheaven look funny too?
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

3. -7333
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    My Finheaven looks funny. Does your guys' Finheaven look funny too?
    If by funny you mean better, then yes it looks funny. Hell, it's downright hilarious.

Quote Quote  

4. -7334
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    If by funny you mean better, then yes it looks funny. Hell, it's downright hilarious.
    I'll have to say that it is easier on the eyes now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -7335
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

6. -7336
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish I could thank that more than once.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7337
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91

Quote Quote  

8. -7338
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    You know, her VMA nonsense didn't bother me at all. Somebody does it every year. What does bother me, however, is her goddamn horse teeth and her weird desire to show them off by making that ******* face all the time.

Quote Quote  

9. -7339
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This whole retirement of the ButtFumble as the not top 10 play that Sportscenter is doing has been hilarious. They seriously just did a Sports Science piece on it where they taped sensors to a guy's ass and then had Brenkus run at him over and over again.

1,300 pounds of force! More than 10 times the amount needed for a fumble! You don't say!?

Edit: and here's the video!

That is maybe the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Quote Quote  

10. -7340
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    This whole retirement of the ButtFumble as the not top 10 play that Sportscenter is doing has been hilarious. They seriously just did a Sports Science piece on it where they taped sensors to a guy's ass and then had Brenkus run at him over and over again.

1,300 pounds of force! More than 10 times the amount needed for a fumble! You don't say!?

Edit: and here's the video!

That is maybe the greatest thing I've ever seen.
    Gold.

And I always wondered...if Brenkus is really a scientist, dont you think on some level it eats at him that he is paid (a lot, mind you) to make a mockery of the subject he loves? Theres no way he can go to sleep at night thinking he is actually doing science justice.
    Quote Quote