Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 742 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 737738739740741742743744745746747 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 15169

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -7411
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Ha. Thought so. I remember seeing it when I was a kid on hbo I think or some cable network.
    I've seen it maybe a dozen times. Was a favorite around my house growing up. We still quote it. A bizarre movie, a complete knee jerk reaction movie to Watergate and conspiracy theories in general. Written and directed by the same guy who did the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, if you've seen that. That chase scene is money, though. I think I read that one of the pilots who worked on it said it was the most dangerous movie he ever worked on. That is, before he was killed a few years later working on a movie. So... probably the second most dangerous.

Quote Quote  

2. -7412
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I've seen it maybe a dozen times. Was a favorite around my house growing up. We still quote it. A bizarre movie, a complete knee jerk reaction movie to Watergate and conspiracy theories in general. Written and directed by the same guy who did the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, if you've seen that. That chase scene is money, though. I think I read that one of the pilots who worked on it said it was the most dangerous movie he ever worked on. That is, before he was killed a few years later working on a movie. So... probably the second most dangerous.
    Yeah. I remember liking it. I think I remember one of, if not the final scene was the astronauts who were presumed dead walking in front of a TV crew. I think. Speaking of late 70s movies, ever see meteor with Sean Connery? The us and Russians during the Cold War working together to avert disaster. Lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -7413
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah. I remember liking it. I think I remember one of, if not the final scene was the astronauts who were presumed dead walking in front of a TV crew. I think. Speaking of late 70s movies, ever see meteor with Sean Connery? The us and Russians during the Cold War working together to avert disaster. Lol
    No, never seen it. Sounds sort of amazing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -7414
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just looked up Meteor on Netflix. Some great actors in it. Brian Keith! Trevor Howard! Also, it estimates I'll give it less than two stars.
    Quote Quote  

5. -7415
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just looked up Meteor on Netflix. Some great actors in it. Brian Keith! Trevor Howard! Also, it estimates I'll give it less than two stars.
    Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't high quality. What did I know as a little kid though. Lol. Some of my favorite movies from that time frame that I remember seeing as a kid on cable or hbo in the early 80s were the black hole with Maximilian schell, the boys from brazil and force 10 from navarone with Harrison ford, Robert shaw and the great Barbara Bach who also starred in the awful Caveman with ringo starr
    Quote Quote  

6. -7416
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't high quality. What did I know as a little kid though. Lol. Some of my favorite movies from that time frame that I remember seeing as a kid on cable or hbo in the early 80s were the black hole with Maximilian schell, the boys from brazil and force 10 from navarone with Harrison ford, Robert shaw and the great Barbara Bach who also starred in the awful Caveman with ringo starr

Never seen Black Hole. The Boys from Brazil I only watched recently and it was just terrible. I only watched it because I'm a fan of James Mason. Force 10 from Navarone is a good movie, though it's sort of a typical British WWII movie in that there's a dumb American character (in this case, Ford). I was actually just watching a bit of that the other day. It's sort of a loose sequel to a movie from the 50s I think called The Guns of Navarone, which I haven't seen in, oh, 20 years. I seem to remember it was a better movie, though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7417
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks

Never seen Black Hole. The Boys from Brazil I only watched recently and it was just terrible. I only watched it because I'm a fan of James Mason. Force 10 from Navarone is a good movie, though it's sort of a typical British WWII movie in that there's a dumb American character (in this case, Ford). I was actually just watching a bit of that the other day. It's sort of a loose sequel to a movie from the 50s I think called The Guns of Navarone, which I haven't seen in, oh, 20 years. I seem to remember it was a better movie, though.
    Yeah. I haven't seen those movies since I was a kid. I'm sure if I saw any of them now my opinion would be vastly different than when I was 8. Lol.
    Quote Quote  

8. -7418
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On another note. Why did Sanchez have to get hurt? I'm gonna miss that sh1t show
    Quote Quote  

9. -7419
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On another note. Why did Sanchez have to get hurt? I'm gonna miss that sh1t show
    Biggest bummer of the season thus far. Not even close.
    Quote Quote  

10. -7420
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The movie Prisoners has been lauded by the critics so far but can Paul Dano play a character that doesn't creep you out?
    Quote Quote