Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 756 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 751752753754755756757758759760761 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 13823

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -7551
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I forgot about Brooklyn 99. I caught it's premiere tonight and it was pretty funny, I'll definitely tune in next Tuesday. I fits in well with The New Girl (my favorite sitcom on TV) and The Mindy Project which is also very funny.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -7552
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just got back from seeing Between the Buried and Me, The Faceless, The Contortionist, and The Safety Fire. Sheer badassery.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

3. -7553
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Breaking Bad related

Spoiler 
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

4. -7554
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Someone slap me please. I got sucked into another Jeff Ireland thread on the main board. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -7555
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Just got back from seeing Between the Buried and Me, The Faceless, The Contortionist, and The Safety Fire. Sheer badassery.
    Is this the movie lineup at the alternative lifestyle movie theater?
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

6. -7556
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    For the bored:
    Quote Quote  

7. -7557
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seriously, junc has to have an axis II of some sort; probably a personality disorder. His superiority complex is beyond troll job or internet tough guy. The dude actually believes that bull**** he posts. Rex Ryan himself could come out and specifically say "nyjunc, you are wrong" and he would still argue. Narcissistic personality disorder is a legitimate possibility. I could also make a strong case for antisocial personality disorder, but the former fits better. Dude needs to be in therapy...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -7558
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Seriously, junc has to have an axis II of some sort; probably a personality disorder. His superiority complex is beyond troll job or internet tough guy. The dude actually believes that bull**** he posts. Rex Ryan himself could come out and specifically say "nyjunc, you are wrong" and he would still argue. Narcissistic personality disorder is a legitimate possibility. I could also make a strong case for antisocial personality disorder, but the former fits better. Dude needs to be in therapy...
    It's pointless to engage with him. Whereas a normal thought process would be to look at the information first and than draw conclusions, he does exactly the opposite. He reaches his conclusion first based on his jets homerism and than he twists and contorts the information to suit his preordained conclusion. Any bit of evidence that goes against him his dismisses with arbitrary and unsubstantial nonsense. That why his rhetoric consists of things like "don't just look at stats" "you're not looking it in the right context" "you don't understand the game". His argument is a constant moving target and as soon as you try to pin him down on something he quickly moves to another point. Everyone here and on the jets forum knows he's full of **** but he's so self deluded that he can't see it. He's so convinced himself that he's right that nothing will change it. If you present evidence that dismisses his nonsense he ignores it or brushes it off with a useless statement. The guy has serious issues. It's an exercise in futility to even converse with him. He knows very little about the game but he thinks he's one of the most valued posters here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -7559
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    It's pointless to engage with him. Whereas a normal thought process would be to look at the information first and than draw conclusions, he does exactly the opposite. He reaches his conclusion first based on his jets homerism and than he twists and contorts the information to suit his preordained conclusion. Any bit of evidence that goes against him his dismisses with arbitrary and unsubstantial nonsense. That why his rhetoric consists of things like "don't just look at stats" "you're not looking it in the right context" "you don't understand the game". His argument is a constant moving target and as soon as you try to pin him down on something he quickly moves to another point. Everyone here and on the jets forum knows he's full of **** but he's so self deluded that he can't see it. He's so convinced himself that he's right that nothing will change it. If you present evidence that dismisses his nonsense he ignores it or brushes it off with a useless statement. The guy has serious issues. It's an exercise in futility to even converse with him. He knows very little about the game but he thinks he's one of the most valued posters here.
    There have been psychological experiments done, dozens of them, to test group think. The most famous was where they put a group of 5 people in a room and 4 were asked to purposely answer a questions wrong, something like 2+2 = 5, to see what the 5th person would do. They would almost always agree with the wrong answer, even if they knew it was wrong, because everyone else did. I'm sure you've seen it. That's normal human behavior. So the fact that the guy can look at everyone, and literally damn near everyone, and see them disagree with him and STILL believe that they are the wrong ones and that he is right is interesting. A normal person would look at the fact that not only the majority, but a landslide majority, disagree with them would re-evaluate their position and figure out why. Not him. He just plugs his ears and shouts "buttfumble IS THE BESTEST" as loud as he can. Dude has issues for sure...
    Quote Quote  

10. -7560
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    There have been psychological experiments done, dozens of them, to test group think. The most famous was where they put a group of 5 people in a room and 4 were asked to purposely answer a questions wrong, something like 2+2 = 5, to see what the 5th person would do. They would almost always agree with the wrong answer, even if they knew it was wrong, because everyone else did. I'm sure you've seen it. That's normal human behavior. So the fact that the guy can look at everyone, and literally damn near everyone, and see them disagree with him and STILL believe that they are the wrong ones and that he is right is interesting. A normal person would look at the fact that not only the majority, but a landslide majority, disagree with them would re-evaluate their position and figure out why. Not him. He just plugs his ears and shouts "buttfumble IS THE BESTEST" as loud as he can. Dude has issues for sure...
    I thought experiments like that had to be bull**** until I took one of these numbskull mega lecture theater appreciation classes my last semester of college. The professor was one of the dumbest people I've ever run across, an actress in her mid 30s who pronounced "Louvre" as "Loo vray", to give you an idea. At one point she's running down the various parts of a stage and she literally said, in a phrase that I will never forget, that the scenic backdrop of a stage is "a non-visual aspect of sound."

Keep in mind this is by far the biggest lecture hall on campus and easily sits 300-400 people. And it's the first class of the semester, so it's packed. But when she says such a ridiculous thing -- which by the way was also written on the slide being projected -- no one stops her or corrects her or anything. The guy next to me actually wrote it down. Scenery is a non visual aspect of sound. I actually turned to him and was like, "uh, you know that's wrong, right?" And he just shrugged.
    Quote Quote