Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 806 of 2944 FirstFirst ... 801802803804805806807808809810811 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 29436

Thread: POFO Anything Goes Thread. ((Warning do not enter if you can't handle fire))

1. -8051
    Hall Of Famer
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    The Baltimore Ravens will win the NFC North and host the Kansas City Chiefs in the WC Round, where they'll go on to win 20-10. This will reinforce the decision to pay Flacco.
    Quote Quote  

2. -8052
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Quote Originally Posted by CirclingWagons View Post
    The Baltimore Ravens will win the NFC North and host the Kansas City Chiefs in the WC Round, where they'll go on to win 20-10. This will reinforce the decision to pay Flacco.
    I'll hold you to that.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/cam-newton-no-respect/

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 5
    Quote Quote  

3. -8053
    Hall Of Famer
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Please do...I have no faith in The Ginger
    Quote Quote  

4. -8054
    Hall Of Famer
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    err, AFC North...you know what I meant.
    Quote Quote  

5. -8055
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:

According to a Giants spokesman, the tweets were referred to NFL security. An NFL spokesman declined comment on the matter.

“Rayner” appeared to eventually show some remorse about what he indicated wasn’t a serious threat. At first, after Jacobs tweeted a picture of the threats on Tuesday morning, “Rayner” responded by tweeting “Brandon Jacobs really subtweeted me like a hoe”. But then he backed off and even begged for Jacobs’ forgiveness.

“BRO RELAX ITS NEVER THAT SERIOUS...” he wrote. “ITS JUST TWITTER MAN. I TRUELY APOLOGIZE I COULD NEVER ACTUALLY DO THAT. RETWEET THIS PLEASE”

“FORGIVE ME MAN ITS NOT EVEN LIKE THAT... REALLY IM TRYNA BE YOUR FRIEND !!”

After tweeting that he was planning to change his Twitter handle, and that he didn’t expect Jacobs to read his tweet, “Rayner” — who described himself on his account as a “Ball State University -----” — wrote again to Jacobs: “BRUH STOP PLAYING ... YOU KNOW THAT AINT SERIOUS AND I APOLOGIZE. PLEASE ACCEPT ?”

“BRANDON.. CAN YOU AT LEAST TALK ABOUT IT TO ME I REALLY DIDNT MEAN IT”

Then finally, after apparently deactivating his account for a few hours, “Rayner” reappeared in an apparent panic, tweeting
    “I AM DEEPLY SORRY OH MY GOD THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN WTF I DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING THAT I SAID PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP @gatorboyrb”

Then he added “@gatorboyrb I AM LITERALLY BEGGING YOU RIGHT NOW ... LIKE IM SCARED AF MAN PLEEEEEAASSSEEE MAKE THIS STOP … I literally cannot do anything else but just hope nothing happens , deactivate , and hope it drifts away”.

Jacobs has yet to respond to those pleas. But on a conference call with reporters, Giants coach Tom Coughlin said he was “concerned” about something that has “no business or no place in professional athletics, amateur athletics, or whatever.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2iW8tCYoS

Yeah, im gonna have to file his pleas under "poetic justice". Hope Jacobs lets the bitch squirm.
    Quote Quote  

6. -8056
    1/7/14
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2iW8tCYoS

Yeah, im gonna have to file his pleas under "poetic justice". Hope Jacobs lets the bitch squirm.
    Yeah, that's terrible. At the same time, though, people want to blame it on fantasy when I think that the rise of fantasy football just coincides with twitter. People have been gambling and had a lot to lose and been immature little bitches way before fantasy football. I'm glad this dingleberry is running scared though and hope he's ****ting himself four times a day.

The thing is I've been hearing about turning football players into some kind of commodity that you can buy and trade, like with actual money involved, sort of like the stock market. Basically turning fantasy football into Big Boy stock market stuff. I've only seen little bits referred to here and there. Haven't read the whole story.

Anyway, that's not going to help things.

I was once a normal kid
    Till the Devil came down and flipped my lid
    He gave me a switchblade and he gave me a muse
    Then he vomited acid all over my shoes
    Quote Quote  

7. -8057
    Hall Of Famer
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    "p-p-p-pwease Brandon, you no I didn't mean it!" Serves him right, and looks like he'll have to put that neat Liberal Arts degree on hold
    Quote Quote  

8. -8058
    #freespesh
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Yeah, that's terrible. At the same time, though, people want to blame it on fantasy when I think that the rise of fantasy football just coincides with twitter. People have been gambling and had a lot to lose and been immature little bitches way before fantasy football. I'm glad this dingleberry is running scared though and hope he's ****ting himself four times a day.

The thing is I've been hearing about turning football players into some kind of commodity that you can buy and trade, like with actual money involved, sort of like the stock market. Basically turning fantasy football into Big Boy stock market stuff. I've only seen little bits referred to here and there. Haven't read the whole story.

Anyway, that's not going to help things.
    Agreed, sports and death threats have a long illustrious history. Twitter, as with most things concerning the internet, just enables individuals that much easier. Love how Jacobs just threw up the picture and walked away, letting the situation fix itself. A good public shaming handles a lot of problems.

As im sure you know, there are leagues in fantasy football where people bid with cash on players, but i doubt thats what you are referring to. Regardless, as i agreed earlier, fantasy football and twitter arent the problem. People being tools are.
    Quote Quote  

9. -8059
    1/7/14
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Room 101
    Ok, found the story. It's not their statistical performance which drives the stock, but their financial performance.

First, there was old-fashioned gambling on football. Then came the fantasy leagues. And now, thanks to Wall Street, fans can buy a stake in their favorite player.

On Thursday, a start-up company announced a new trading exchange for investors to buy and sell interests in professional athletes. Backed by executives from Silicon Valley, Wall Street and the sports world, the company plans to create stocks tied to an athlete’s financial performance.

After considering a number of possibilities for its inaugural initial public offering, the company found a charismatic candidate in Arian Foster, the Pro Bowl running back of the Houston Texans. Investors in the deal will receive stock linked to Mr. Foster’s future earnings, which includes the value of his playing contracts, corporate endorsements and appearance fees.

The company, Fantex Holdings, has grand ambitions beyond a Foster I.P.O. — it hopes to sign up more football players and other athletes, as well as celebrities like pop singers and Hollywood actors.
    http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/10/...-buy-one/?_r=0

Nope. Nothing sketchy about this at all.
    Quote Quote  

10. -8060
    Hall Of Famer
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Not once have we heard the gay community apologize for the AIDS epidemic in America. It'd be nice if they showed some humility after the thousands of death that either directly or indirectly were caused by their deviant behavior.
    Quote Quote