Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mass. GOV Deval Patrick vetoes bill that wouldnt allow you to abuse food stamps

1. -11
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I feel the same way. And it turned out to cost more than the savings I think. It really is an easy thing to reform. But unfortunately corporatism has got it's hold on the program. Too many people will lose money if we reformed it.
    If your thinking about Florida's recent attempts at drug testing in order to receive government assistence, then your right.

Across the line the entire thing was a failure. Cost the state more money, was unconstitutional, and something like 97% of the people who took the drug test passed with no problems. True to form, Rick Scott tried to save face by signing a bill into law forcing state agencies to randomly test 10% of their work force every three months. Im going to be really shocked when that one comes back overwhelmingly negative.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah Rick's a douche. I believe in reforming EBT to more of a WIC program. The drug testing thing was all a charade to appease the right wing. I'm glad it didn't work.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    If your thinking about Florida's recent attempts at drug testing in order to receive government assistence, then your right.

Across the line the entire thing was a failure. Cost the state more money, was unconstitutional, and something like 97% of the people who took the drug test passed with no problems. True to form, Rick Scott tried to save face by signing a bill into law forcing state agencies to randomly test 10% of their work force every three months. Im going to be really shocked when that one comes back overwhelmingly negative.

agreed. rick scott is a complete d bag. i voted for the democrat alex sink (first democrat i ever voted for). he claims to be a conservative but wants to spend more government money to watch after welfare recipients. i cant stand the guy. what is sad is that i know people who thought he was really a conservative and they stand by all his bs.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Were there alot of people on government assisitance people buying weed with there government handous maybe but if they were smart they should of known that they very easily could of got clean in that time they got there assistance that was just dumb thinking.
    Quote Quote