Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Freeh report on Penn State released

1. -41
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I am as outraged as anyone and there should be anger for the victims. At the same time there should be an understanding what folks, fans, parents, players and family members close to that program are having to accept. If happened at the U or Alabama, those pockets of the country and alum would react the same way.

Nublars absence in this thread is very telling.
    I have to disagree about the U. This is the kind of thing that happens when a town is built around a huge school, where the university becomes life and coaches become town heroes/gods. I have sympathy for those students that weren't involved in the riots or supporting them. Those that were in the riots or supported them deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is gonna make for one hell of an ESPiN 30-for-30 documentary in 10-15 years or so. Old testimonies, documents dug up. Victim interviews with masked voices and obscured faces. And to top it all off, a tell-all prison interview with a near-death Jerry Sandusky.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    We all suspected but you can't jump the gun when an extensive investigation is ongoing. I always appreciate your passion but you are thinking and speaking with your emotions. Nothing could or would be done until this was concluded.

As for the PSU alumni reaction, admitting Joe ****ed up is more then I expected. You need to get a grip and realize just how crushing this is to that community. Not everyone is going to react in a manner you deem appropriate. Get over yourself.

I just threw up in my mouth! Who gives a flying **** about the alumni, students, etc! This is exactly what is wrong with this country we are more concerned about a god damn game then child welfare! If a school got the death sentence for gambling the PSU gets it for this and then some. They should lose everything including state and federal funding. The school leadership turned cheek while one of the most despicable crimes was committed for over a decade under their nose. On more then one occasion they had a chance to save a child and they failed! Those individuals should be having 60 years all the same as Sandusky.

A society that fails to protect its children falls its self!
    Last edited by flynryan15; 07-13-2012 at 01:25 PM.

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I couldn't agree more on Nike I am done with them! Big freaking deal you took the name of the kid center! I am sure the Iraqi people removed Sadams name of their center for human rights! Give me a break Nike.

Jcane I say let Paternos kid speak. Just shows everyone outside that sick twisted PSU CULT what a twisted **** his dad was and he is! My dad pulled that **** I would lead the charge to hang him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am as outraged as anyone and there should be anger for the victims. At the same time there should be an understanding what folks, fans, parents, players and family members close to that program are having to accept. If happened at the U or Alabama, those pockets of the country and alum would react the same way.

Nublars absence in this thread is very telling.
    Fair enough.

Living down the street to FSU gives me alittle bit of the perspective of PSU fans. I recall the anger and bitterness from FSU fans when Bobby Bowden was forced into retirement(despite having met the man a few times, and personally being of fan of his, i was in favor of his firing though not of the promotion of Jimbo).

But, despite the outrage, there was no flipped cars and riots(at least that i can recall). And that was over not winning enough games, not the covering up of child rape. I get the devotion. Bowden was comparably worshipped here.
    But honestly, this crushing blow to the community of Penn State is a good thing. This thing was so gruesome and tragic that people need to be shaken up and get some perspective. Im glad the alumni arent seeing Paterno as a victim anymore....even if it came many, many, months late.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like this suggestion:

To all the fools who rioted after Paterno was justifiably fired, please report to Beaver Stadium to aid in civilly bringing down that statue. To all the sycophants who still proudly wear their “Joe Knows” T-shirts, kindly spend a day volunteering with young victims of sexual assault. It’s precisely because of silence and fear that a staggering number of children—one in six, and that’s a conservative estimate—continue to be victimized by monsters like Sandusky.

With its bronze finger raised to signify Penn State—or maybe the coach himself—is No. 1, the statue of Paterno now serves to taunt every child victim.
    Blow the damn thing up.
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...eadid=EL/SICOM
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    As far as I am concerned they can strap it to a tank pull it down and let the victims hit it with their shoes like was done with the Sadam statue! Happy Valley my ass! Joe Paterno is a big of two faced hypocrite as there is! That troll preached honor while enabling a predator to stalk his prey.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    As far as Im concerned this puts Paterno on the list of all time worst people in the world of sports. In fact it has to place him right near the top with OJ and LeBron.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    As far as Im concerned this puts Paterno on the list of all time worst people in the world of sports. In fact it has to place him right near the top with OJ and LeBron.
    Hey now, The Juice was never was convicted of anything except robbery. He beat the murder rap, fair and square.

Robbery isn't in the same stratosphere as covering up the Ticklemonster Tryst, so there's no way he's one of the "all-time worst".
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is essentially what Paterno's legacy will be from now on. Even as people who helped build Paterno's supposedly pristine image over the decades realize that they've all been duped. We all were.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...no-true-legacy

However, the most interesting thing in this piece is the part where Rick Reilly talks about the anonymous phone call he got one night from a Penn St. professor in 1986 while Reilly was there to do a fluff piece on Coach Paterno. There were folks back then who perhaps knew what the man was about long before anyone else did.
    Quote Quote