Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: FinHeaven Lurkers :: Get ITT

1. -171
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    It's the offseason . bump
    Quote Quote  

2. -172
    Why not Us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Currently Stationed Overseas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bring them out! Bring them out!

COME ON' RYAN!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -173
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do we have any data on how many lurkers are out there daily?
    Quote Quote  

4. -174
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I may have a shot at this! I come here quite a bit for my Dolphins fix, although I really haven't been around for several weeks now. Definitely will pick up my pace as the draft and free agency near...this will be an important offseason in the direction the Dolphins will be heading....
    Quote Quote  

5. -175
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have been a member since 2003 and I used to post religiously for many years. Of late, my posts have been few and far between (although moreso in the offseason) bc too many times, people can't agree to disagree without ripping each other or offering up their point of view. It's like the more they rip other posts/posters, the better they feel about themselves. There are many threads I feel are ridiculous or stupid and such threads I just ignore and focus on the ones that are interesting to me. If I post something contrary to the OP, it's always done in a way to give my side without ripping the poster or his/her point.

Big-time players make big-time plays in big-time games.
    Quote Quote  

6. -176
    Squirrel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't post often, but I lurk just about every day, always enjoy reading posts.

I'd be willing to bet that I am older than many posters on this site (will be 59 in three weeks) so I have a different view of the Phins than some on here. I first got into the Phins in 1970, and honestly, I can't explain why, but it has stuck with me for a long time. From a historical viewpoint, there are some things that are particularly interesting to me about posters here:

1. Football knowledge is somehow related to the number of posts that each individual has. The more posts, the higher the credability of the poster. I have seen many posters being attacked because they don't have many posts. Regardless of what they say, they aren't credible becasue they don't have many posts. Maybe someone can explain that to me.

2. Posters who honestly believe that Tannehill is a franchise QB. Look, Dan Marino was a franchise QB. At this point, Tanny is nowhere near that. How is that even debatable? When Tanny has the skill and success of Marino, then I'll consider him a franchise QB. Until then, it's blasphemy to me, equal to a total lack of respect for the great Phins of the past. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but honestly, this makes no sense to me.

But even with those thoughts in mind, I do enjoy this site, and now, I have one more post. And remember, please type slow when you post. I can't read fast anymore.

And BTW, I've never "played" Madden football. Sure hope it is fun.
    Quote Quote  

7. -177
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am just plain lazy!
    Quote Quote  

8. -178
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fleetwoodolfan View Post
    I don't post often, but I lurk just about every day, always enjoy reading posts.

I'd be willing to bet that I am older than many posters on this site (will be 59 in three weeks) so I have a different view of the Phins than some on here. I first got into the Phins in 1970, and honestly, I can't explain why, but it has stuck with me for a long time. From a historical viewpoint, there are some things that are particularly interesting to me about posters here:

1. Football knowledge is somehow related to the number of posts that each individual has. The more posts, the higher the credability of the poster. I have seen many posters being attacked because they don't have many posts. Regardless of what they say, they aren't credible becasue they don't have many posts. Maybe someone can explain that to me.

2. Posters who honestly believe that Tannehill is a franchise QB. Look, Dan Marino was a franchise QB. At this point, Tanny is nowhere near that. How is that even debatable? When Tanny has the skill and success of Marino, then I'll consider him a franchise QB. Until then, it's blasphemy to me, equal to a total lack of respect for the great Phins of the past. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but honestly, this makes no sense to me.

But even with those thoughts in mind, I do enjoy this site, and now, I have one more post. And remember, please type slow when you post. I can't read fast anymore.

And BTW, I've never "played" Madden football. Sure hope it is fun.
    You can't compare Tannehill to Marino, it's not fair to Tannehill. Marino is the single most talented QB ever.

And IMO the term Franchise QB gets thrown around way too many times. There's 4 franchise QBs in thr NFL. Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Manning and maybe Big Ben. The term Franchise to me means irreplaceable. Almost all the QBs are replaceable with these 4 guys, easily.

Also to add to point 1, usually guys with a little amount of posts have zero intelligence, or they wouldn't post this stuff. Guys like TheWalrus, registerdguy. and other newer guys have large amounts of knowledge and post intelligent posts consistently The 2 smartest dudes IMO on this fourm, Awisi Dooger, and TedSlimmJr have a micro number of posts compared to others.

Madden is a fun game, I love playing it, with SALARY CAP OFF. LOL

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

9. -179
    Squirrel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southeastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't compare Tannehill to Marino, it's not fair to Tannehill. Marino is the single most talented QB ever.

And IMO the term Franchise QB gets thrown around way too many times. There's 4 franchise QBs in thr NFL. Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Manning and maybe Big Ben. The term Franchise to me means irreplaceable. Almost all the QBs are replaceable with these 4 guys, easily.

Also to add to point 1, usually guys with a little amount of posts have zero intelligence, or they wouldn't post this stuff. Guys like TheWalrus, registerdguy. and other newer guys have large amounts of knowledge and post intelligent posts consistently The 2 smartest dudes IMO on this fourm, Awisi Dooger, and TedSlimmJr have a micro number of posts compared to others.

Madden is a fun game, I love playing it, with SALARY CAP OFF. LOL[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You can't compare Marino and Tanny, and that's my issue with the Franchise QB label for Tanny. I also agree that the term "Franchise QB" is used too frequently on here.

Please note that I did not relate the number of posts to a poster's intelligence, but instead used the terms "football knowledge". Lurking on this board is also a learning exercise, as is often the case with myself, which is one of the reasons that I visit here frequently.

Madden must be fun, judging from the posts on here. Not disrespecting it, just never got into it. However, depending upon your interpretation, "Fantasy" football sounds like fun.
    Last edited by fleetwoodolfan; 01-26-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Sorry hit post reply too soon.
    Quote Quote  

10. -180
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    because the moderators only have opinoins of other mods, I have been on this site for 7 years and over 1880 posts and still only have 1 green tick mark and I had to ask for that one. LOL
    Quote Quote