Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FinHeaven Lurkers :: Get ITT

1. -61
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Quote Originally Posted by H4wt Pocket View Post
    I mainly lurk instead of post for a handful of reasons. These will probably sound stupid, but what the hell...

A lot of times, threads on here will already be several pages long by the time I first see them (I come around here once every 2-3 days). As a result, I feel like my post is less likely to be read if it's on page 6 or 7. So, instead of typing something out, I just say screw it and keep on lurking. Someone has probably already said something similar to what I was going to say anyway. Stupid reason, I know.

This next reason doesn't really apply now, but it did in the last few years. The last few seasons have turned me into quite a pessimist. I really began to dislike Tony and was all aboard the Suck for Luck bandwagon. There were already people on here who shared my opinion on this, so I didn't see any point in adding fuel to the fire. Instead of posting about why I was displeased with the organization and having my fanhood (for lack of a better word) questioned, I lurked instead (for the most part, I voiced my opinion of Tony, Ireland, and Ross a few times last year).

I also post a lot less during the offseason. I'll lurk to read about FA pickups and during draft time, but the bulk of my posting is during the season. I'd say half of all my posts have been in game day threads cheering for or yelling at (mostly yelling at unfortunately) our players and coaches.
    Your on page 6 and people are still reading..........
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    Your on page 6 and people are still reading..........
    I realize this and I knew someone would bring that up. That's just how I feel when I see a thread that's several pages long. Like I said, it's a stupid reason.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Been here since 2004 and the probably the biggest reason why I lurk and dont post is because every time I share my opinion it gets flamed on so i mostly come here for news and game threads.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where you at lurkers! lol
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Uruguayan fin lover

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H4wt Pocket View Post
    I realize this and I knew someone would bring that up. That's just how I feel when I see a thread that's several pages long. Like I said, it's a stupid reason.
    I don't think it's a stupid reason.
    Usually what i do, is going to the first page of the thread to start reading the first posts, maybe the second and rarely the third, and then go straight to the last page, if the thread has several more pages (unless it's a really really interesting thread).
    Normally what goes between pages 3-4 up to the last one, i don't read, but i think you get the idea of where the thread went from the first to the last page, so i would gess you don't miss much (im sure in some cases you do).
    However I don't think your idea is that wrong. I suppose everyone does this for time matters obviously.
    I post as much as i can, but i don't think much people notice one another, unless you start threads regularly, post opinions in the first page of a thread frequently or if you're a mod or admin. I have no problem with this anyway.
    The quarterbacks clap and Philbin rises. "I have to leave on a high note," he says, "like George Costanza."
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im too much of a homer to post!
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't post anymore because I still have brandon marshall on my sig.....
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Big Play Clay

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I post around the draft frequently enough as I feel that there's a much smaller chance of a flame war brewing in thanks to the huge variety of opinions out there at this time. During this dead period, I use the forum mostly as a news-condenser and obviously I thank those who provide the useful and interesting information, but I feel no need to post.

Then in the actual season, most of my discussion would happen with my friends (Bills fans and Jets fans alike) and by the time I get on the boards to express myself, my opinion has already been posted by someone else, so I just read and thank instead. That seems to be the main reason for lurkers not posting, judging by this thread anyway. Not sure there's an easy fix for that, other than to encourage people to throw their opinions out there regardless of what's been said already. But still, I hope to be more active this season, be it through pissed rants, cautious optimism or total homerism.. GO FINS! (and lurkers!)
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post
    I don't post anymore because I still have brandon marshall on my sig.....
    What kind of reason is this?

Change it to something else lol.

Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMcAwful View Post
    I post around the draft frequently enough as I feel that there's a much smaller chance of a flame war brewing in thanks to the huge variety of opinions out there at this time. During this dead period, I use the forum mostly as a news-condenser and obviously I thank those who provide the useful and interesting information, but I feel no need to post.

Then in the actual season, most of my discussion would happen with my friends (Bills fans and Jets fans alike) and by the time I get on the boards to express myself, my opinion has already been posted by someone else, so I just read and thank instead. That seems to be the main reason for lurkers not posting, judging by this thread anyway. Not sure there's an easy fix for that, other than to encourage people to throw their opinions out there regardless of what's been said already. But still, I hope to be more active this season, be it through pissed rants, cautious optimism or total homerism.. GO FINS! (and lurkers!)
    See, JakeMcAwful is a great name. Anyone with that kind of handle should definitely post more.

Reading too much of this nonsense that, "my opinion has already been posted so there's no reason to post."

Sillyness. Post your opinion anyway. Expound on YOUR opinion and generate more discussion.

This is a forum. If people didn't post because their opinion had already been posted by someone else, then every thread would be roughly three posts long.

You'd have the initial post, someone who agrees with the initial post and then someone who disagrees with the initial post and that's it.

Threads here at FinHeaven sometimes go for MONTHS. How is this possible if people are just posting the same opinions over and over?

Post more often, JakeMcAwful.

Quote Quote