Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: **Official 2013 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread**

1. -71
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Stedman Bailey would fit in our offense perfectly.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91
    I have no idea who we should draft, I have never watched a college game in my life. But I hope we use our first round and our highest second round pick on wide receivers. Then id like to see us try and replace Vonte Davis in the second round as well. After that I dont know, just fill what ever holes need filled, right guard perhaps.

Hopefully next years draft will bring improvement and the one after that could actually make us competitive.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: **Official 2013 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread**

Also a hypothetical question for you draft nerds, if Tannehill had stayed another year in Texas, played well and showed solid progression what pick would he have been in 2013?
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill couldn't stay another year because he was already a Senior. Secondly, he was better as a junior than he was as a senior.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing I notice watching most of these receivers is a tendancy for dropped passes. For some of 'em it isn't necessarily something new... but for some of 'em it is.

I see them all, including several that are probably a little off the radar of the general draft community and underrated prospects. The only one's I haven't seen any dropped passes from are Stedman Bailey and Aaron Dobson.

One of the most underrated defensive ends I've found is Western Kentucky's Quanterus Smith. This kid could start in the SEC.

He's 6'5", 250 pounds with incredible quickness... and he can bend. I watched him personally wreck Alabama's offensive line last Saturday for 3 sacks and 3 TFL's. I dug in to some of his 2011 film and watched him dominate Sun Belt competition week in and week out. Very talented and well coached kid that will likely find his way higher on my board than most.

Coach Taggert's squad has another very underrated linebacker that I already knew about. He's an underclassman and unlikely to come out this year although it's certainly possible by the name of Andrew Jackson. At 6'1", 255 pounds he moves, plays, and reacts a lot like a young Ray Lewis. In fact, he played at the same high school as Ray Lewis (Kathleen). Jackson had offers on the table from SEC schools.

It's no coincidence that this team plays everybody tough, and beat Kentucky yesterday. Despite some of the underrated talent they have, they're just so well coached....especially in the front 7.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Joe Fauria is a nightmare mismatch in the redzone. UCLA likes to use him in the slot or lined up at the "X" position to run some X-iso and get a mismatch on a cornerback. However, he has no clue when it comes to blocking out of a 3-point stance, and that's being generous. Tremendous weapon in the passing game.

Datone Jones is an absolute animal at DE for UCLA. Even got some time on offense and caught a touchdown pass Saturday vs. Houston.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Tannehill couldn't stay another year because he was already a Senior. Secondly, he was better as a junior than he was as a senior.
    I know thats why I said it was a hypothetical question. If he was in next years draft and had a solid year I would expect him to go a lot higher than eighth. I was just curious what people who under the draft a lot better thought.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shamarko Thomas is a kid that I've talked about since May as an underrated safety prospect. Ironically, he finally got his first career interception in man coverage against what is probably the most dynamic passing combination in the country... a Matt Barkley pass intended for Robert Woods down the seam vs. USC. Just an outstanding play by Thomas.

Neither Knile Davis, Marcus Lattimore, or Justin Hunter look 100% healthy at this point. I know what they look like completely healthy and they're just not there yet.... nor are they supposed to be this soon.
    Quote Quote