Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official 2013 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread**

1. -11
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Bacarri Rambo. Kevin Minter.

Discuss.
    Matt Elam. Potentially the best safety in the 2013 Draft if he came out.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Matt Elam. Potentially the best safety in the 2013 Draft if he came out.
    Where does Matt Elam project v. where we are projected to draft.

I know this is all a long ways away but it's always fun to speculate.

Matt Elam is a guy who will be high on everyone's board. Rambo is a guy you can get in the second or third round.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Where does Matt Elam project v. where we are projected to draft.

I know this is all a long ways away but it's always fun to speculate.

Matt Elam is a guy who will be high on everyone's board. Rambo is a guy you can get in the second or third round.
    I was under the impression Matt Elam was still under the radar...but maybe not.

Way too far away to say who will be available where, IMO.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Elam is going to get knocked for his height (between 5'10" and 5'11") right off the bat. He doesn't have the ball hawking ability of an Earl Thomas (who was also coached by Muschamp at Texas) at that size, so he's not going to make up for it there. However, I really like Elam. He's a hard worker, a good kid, has leadership qualities, and dedicated to film study. He's a very assignment sound safety. He's got good hips, evident by how Muschamp will use him in the slot in man coverage. Basically, I have him as a 2nd rounder at this point, and the 3rd underclassman safety behind Eric Reid and Nickoe Whitley.

Bacarri Rambo is a higher risk type of kid due to off field issues, but the ability is there. He's got 13 INT's in 3 years, and returned 3 of 'em for TD's.

Kevin Minter is probably the best of what's been a weak linebacking unit for LSU, but he never stands out when I watch him. I think he's a mediocre prospect right now, but still has 2 years ahead of him to produce. Probably will need both.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very possible that there could be two Florida State defensive ends in 2013 that I end up liking more than Brandon Jenkins. It's not that Jenkins is a bad player, I just question his ability to finish plays at the next level.

Bjoern Werner is top dog there, followed by Timmy Jernigan who won't even be eligible next year, but after that I do like Cornellius Carradine. So raw, not doing the right things at all, inconsistent off the snap, gets off balance, but he looks straight from central casting for a DE and he actually moves like one, more pure athleticism and quick twitch than Bjoern Werner.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK how about the topic I have asked about for the last three years:

Safety?

I see Walters top five consist of Tony Jefferson, Tyrann Mathieu, T.J McDonald, Eric Reid and Matt Elam.

Is it me or does this class seem thin at Safety like last years class? I'd be nice if Miami realized what a pro bowl safety would do for this D.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know if it's thin or what. I like Matt Elam a bunch. I think he'll surprise people with interceptions when he works on his hands a little better. He's got undisciplined hands and that gets him penalties as well as dropped interceptions, but there's an instinctive ball hawk hiding in him. I don't think there's any way to say T.J. McDonald is a BAD prospect, he's sudden and explosive, but you do need to see more from him. I like Kenny Vaccaro. I think Tyrann Mathieu probably does move to safety at the next level. Not all these guys will come out but that's not a bad start to the position.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watched a lot of Werner last year and definitely like the guy. I'd be just fine with him. Also like Amerson a lot out of NC State (especially if they let Smith walk, and probably even if they don't). Do like a couple of the hyped up receivers like Keenan Allen. I like Marcus Lattimore too (if he bounces back from his injury), but probably wouldn't draft him unless the Dolphins were picking in the late teens - early twenties.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you want the underrated guys then among my favorite seniors would be:

QB Brad Sorensen, Southern Utah (really I just have a thirst to see more of him)
    RB Dennis Johnson, Arkansas
    WR Aaron Mellette, Elon
    DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
    DE Malliciah Goodman, Clemson
    DE Cornellius Carradine, Florida State
    DT Cory Grissom, South Florida
    LB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    LB A.J. Klein, Iowa State
    LB Jake Knott, Iowa State
    LB Sam Barrington, South Florida
    LB Kenny Tate, Maryland
    CB Kayvon Webster, South Florida
    CB Terry Hawthorne, Illinois
    SS Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse
    FS Vaughn Telemaque, Miami (FL)

Kind of a sparing list at the moment, to tell you the truth.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't know if it's thin or what. I like Matt Elam a bunch. I think he'll surprise people with interceptions when he works on his hands a little better. He's got undisciplined hands and that gets him penalties as well as dropped interceptions, but there's an instinctive ball hawk hiding in him. I don't think there's any way to say T.J. McDonald is a BAD prospect, he's sudden and explosive, but you do need to see more from him. I like Kenny Vaccaro. I think Tyrann Mathieu probably does move to safety at the next level. Not all these guys will come out but that's not a bad start to the position.
    When I looked at the list over at Walter the size concerned me with Tony Jefferson, Tyrann Mathieu and Matt Elam. Even if they bulk up (which they will) you cannot add height.

I got to watch a bit of McDonald last season and he impressed but my college football watching time was hammered by travel overseas. I haven't watch nearly the amount I would like. I hope it changes this season and as of now only my September looks bad. That being said he still needs a solid second season to back up last years performance in order to stay ahead of the LSU and Bama guys, you know Reid and Lester are going to get big time opportunities playing for those D's.
    Quote Quote