Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guys like this make me wish I was a recruiter

1. -11
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Michigan is pursuiting him then he's the real deal.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well let me put it this way. Schuman's National Underclassmen (NUC) tested over 3100 high school juniors at their regional Combines this year alone. That 4.28 wasn't just an Atlanta record (I got that wrong), it was a NUC record...period. The previous fastest was Damiere Byrd of South Carolina who stands at 5'9" and 161 lbs, and rushed 10 times for 73 yards for the Gamecocks this year as a true frosh.

Now the record holder is Robert Davis. He set the record at a SouthEast Ultimate100 camp (name's a bit of a misnomer as 300 kids were invited). He won Fastest Man award as well as the Leadership Award.

Robert Davis, RB, Carrollwood Day, FL (2013)
    Testing: 5-7, 163, 4.29 40 (NUC Record), 31-inch vertical, 14x185-pounds
    Assets: Davis broke the NUC 40-yard dash record held by South Carolina receiver Damiere Byrd. Four stopwatches tracked his record breaking dash reading 4.30, 4.29, 4.29, and 4.28 as he crossed the finish line. But it's not just his speed that stood out his ability to change directions and catch the ball with his hands are superior to most backs. Davis has everything a college coach could want in an all-purpose back. On top of all the physical skills he possesses Davis is a leader and a high character student-athlete. He walked away from this camp with the Fastest Man Award and Leadership Award.
    Development: His ideal playing weight at the next level is probably 175-pounds. If he can add this muscle mass onto his already shredded physique it should help with yards after contact. It's hard to believe that his biggest offers at this point in time are Ball State, Bowling Green, FAU, FIU, and MTSU. I usually don't bandy around comparisons to Warrick Dunn but it fits in this case.
    Hate to make a big deal about him, but he is the fastest 16-17 year old NUC has ever tested, so...
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can all argue about whether Devon Wylie is the next (insert name here) but I think the next Devon Wylie would have to be Lance Lockridge of Montgomery County, KY.

Check out this kid's video...

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-r...ance-lockridge
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's another dude nobody knows about...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1230435/...ights/11483374

Holds an offer from Ohio Dominican (lmfao)
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These kids are awfully small to be BCS level recruits. The kid from Kentucky is 5-7 and 155 lbs. You'e looking at 5-7 180 or 185 lbs by the time he's a junior in college. Kids like that usually just have to walk on and earn their scholly. Hell, U of L has a freshman on the team that NEVER played a down of high school football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...lle/index.html

By the time that Linda Uhl took her son Griffin to football recruiting camps the summer before his senior year, she knew he possessed the talent to play in college. He had all the makings of a Division-I defensive lineman: size (6-1, 265 pounds), strength and speed.

Uhl was just missing one crucial thing: a high school football team.

Growing up in Memphis, Ind. (pop. 695), Uhl never played high school football. His tiny school of Henryville High (enrollment: 490) didn't have a program, and he gained most of his experience playing in a nearby community league, one that his parents helped run. Linda filmed the games, and Uhl's father, Jeff, called players who didn't show up. Griffin was forced to do things that most high schools players typically have done for them, from researching his own training methods to cooking his own meals.

Uhl dreamed of playing on Saturdays. But the odds were stacked staggeringly against him. According to the NCAA, of the 316,697 seniors that played high school football last year, just 6.1 percent will play at the next level.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz217Pv5hMO
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kid sounds like a perfect fit for Oregon or Boise State.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    These kids are awfully small to be BCS level recruits. The kid from Kentucky is 5-7 and 155 lbs. You'e looking at 5-7 180 or 185 lbs by the time he's a junior in college. Kids like that usually just have to walk on and earn their scholly. Hell, U of L has a freshman on the team that NEVER played a down of high school football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...lle/index.html
    Except the 5'7" and 163 lbs kid is literally the fastest (among tens of thousands) kid NUC has ever tested, and the other one I brought up had 4.4 speed with 40 inch jumping ability as a freaking 11th grader. Within two years both players would be at playing weights you see all the time in BCS programs.

As for the third guy I brought up Chris Lee, there's no size problem there whatsoever.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Except the 5'7" and 163 lbs kid is literally the fastest (among tens of thousands) kid NUC has ever tested, and the other one I brought up had 4.4 speed with 40 inch jumping ability as a freaking 11th grader. Within two years both players would be at playing weights you see all the time in BCS programs.

As for the third guy I brought up Chris Lee, there's no size problem there whatsoever.

My bad CK. Enjoy your HS sports.
    Last edited by WVDolphan; 07-20-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Who cares. Hes still a KID!!!!!!!! Let me know when he makes it to the league and actually does something. Or at least when he actually PERFORMS at a strong level in D1.

This is the problem these days. TOO MANY people are way too OBSESSED with these kids. They are too young to matter at this point. None of them have made an impact on anything. Yet people oogle over them and annoint them to be something before they have ever wiped their own ass. Its unreal. Its unhealthy is what it is.

You know, college football wouldnt make so much money if so many people didnt care way more than they should. If these programs didnt rake in so much money, Penn St never wouldve happened.

Its sick to watch HS games on ESPN now in basketball and football. Reports now on EVERY recruiting class. Bunch of BS. Most of the guys they rank as these top recruits never do ****. Point is, you simply dont know how good a player is until he becomes a GROWN MAN and starts playing against other grown men on a top level like division 1.

Stop sweating kids so much. Oh this team has the best recruiting class ever and this team and that team. How the hell does anyone know? There is such a huge difference in level of competition that these kids play against in HS that its hard to tell. But, most importantly, these kids are nowhere near developed mentally and physically. There is simply no way to say who will be a legit talent at the top level when they are 15 and 16 year old kids. They have a lot of growing up to do.

Every year every god damn team in the country has some report out saying their recruiting class is top 5 or top 10 or whatever. Who cares. Lets see them actually play against other D1 talent and then we will see for sure who had the best recruiting class. From the looks of it you could just say about 5 or 6 SEC teams had the best recruiting class each year.
    Park ain't gonna hold that one...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post

I understand that but when the kids put on their D-1 weight, are they still going to be that fast and shifty? That's what coaches have to decide. I'm guessing for every Noel Devine that makes an impact for a BCS level program there's probably a dozen other kids that end up in the lower levels.
    Quote Quote