Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Morphic Resonance

1. -1
    Soul Rebel
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    1972 Dolphins Logo

SNews4 Morphic Resonance

Ralph Abraham presenting an interesting theory on memory location.

Full Film linked below
    Spoiler 

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Right behind you..
    Golf Enthusiasts
Gift received at 04-14-2016, 08:30 PM from fishfanmiami
    Interesting, but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that theory. The way I interpret what he is saying is that we live in a world similar to the movie Avatar...that we are all somehow connected in consciousness with the planetary surroundings, plants, and animals..perhaps in a cosmic sense too.
    I tend to believe that some memory transfer happen at a DNA level, or during gestation....if at all.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Soul Rebel
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    First of all I'd like to make a correction, Rupert Sheldrake is actually the person talking. Ralph Abraham is also in this film, but he's a mathematician.

I feel some trepidation in discarding the theory for a few reasons, one of which is that Rupert does own a PH.D. in biochemistry from Cambridge University, another of which is because he's close friends with Terence McKenna, someone whom I consider somewhat of a personal guru throughout my life. Most importantly though is Carl Jung's work on the collective unconscious which I hold in high regard, which this seems to fall in line with.

Also I haven't seen Avatar, so I can't comment on that, but if there isn't memory transfer through DNA, then how would you explain instinctual behavior in animals and plants?
    Last edited by rob19; 07-20-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Right behind you..
    Golf Enthusiasts
Gift received at 04-14-2016, 08:30 PM from fishfanmiami
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    First of all I'd like to make a correction, Rupert Sheldrake is actually the person talking. Ralph Abraham is also in this film, but he's a mathematician.

I feel some trepidation in discarding the theory for a few reasons, one of which is that Rupert does own a PH.D. in biochemistry from Cambridge University, another of which is because he's close friends with Terence McKenna, someone whom I consider somewhat of a personal guru throughout my life. Most importantly though is Carl Jung's work on the collective unconscious which I hold in high regard, which this seems to fall in line with.

Also I haven't seen Avatar, so I can't comment on that, but if there isn't memory transfer through DNA, then how would you explain instinctual behavior in animals and plants?
    You should watch the movie. I thought it was very thought provoking.
    The person talking is obviously more qualified to present his theories. I am not debunking them. I just have a hard time accepting them. He might be right.
    Instincts and memory, probably to very small degree, could happen during gestation in a mechanical sense using DNA...and possibly RNA. RNA is a type of messenger, so it could be possible that instincts could be a message. I will research it and try to find a better answer.
    Quote Quote