Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at CO Dark Knight Rises Premiere

1. -31
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    First thing i did when i saw that was laugh.........then get very depressed.
    When I saw that seen in the theater that **** gave me the chills. It was the weird little ticks that Ledger used that made his Joker super scary.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    When I saw that seen in the theater that **** gave me the chills. It was the weird little ticks that Ledger used that made his Joker super scary.

Some say he won an oscar for that role only because he had died before the movie hit theaters. I totally disagree, he EARNED that Oscar. Such an amazing job he did as the Joker, and I bet if he was still alive, the Joker would be a big part of the 3rd movie.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is so sad that there are people out there who hate themselves and the world so much that they wish to inflict a great deal of pain on innocent, defenseless strangers just trying to enjoy a good time...

That is a scary scenario to imagine, but the truth is, even if anyone was armed in the crowd, the results would have been the same. This guy shot teargas into a dark theatre during a movie where many in the crowd might have thought it was a prank or stunt initially. After the realization came, it was too late. Tear gas + darkness + chaos all around would have made it very difficult to successfully shoot this guy, especially considering he had SWAT gear on.

I think the larger problem hear, other than the fact that these kind of solitary sociopaths are never identified and helped before it reaches this point, is that this loon was able to obtain all these weapons and gear legally at Bass Pro Shop and local gun store. Honestly, what business does a regular citizen have with full on SWAT gear and automatic rifles? That should have been a serious red flag for the people selling the guns.

I think all automatic weapons should be banned. That's not a matter of personal safety or leisure activity. People with assault rifles aren't looking to hunt animals or protect themselves... They are looking to kill mass quantities of people or show off, no other reason to have one. (unless you are a paranoid who believes you need to protect yourself from a government takeover, in which case, an assault rifle wouldn't help... you would need a tank in your backyard.)
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    It is so sad that there are people out there who hate themselves and the world so much that they wish to inflict a great deal of pain on innocent, defenseless strangers just trying to enjoy a good time...

That is a scary scenario to imagine, but the truth is, even if anyone was armed in the crowd, the results would have been the same. This guy shot teargas into a dark theatre during a movie where many in the crowd might have thought it was a prank or stunt initially. After the realization came, it was too late. Tear gas + darkness + chaos all around would have made it very difficult to successfully shoot this guy, especially considering he had SWAT gear on.

I think the larger problem hear, other than the fact that these kind of solitary sociopaths are never identified and helped before it reaches this point, is that this loon was able to obtain all these weapons and gear legally at Bass Pro Shop and local gun store. Honestly, what business does a regular citizen have with full on SWAT gear and automatic rifles? That should have been a serious red flag for the people selling the guns.

I think all automatic weapons should be banned. That's not a matter of personal safety or leisure activity. People with assault rifles aren't looking to hunt animals or protect themselves... They are looking to kill mass quantities of people or show off, no other reason to have one. (unless you are a paranoid who believes you need to protect yourself from a government takeover, in which case, an assault rifle wouldn't help... you would need a tank in your backyard.)
    I can agree with you. Automatic weapons are for war, and for nothing else.

The devil's advocate would then ask, where does it stop? If the government bans automatic weapons, are semi-automatic next? And then if so, why would anyone anything more powerful than a .22? It's a dangerous precedent to set because lines blur pretty quickly. When things are black and white, there is no room for interpretation and no misunderstandings. When you create that gray area, like banning a certain gun but not others, then it gets murky and things get complicated.

Personally, I think the constitution was misinterpreted and I think the second amendment was meant to never outlaw a militia, not grant every citizen a gun. However, the widely accepted interpretation is anyone can own weapons. As such, we have to uphold that and let all weapons be legal, regardless of the occasional lunatic that pops up. And trust me, it pains me to say that. I personally don't think there is any reason for anyone to own anything besides a rifle for hunting and maybe a small handgun for self-defense. It's not my place to push my ideology on others though...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Some say he won an oscar for that role only because he had died before the movie hit theaters. I totally disagree, he EARNED that Oscar. Such an amazing job he did as the Joker, and I bet if he was still alive, the Joker would be a big part of the 3rd movie.
    Your damn right he earned it. The only other superhero or villain that was remotely close to playing a character as good as Heath did was Robert Downey Jr playing Tony Stark. But even as good as Jr's performance was with Stark it was no Ledger playing the Joker, what an out-****ing-standing performance in that movie.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    8/31/14 Never Forget

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I can agree with you. Automatic weapons are for war, and for nothing else.

The devil's advocate would then ask, where does it stop? If the government bans automatic weapons, are semi-automatic next? And then if so, why would anyone anything more powerful than a .22? It's a dangerous precedent to set because lines blur pretty quickly. When things are black and white, there is no room for interpretation and no misunderstandings. When you create that gray area, like banning a certain gun but not others, then it gets murky and things get complicated.

Personally, I think the constitution was misinterpreted and I think the second amendment was meant to never outlaw a militia, not grant every citizen a gun. However, the widely accepted interpretation is anyone can own weapons. As such, we have to uphold that and let all weapons be legal, regardless of the occasional lunatic that pops up. And trust me, it pains me to say that. I personally don't think there is any reason for anyone to own anything besides a rifle for hunting and maybe a small handgun for self-defense. It's not my place to push my ideology on others though...
    Probably not the right thread for this heavy a discussion, so ill keep this post brief and tinged with humor.

We, as citizens, are allowed to drink beer and use tobacco but it is illegal to smoke weed(HOLD ON ROB! I never said its a good or bad thing just thats its illegal, please dont blow me up with paragraphs and youtube!). There are easily ways to regulate weapons. Its not like we can have biological weapons laying around our household. Why? Because they would be a danger to everyone around us. Sounds like the logic behind banning assualt rifles to me. As you acknowledged, automatic weapons are for war. I would add that automatic weapons are for criminal actions as well. Neither of which we want on American soil.
    Ban weapons that have no logical reason for use of personal protection or hunting. Ban magazines(ammo holder, not sports illustrated) that carry an absurd number of rounds(the weapon used in the Gifford shooting had a 33 bullet magazine, if i recall correctly).

The world isnt black and white. Its not "if you ban one, you have to ban them all". We have the ability to regulate what people buy in this country. Hell, we already do in many areas, weapons included.

As for the 2nd amendment, didnt the Supreme Court rule in 2008 that it meant individuals had the rights outside of militia use? District of Columbia v. Heller? Even then it took until 2010 to clean up that interpretation. So, technically if not in practice, weve only had that right for a few years now.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MARYLAND
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One crazy person out of millions and everyone wants to take away a constitutional right..... some ppl are just sad how they react
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    8/31/14 Never Forget

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post

Dont quote me on this, but apparently alot of those "ticks" came from Ledger. His tongue darting out, his mouth constantly moving around, were supposedly developed by Ledger as he was getting used to the make-up. He and Nolan talked it out and agreed it was suitably creepy.

As for Nublar, found a description of an article concerning the original plot for the third film, but the article has since been removed. Personally, i suspect that Ledger's death was the reason why it took 4 years to pop out this new movie, as they had to go back and rewrite the script almost from scratch. Apparently David Goyer was a screenwriter attached to the series.

Writer David Goyer talks about possible sequels and says (spoilers ahead), "The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and [Harvey] Dent [aka Two-Face] in bringing down the Joker... but not killing him, which is a mistake they made in the first one." The article then says that "In the third, the Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process."
    http://m.superherohype.com/features/...-batman-begins

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MDphinfan02 View Post
    One crazy person out of millions and everyone wants to take away a constitutional right..... some ppl are just sad how they react
    .............And theres the black and white view. That didnt take long.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post

Completely false statement there. Don't lump law abiding citizens who use and respect firearms into this ****ing nut cases bucket. There is no way to determine a persons metal state of mind, look at Junior Seau everyone around him said he seemed happy and perfectly fine, difference is Seau only took his own life. Automatic weapons are banned, it takes a federal license to own or sell them and this weapon was semi auto.

The tear gas and high capacity drum mags, I agree with you on, there is no need for the average citizen to own those but truth be told you could dp just as much damage with a 10 shot mag loaded rife of any caliber. It would take less than 2 minutes to discharge 10 - 10 shot clips.

People have been killing people long before assault weapons became available to the general public, what the problem is and always will be are the mentally unstable, you cannot and will not ever be able to identify and help all of them.

I have a lot of friends will kinds of different firearms including myself, my dad and my son. None of us view them as a "who's got the bigger dick" or "let's all go out and play Rambo". I hunt, I fish and I enjoy my right to bear arms as well as my right to free speech (as this message board will attest) and never have though about using any weapon to take a life. Once you cross that line you are beyond reason, once a person decides to take a life without provocation they are going to use any and all means necessary to accomplish their task, the only thing you can hope for is to stop them before they succeed.

As I said in two or three other threads about similar things, violent crime is near an all time low in the US. It is lower than it has been in over 40 years, how can you tell me that gun control and regulation is the problem?
    Quote Quote