Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at CO Dark Knight Rises Premiere

1. -51
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn man, this poor state can't catch a break. We've had a pretty ****ty summer with the fires here where I live and now this. The radio hosts on 104.3 where that girl worked all sounded completely devastated today.

As for banning guns, we didn't ban planes after 9/11. We didn't ban roofing nails, gasoline, and fertilizer after Oklahoma City. This was a single lunatic who wanted to go on a rampage and likely would have carried it out by any means necessary.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dumb people gonna do dumb things with or without guns.

LOL @ Anyone who thinks that gun control will prevent future shootings. It's about the same as speed limit signs. I still do 10-15MPH over. Bad people will still get guns and do bad things.

How about we work on some dumb control.

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

I think we should all have a doomsday machine. Problem solved.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even after many, many years of being on the internet, every once in awhile I'll see a stupid post that'll take my breath away. Just when I think I've seen the highest level of stupidity, somebody will raise the bar. I saw this post on another board and thought I'd share it with you. I think everybody should see this special level of idiocy.

People in the USA are blessed to live in a country that gives them the opportunity to arm themselves to protect themselves and their families. But for some reason these people did not take advantage of that opportunity, and their recklessness and arrogance cost them their lives and the lives of their loved ones. This is a tragedy that could have easily been avoided if the victims had taken the proper preventative measures, but they didn't and that was their choice and no one else's.
    There you have it folks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Arm View Post
    Even after many, many years of being on the internet, every once in awhile I'll see a stupid post that'll take my breath away. Just when I think I've seen the highest level of stupidity, somebody will raise the bar. I saw this post on another board and thought I'd share it with you. I think everybody should see this special level of idiocy.

There you have it folks.
    nothing like blaming the victims for being victims. I don't think many of us ever see a need to bring a gun into a movie theatre.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Damn man, this poor state can't catch a break. We've had a pretty ****ty summer with the fires here where I live and now this. The radio hosts on 104.3 where that girl worked all sounded completely devastated today.

As for banning guns, we didn't ban planes after 9/11. We didn't ban roofing nails, gasoline, and fertilizer after Oklahoma City. This was a single lunatic who wanted to go on a rampage and likely would have carried it out by any means necessary.
    idk have they done any studies of the atmosphere on the brain in Colorado?

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MDphinfan02 View Post
    Take away the guns criminals will use knives then ban knives criminals will use sticks.... no one is saying denver is a ccw state yet the movie theater has a no gun policy... criminals/crazies/terrorists target unarmed citizens
    you're very close to the truth. take away guns and criminals will still use guns.

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Completely false statement there. Don't lump law abiding citizens who use and respect firearms into this ****ing nut cases bucket. There is no way to determine a persons metal state of mind, look at Junior Seau everyone around him said he seemed happy and perfectly fine, difference is Seau only took his own life. Automatic weapons are banned, it takes a federal license to own or sell them and this weapon was semi auto.

The tear gas and high capacity drum mags, I agree with you on, there is no need for the average citizen to own those but truth be told you could dp just as much damage with a 10 shot mag loaded rife of any caliber. It would take less than 2 minutes to discharge 10 - 10 shot clips.

People have been killing people long before assault weapons became available to the general public, what the problem is and always will be are the mentally unstable, you cannot and will not ever be able to identify and help all of them.

I have a lot of friends will kinds of different firearms including myself, my dad and my son. None of us view them as a "who's got the bigger dick" or "let's all go out and play Rambo". I hunt, I fish and I enjoy my right to bear arms as well as my right to free speech (as this message board will attest) and never have though about using any weapon to take a life. Once you cross that line you are beyond reason, once a person decides to take a life without provocation they are going to use any and all means necessary to accomplish their task, the only thing you can hope for is to stop them before they succeed.

As I said in two or three other threads about similar things, violent crime is near an all time low in the US. It is lower than it has been in over 40 years, how can you tell me that gun control and regulation is the problem?
    If you can offer a valid reason why an ordinary citizen might own an assault rifle, please post it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Just saw the Dark Knight Rises, best movie of the year by far. I thought the Avengers was great, but this was epic.

Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Just saw the Dark Knight Rises, best movie of the year by far. I thought the Avengers was great, but this was epic.
    No offense Nub, but this isn't the thread for impressions of the movie.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, it's pretty obvious from this whole incident that the guy was pretty batty.
    Quote Quote