Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at CO Dark Knight Rises Premiere

1. -61
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    If you can offer a valid reason why an ordinary citizen might own an assault rifle, please post it.
    If you can offer a valid reason why anyone should own a samurai sword, please post it.

I see where youre coming from with the assault rifle thing. I dont own one and highly doubt I ever will. I just dont see where making it illegal will change anything except ruining some fun that a law abiding citizen might have out in the woods or something. Hand guns are illegal in the Bahamas. I know a number of people that own them and a good percentage of them arent even particularly bright. They really arent that hard to get if you really want one. Hell, I can probably go to the Nassau Guardian's site right now and find an article about somebody getting shot to death, most likely via hand gun.

End of the day, criminals dont give a **** about the law. They will find a way to do what they do. Even if that kid couldnt get an assault rifle for whatever reason, you really think he wouldnt have killed a bunch of people? If anyone is so inclined they can freely waltz into a crowded place with a glock and a **** ton of clips and kill 12 people. Nutjobs gonna nutjob and there nothing we can do about it except hope we arent the ones with ****ty enough luck to be caught in it. All a law does in these cases is add one more charge onto a mass murderers rap sheet. Yay?

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    No offense Nub, but this isn't the thread for impressions of the movie.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    No offense to you Distrurbed but even you talked about the movie series itself in regards to Heath Ledger and his character. In a thread that ranges from the constitution, 9/11, driving over the speed limit, Heath Ledger, George Carlin, cats dressed like the joker, I am a little offended you called out my post and no other ones. This is a message board, not Fox News or CNN.

Quote Quote  

3. -63

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Just saw the Dark Knight Rises, best movie of the year by far. I thought the Avengers was great, but this was epic.
    Glad to see youre still with us.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm just glad it wasn't an Arab or something that did it. We'd be bombarded by "ZOMG sleeper cells!1!!!" over and over then hear from the NRA how we need to round them all up and put them into camps for "their own protection". Now we're just subjected to mind-numbing claims about how the liberals are coming to take our guns away.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Glad to see youre still with us.
    Yes, I was not going to have an isolated incident of one nut job alter the way I live my life. Yesterday there was some talk on CNN and Fox News that Warner Brothers should pull the movie from the theaters out of respect. I know they canceled the Paris premiere and I get that. You don't want to have a big red carpet event with media, cast and crew after a tragedy like this. But the fact that people are avoiding theaters across the country this weekend and you have people calling for the film to be pulled show how ridiculous some overact to situations. It seems that for some the main story is not enough and they want to just create more and add to it. Did I think of the victims and feel sad for them when I went to the movies today? Yes I did, it is a very shocking and disturbing event. Was I looking over my shoulder and worrying that the person next to me might shoot up the place? Heck no, you can't live in fear or isolate yourself because of something that happened almost 2,000 miles away.

People who want to see the movie shouldn't be afraid or change their plans of seeing the movie this weekend. The guy is in jail, it is horrible for the victims and their families, but you are not disrespecting them or in danger if you go to see it this weekend. I shouldn't be embarrassed or afraid to talk about the movie itself because it might offend someone. If it offends you, grow up and stop looking for things to complain about. There are more important things going on with this situation than whether the movie is still playing in the other 4,000+ theaters in the country.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, I was not going to have an isolated incident of one nut job alter the way I live my life. Yesterday there was some talk on CNN and Fox News that Warner Brothers should pull the movie from the theaters out of respect. I know they canceled the Paris premiere and I get that. You don't want to have a big red carpet event with media, cast and crew after a tragedy like this. But the fact that people are avoiding theaters across the country this weekend and you have people calling for the film to be pulled show how ridiculous some overact to situations. It seems that for some the main story is not enough and they want to just create more and add to it. Did I think of the victims and feel sad for them when I went to the movies today? Yes I did, it is a very shocking and disturbing event. Was I looking over my shoulder and worrying that the person next to me might shoot up the place? Heck no, you can't live in fear or isolate yourself because of something that happened almost 2,000 miles away.

People who want to see the movie shouldn't be afraid or change their plans of seeing the movie this weekend. The guy is in jail, it is horrible for the victims and their families, but you are not disrespecting them or in danger if you go to see it this weekend. I shouldn't be embarrassed or afraid to talk about the movie itself because it might offend someone. If it offends you, grow up and stop looking for things to complain about. There are more important things going on with this situation than whether the movie is still playing in the other 4,000+ theaters in the country.
    Very well said.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I shouldn't be embarrassed or afraid to talk about the movie itself because it might offend someone. If it offends you, grow up and stop looking for things to complain about. There are more important things going on with this situation than whether the movie is still playing in the other 4,000+ theaters in the country.
    Not sure if its directed at me, but Im not offended at all

Just making a crappy "OMGZ!! Nubs didnt get shot!!11!" joke.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Not sure if its directed at me, but Im not offended at all

Just making a crappy "OMGZ!! Nubs didnt get shot!!11!" joke.
    Just to be clear Tyler, wasn't directed at you at all. Also rereading it, I hope Disturbed doesn't think it was directed to him either. Wasn't directed to anyone in this thread or on this forum. My little rant was more about the way people act in general. I just roll my eyes when I see news reports on the CNN, Fox News, etc. about how Warner Brothers should pull the movie completely out of the theater. There are many stories in the news and over the years where people just love to dig into it and make it worse than what it really is. I know in the end it sells more newspapers and gets more people's attention on TV. Also gets people talking. But take the Tannehill negotiations for example. PFT pumps out a story with "sources" that Miami wants offset language in the contract and so far is holding firm. Even says that Tannehill might hold out. A situation that come the start of training camp might not even be a situation at all. Yet now people are yelling at the Dolphins, saying Ireland and/or Aponte should be fired. Speculating whether this means the team thinks he is a bust or have completely written him off in the QB competition. Things get overexerted every day and it is annoying.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just to be clear Tyler, wasn't directed at you at all. Also rereading it, I hope Disturbed doesn't think it was directed to him either. Wasn't directed to anyone in this thread or on this forum. My little rant was more about the way people act in general. I just roll my eyes when I see news reports on the CNN, Fox News, etc. about how Warner Brothers should pull the movie completely out of the theater. There are many stories in the news and over the years where people just love to dig into it and make it worse than what it really is. I know in the end it sells more newspapers and gets more people's attention on TV. Also gets people talking. But take the Tannehill negotiations for example. PFT pumps out a story with "sources" that Miami wants offset language in the contract and so far is holding firm. Even says that Tannehill might hold out. A situation that come the start of training camp might not even be a situation at all. Yet now people are yelling at the Dolphins, saying Ireland and/or Aponte should be fired. Speculating whether this means the team thinks he is a bust or have completely written him off in the QB competition. Things get overexerted every day and it is annoying.
    Wow. Nail on the head here. Way too many people overreact about dumb things anymore.

Some crazy guy, who is bat**** crazy mind you, goes in a crowded theatre and shoots 12 people. Instead of just accepting the fact that yes, the guy is nucking futs, people go "OH MY GOD!!! Get rid of big guns!! People are going to use them to shoot people!", when most people should realize that gun control or not, if you're crazy enough, nothings going to stop you from meeting your end goal, other than a bullet to the back of the brain, or locked up in an asylum for years and years.

It's pretty much the same with Penn State. Was it ****ed up what happened there? Absolutely. But to advocate ending the football program there for the rest of time just because one guy was a Pederast and his buddies covered it up? Everyone who was involved in that scandal is either dead or in jail, so why punish the kids on that team now? It's just another overreaction to everything.

After 9/11? We got the Patriot Act and a war without end.

It's the same with some of the **** you saw this offseason. I didn't like that we traded Brandon Marshall, and I admit, I was on the ledge for a few days, but I eventually realized there was nothing that was going to change it, so I moved on from it.

You can't control crazy people. That's why they're considered "crazy". There are signs with people you can watch for, but nothing's going to stop it. Not an assault rifle ban, not a bunch of profiling. There's too many people in this country to keep track of, and some of them are going to fall through the cracks. The best thing anyone can do is go out and live their lives and just be sort of vigilant and always be prepared for when **** hits the fan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Wow. Nail on the head here. Way too many people overreact about dumb things anymore.

Some crazy guy, who is bat**** crazy mind you, goes in a crowded theatre and shoots 12 people. Instead of just accepting the fact that yes, the guy is nucking futs, people go "OH MY GOD!!! Get rid of big guns!! People are going to use them to shoot people!", when most people should realize that gun control or not, if you're crazy enough, nothings going to stop you from meeting your end goal, other than a bullet to the back of the brain, or locked up in an asylum for years and years.

It's pretty much the same with Penn State. Was it ****ed up what happened there? Absolutely. But to advocate ending the football program there for the rest of time just because one guy was a Pederast and his buddies covered it up? Everyone who was involved in that scandal is either dead or in jail, so why punish the kids on that team now? It's just another overreaction to everything.

After 9/11? We got the Patriot Act and a war without end.

It's the same with some of the **** you saw this offseason. I didn't like that we traded Brandon Marshall, and I admit, I was on the ledge for a few days, but I eventually realized there was nothing that was going to change it, so I moved on from it.

You can't control crazy people. That's why they're considered "crazy". There are signs with people you can watch for, but nothing's going to stop it. Not an assault rifle ban, not a bunch of profiling. There's too many people in this country to keep track of, and some of them are going to fall through the cracks. The best thing anyone can do is go out and live their lives and just be sort of vigilant and always be prepared for when **** hits the fan.
    Warner Brothers didn't pull the Dark Knight Rises out of the theaters!!!!! OUTRAGE! They don't care about the victims! The Bugs Bunny Statue on the Warner Brothers lot must come down!

Quote Quote