Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at CO Dark Knight Rises Premiere

1. -71
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    No offense to you Distrurbed but even you talked about the movie series itself in regards to Heath Ledger and his character. In a thread that ranges from the constitution, 9/11, driving over the speed limit, Heath Ledger, George Carlin, cats dressed like the joker, I am a little offended you called out my post and no other ones. This is a message board, not Fox News or CNN.
    True. But the shooter also said he was The Joker. It was also a comparison of how Ledger's Joker came off as very disturbing in the way that he made your skin crawl with his acting, my fault for not making that clear. And the fact that the shooter rigged his home with explosives is very true to the character of The Joker. While he is commenting a crime at point A he has another plan over at point B. His mistake was telling the cops about it.

I do offer my apologies for calling you out. It just seemed more out of place to me than the other posts, that is all. Hell this entire thread seems like it belongs more in the political forum than in the lounge.

Also do I agree with everything else that you posted after what I quoted. I myself will go see the movie as soon as I have some money, he'll be would have been at a midnight showing I would have had the money.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So he's even acting like the Joker while in jail, spitting on guards and other things. What if he's got this whole thing planned out, and there's even more to come? This guy's allegedly a genius in science, so who knows what **** is up his sleeve. People better be on the lookout around Aurora.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Warner Brothers didn't pull the Dark Knight Rises out of the theaters!!!!! OUTRAGE! They don't care about the victims! The Bugs Bunny Statue on the Warner Brothers lot must come down!

Slightly apples and oranges. Warner bros. didnt supply this lunatic with all the weapons and other materials he needed, show him the layout of the theatre and how to pull it off, then whisk him off and hide him from authorities. All they did was supply the ****ty movie and sell it to nimrods who find that kind of thing entertaining. Seriously, a rich dude who dresses in a rubber bat suit and fights crime. GET REAL. If youre over 12 years old and find that type of thing entertaining...... well.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Slightly apples and oranges. Warner bros. didnt supply this lunatic with all the weapons and other materials he needed, show him the layout of the theatre and how to pull it off, then whisk him off and hide him from authorities. All they did was supply the ****ty movie and sell it to nimrods who find that kind of thing entertaining. Seriously, a rich dude who dresses in a rubber bat suit and fights crime. GET REAL. If youre over 12 years old and find that type of thing entertaining...... well.
    Then I am a nerd. And proud of it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why is it that every time something like this happens the first question that gets brought up is "Was he on drugs?" "Bath salts?!?!?" What ever happened to crazy?

Quote Quote  

6. -76
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    It was a joke buddy. If you read my posts you will know I find it ridiculous that people are targeting Warner Brothers and making stupid demands. It seems to me you haven't seen the new movie or probably even the past two films, the movies a great.

Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If anything Warner Brothers should donate a portion of the movies earnings to the effected families. At least the ones that lost someone that night. But saying the movie should be yanked, as already stated, is just stupid.

Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    If anything Warner Brothers should donate a portion of the movies earnings to the effected families. At least the ones that lost someone that night. But saying the movie should be yanked, as already stated, is just stupid.

Crazy gonna crazy. Im surprised people are even discussing pulling the movie(anywhere i mean, not on this forum). People couldnt blame Jodie Foster when John Hinckley shot Reagan.

Warner Bros did the classy thing and stopped the red carpet event. Personally, i wouldnt have blamed them if they had decided to keep it, but pulling it sent the message that they werent going to be spiking the football while people are recovering from gunshot wounds. The actors and directors have spoken about it and expressed their condolences. Anyone expecting Warner to do more is expecting to much. Enough has been done.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    If you can offer a valid reason why anyone should own a samurai sword, please post it.

I see where youre coming from with the assault rifle thing. I dont own one and highly doubt I ever will. I just dont see where making it illegal will change anything except ruining some fun that a law abiding citizen might have out in the woods or something. Hand guns are illegal in the Bahamas. I know a number of people that own them and a good percentage of them arent even particularly bright. They really arent that hard to get if you really want one. Hell, I can probably go to the Nassau Guardian's site right now and find an article about somebody getting shot to death, most likely via hand gun.

End of the day, criminals dont give a **** about the law. They will find a way to do what they do. Even if that kid couldnt get an assault rifle for whatever reason, you really think he wouldnt have killed a bunch of people? If anyone is so inclined they can freely waltz into a crowded place with a glock and a **** ton of clips and kill 12 people. Nutjobs gonna nutjob and there nothing we can do about it except hope we arent the ones with ****ty enough luck to be caught in it. All a law does in these cases is add one more charge onto a mass murderers rap sheet. Yay?
    A samurai sword isn't even in the same ballpark as an assault rifle. Any joe shcmoe couldn't go on a killing spree with a sword.

There is no hobbyist activity that involves using an assault rifle, unless you get off on firepower.

I can't speak for every case, but for this particular case, I don't think James Holmes would have been able to purchase an assault rifle off the black market. For one, it would likely have been out of his price range considering he was a broke college student. Its amazing he was able to afford 8k worth of weapons and ammo, but on the black market, that would have been considerably more, and in CASH, not credit. He probably couldn't have bought 8k of weapons without credit either.

Additionally, this kind of guy probably isn't one that would be good with dealing with thugs and gangbangers. You think a 24 white kid with red hair is going to go walk into a ghetto to make illegal gun purchases? Maybe, but likely not.

The thing is, we shouldn't make it so EASY for psychopaths to acquire weapons of mass murder.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    A samurai sword isn't even in the same ballpark as an assault rifle. Any joe shcmoe couldn't go on a killing spree with a sword.

There is no hobbyist activity that involves using an assault rifle, unless you get off on firepower.

I can't speak for every case, but for this particular case, I don't think James Holmes would have been able to purchase an assault rifle off the black market. For one, it would likely have been out of his price range considering he was a broke college student. Its amazing he was able to afford 8k worth of weapons and ammo, but on the black market, that would have been considerably more, and in CASH, not credit. He probably couldn't have bought 8k of weapons without credit either.

Additionally, this kind of guy probably isn't one that would be good with dealing with thugs and gangbangers. You think a 24 white kid with red hair is going to go walk into a ghetto to make illegal gun purchases? Maybe, but likely not.

The thing is, we shouldn't make it so EASY for psychopaths to acquire weapons of mass murder.
    Some people do just get off on firepower...thats why tons of people own those guns and so few go off and kill random people.

IMO, it still comes back to this...if assault rifles were illegal, who really thinks it would have mad a big difference there? Either he would have just brought a ton of clips for his handgun or busted out a shotgun or made a bomb or something. Crazy is as crazy does.

Also, youre making black market transactions sound harder than they really are. Im white with blonde hair and blue eyes and I can get my hands on damn near anything I want bad enough. I dont have a ton of money,but if Im planning to shoot up a bunch of people, money is no object. I dont really need it anymore. Its not hard to come up with a good chunk of money when you dont have to worry about paying the bills anymore.

Quote Quote