Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at CO Dark Knight Rises Premiere

1. -81
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Why is it that every time something like this happens the first question that gets brought up is "Was he on drugs?" "Bath salts?!?!?" What ever happened to crazy?

It's either that or he's got to be affiliated with some political group. People aren't crazy, c'mon guys, everyone knows they're either influenced by marijuana, crack, violent TV and video games, or they're brainwashed by Occupy or the Tea Party.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Having explosives is banned I believe, at least the ones the Joker had in his faux batcave. Didn't seem to stop him from building any.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On a side note, I saw this movie last night and it's pretty damn good.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Some people do just get off on firepower...thats why tons of people own those guns and so few go off and kill random people.

IMO, it still comes back to this...if assault rifles were illegal, who really thinks it would have mad a big difference there? Either he would have just brought a ton of clips for his handgun or busted out a shotgun or made a bomb or something. Crazy is as crazy does.

Also, youre making black market transactions sound harder than they really are. Im white with blonde hair and blue eyes and I can get my hands on damn near anything I want bad enough. I dont have a ton of money,but if Im planning to shoot up a bunch of people, money is no object. I dont really need it anymore. Its not hard to come up with a good chunk of money when you dont have to worry about paying the bills anymore.
    He had clips with 100 rounds in them. It he was forced to fire a slower weapon with less ammo per clip, then not as many people would have been hurt. When tragedy is unavoidable, the best we can do is limit the damage.

And bombs are illegal in America. He did make some and wired his entire apartment with them. Should we legalize explosive devices just because criminals can get their hands on them anyway?
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    And bombs are illegal in America. He did make some and wired his entire apartment with them. Should we legalize explosive devices just because criminals can get their hands on them anyway?
    It honestly probably doesnt matter either way as far as safety. And people collect guns. They shoot them for fun. I dont. I dont get the appeal, but some people enjoy it. Im not gonna say that assault rifles have to be banned because it might save a few people a year. I guess thats where our difference of opinion really lies. A few lives might be saved, but IMO its not worth the price of giving some freedom and it sets a bad precedent that whenever something bad happens, we need to ban something.

Quote Quote  

6. -86
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    A samurai sword isn't even in the same ballpark as an assault rifle. Any joe shcmoe couldn't go on a killing spree with a sword.

There is no hobbyist activity that involves using an assault rifle, unless you get off on firepower.

I can't speak for every case, but for this particular case, I don't think James Holmes would have been able to purchase an assault rifle off the black market. For one, it would likely have been out of his price range considering he was a broke college student. Its amazing he was able to afford 8k worth of weapons and ammo, but on the black market, that would have been considerably more, and in CASH, not credit. He probably couldn't have bought 8k of weapons without credit either.

Additionally, this kind of guy probably isn't one that would be good with dealing with thugs and gangbangers. You think a 24 white kid with red hair is going to go walk into a ghetto to make illegal gun purchases? Maybe, but likely not.

The thing is, we shouldn't make it so EASY for psychopaths to acquire weapons of mass murder.
    Then he would of used a handgun or shotgun, which wouldn't of made any difference whatsoever. Guess we should ban those too.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He had clips with 100 rounds in them. It he was forced to fire a slower weapon with less ammo per clip, then not as many people would have been hurt. When tragedy is unavoidable, the best we can do is limit the damage.

So because one crazy person uses an assault rifle for mass murder, we should ban the thousands that have them legally and don't use them for mass murder. Seems legit. Banning high capacity magazine is one thing, banning the weapons is liberal lunacy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks

It sounds like he made his bomb out of common household chemicals and a few other assorted things. I put the fault on this not on the weapons themselves, but people for not realizing there were more than a few red flags popping up all over.

If people were more vigilant and paid attention to stuff instead of being afraid of every little thing that goes bump in the night and cowering away, we'd have less of these things. Some guy mails away for some devices and it's pretty clear he's not a contractor or someone who'd need those sorts of things, you'd think that someone would go "Hey, wait a minute...", but no, they just send it right on its merry way.

Blame guns and assault weapons all you want, but they're just inanimate objects. If a person is going to use something to kill a bunch of people, especially a demented and mad genius like this guy supposedly was, they're going to have more than a few options to move forward with their plans in case one option doesn't work. You can't control against crazy people. You can take everything away from someone, but if they have a homicidal streak, there's nothing that can be done to stop it, short of giving them a post-birth abortion.

I don't own any assault rifles, but I know people that do, and by and large, even though they have crazy conspiracy thoughts, they're not really a danger to anybody else. If you can own a gun responsibly, there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to have one. Taking guns away from people as an overreaction to an isolated incident is not the way things should precede. It would be like banning all Chinese made toys because a kid chokes on one of them.

**** happens. The solution isn't more laws and regulations, the solution is to be vigilant and if something doesn't add up, figure out a way to handle it, and if you can't handle it, then find someone else who can assist you.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i wish this was the way it was, then people may think again before carrying out there plan.

it would not eliminate violence fully because there are many sick people out their who don't care, but it may reduce crime rate if people knew that they would die the exact same way they carried out their act.
    Violence will never been eliminated. Killing him though would guarantee he'd never hurt anyone again and that's all I care about right now.

Quote Quote  

10. -90
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Violence will never been eliminated. Killing him though would guarantee he'd never hurt anyone again and that's all I care about right now.
    And he's certainly not worth the the huge amounts of taxpayer dollars that it will cost to keep his ass behind bars for the rest of his life.
    Quote Quote