Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ---Official Golf Thread----

1. -11
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I need to get my ass on the course more. I haven't played nearly enough this year, I buddy of mine told me a cool story Monday that happened here on a local course.

His father and his sister were golfing with him, his sister wanted to learn more about golf. She took a job as a manager slightly below the executive level some place and need to learn and become more versed in golf. So my bud and his father took her out to explain the terminology and stuff, she had played in the past but only a few times. Anyway she left early for her class reunion and left her dad and bother to the course. My buddy says we come to a par 3 at hole 14, dad tees up the ball and hits a beauty. It bounces twice and my buddy looks over and says, holy ****in' **** did that just do what I think it did? Sure as **** a two bouncer into the hole for a hole in one. Another golfer walking down the 13th saw it and singed the card as a witness.

So that leads me to this question, who out there has hit the holy grail of shots the hole in one?

Anyone ever hit a hole in one or played in a group who has? Closest I ever came was rolling a ball past the stick about two feet but I am pretty sure it lipped or hit the stick, it was coming in pretty hot. The closes one in one shot I have ever seen came from a good friend of mine who is not even a boogie golfer, ****er hit a beauty of shot at a state course and it hit about 3 feet past the hole and spun back to within 1/2" of dropping. It was close enough we thought it would drop but it never did lol.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    My buddy played golf with me for his first time about 2 years ago, on the 3rd hole he hit a pw about 2 inches away from a hole in 1. I've played with him 6 ish times since than and I've never seen him hit the green. Lucky 1st time
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Well I need to get my ass on the course more. I haven't played nearly enough this year, I buddy of mine told me a cool story Monday that happened here on a local course.

His father and his sister were golfing with him, his sister wanted to learn more about golf. She took a job as a manager slightly below the executive level some place and need to learn and become more versed in golf. So my bud and his father took her out to explain the terminology and stuff, she had played in the past but only a few times. Anyway she left early for her class reunion and left her dad and bother to the course. My buddy says we come to a par 3 at hole 14, dad tees up the ball and hits a beauty. It bounces twice and my buddy looks over and says, holy ****in' **** did that just do what I think it did? Sure as **** a two bouncer into the hole for a hole in one. Another golfer walking down the 13th saw it and singed the card as a witness.

So that leads me to this question, who out there has hit the holy grail of shots the hole in one?

Anyone ever hit a hole in one or played in a group who has? Closest I ever came was rolling a ball past the stick about two feet but I am pretty sure it lipped or hit the stick, it was coming in pretty hot. The closes one in one shot I have ever seen came from a good friend of mine who is not even a boogie golfer, ****er hit a beauty of shot at a state course and it hit about 3 feet past the hole and spun back to within 1/2" of dropping. It was close enough we thought it would drop but it never did lol.
    The closest I've ever gotten was about 12 or 13 inches and that was many years ago when I was in college and played a lot more than I do now.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know I think it's pretty stupid that golf isn't an Olympic sport. I mean if beach volleyball is in the Olympics, then why isn't one of the most internationally played sport in golf also in the Olympics?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    You da man!!!!!

Get in the hole!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    You know I think it's pretty stupid that golf isn't an Olympic sport. I mean if beach volleyball is in the Olympics, then why isn't one of the most internationally played sport in golf also in the Olympics?
    I agree completely, maybe it has something to do with the amount of time and size that it takes to layout a golf course and the fact that some countries would be hard pressed to get quality playing time on a course. Size constrained countries charge an ass load to play the courses, in Japan it is almost $200 backs a round and up to play 18.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree completely, maybe it has something to do with the amount of time and size that it takes to layout a golf course and the fact that some countries would be hard pressed to get quality playing time on a course. Size constrained countries charge an ass load to play the courses, in Japan it is almost $200 backs a round and up to play 18.
    Yeah but it can be done, arrangements could be made for the Olympics. Think of this Olympics, the golf could be played on any one of the courses in Scotland. Buenos Aires has like 6 years to prepare for their Olympics. They could easily take an existing course and turn it into an Olympic caliber test in that amount of time.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah but it can be done, arrangements could be made for the Olympics. Think of this Olympics, the golf could be played on any one of the courses in Scotland. Buenos Aires has like 6 years to prepare for their Olympics. They could easily take an existing course and turn it into an Olympic caliber test in that amount of time.
    Could actually be used as a excuse to promote golf around the world and get more countries involved.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Could actually be used as a excuse to promote golf around the world and get more countries involved.
    Apparently golf will be in the 2016 games in Rio.

http://www.olympic.org/news/rio-2016...century/156712
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently golf will be in the 2016 games in Rio.

http://www.olympic.org/news/rio-2016...century/156712

This actually makes me happy. Thanks for the link Lou!
    Quote Quote