Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 272829303132

Thread: ---Official Golf Thread----

1. -311
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I use my 3 hybrid quite often.. I love it!
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

2. -312
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Well it happened today.. Sick of spraying my driver everywhere, I put it away in the back 9, and used my 3 wood off the tee instead.. Shot one of my best 9 holes ever! Think I may leave the driver in the trunk for awhile, til I figure what the heck I'm doing wrong, and stick with the 3.. Hell, I'm only losing 30 yards at most, most times less. I can live with that right?
    Quote Quote  

3. -313
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Driver is back out and in the bag and going well.. Phew!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -314
    Grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

DolphinDolphinDolphin
    My theory is golf clubs have personalities. Putting your driver away let him (or her) know they can be easily replace if they fail to perform properly. Not wanting that to happen your driver was on it's best behavior this time out
    I just finish 9 myself. Was playing lights out until i hit one in the lake and then three putted two of the last three holes

Quote Quote  

5. -315
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Caesar Creek Lake, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Haven't played in almost 2 weeks. But my brother and I did some chipping the other night when I got back from Virginia. Amazing how you take time off and you seem to do better. I was putting some chips real close to my pin. It has been raining here for almost 2 weeks so you have to squeeze a round in between the storms
    Quote Quote  

6. -316
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Caesar Creek Lake, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bubba was on his game yesterday. Great finish after the bogie on 17. I had to laugh my ass off when he played the second hole. His drive went into the right rough and a tree was in between him and the pin. A spectator could be heard on TV feed saying "your going to have to hit a low 4 iron". Bubba responded to the spectator by telling him that is why he is on that side of the rope and Bubba is on the other side. Bubba drilled a PW to within 6 ft of the hole right over the tree. Then he was looking for the spectator after the shot. He birdied the hole. Not only good but he puts on a great show for fans.
    Quote Quote  

7. -317
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Caesar Creek Lake, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Back on the course for league play tonight for the first time in 2 weeks. Hit a perfect drive on first hole and followed up with straight hybrid up near the green on long par 4. Then I couldn't chip worth a damn and walked off with an 8. Ouch. Played the last 8 holes 6 over par including 3 straight pars on par saves (1 putts) from 5, 6 and 7 feet. Ended up with a 46 and was happy after poor start. Two of the other players chipped in on different holes during the round. The first came to save par from 20 yards. The other was a thing of beauty. After blowing an easy par 3 tee shot from 150 he had a tricky chip from 35 yards over a trap. Landed it perfectly on the green and it started to break toward the hole. It rolled up and dropped in for a birdie. Its is always nice to see those type of shots whether it is you hitting them or someone else in your group. like they say its not how you start but how you finish.
    Quote Quote  

8. -318
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Caesar Creek Lake, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The game of golf can be amazing sometimes. Today was one of those days for me. It wasn't that I had some amazing round. It was about the range of emotions that I encountered during the day and growing from them. The day started for me with a argument with my wife and a long day at work being somewhat depressed because of the conflict. Golf wasn't in my plans but near the end of the day an opening in one of the other company leagues came up and I jumped on it figuring it might cheer me up. When I get to the course my partner was mia so I had to play against 2 opponents with my one score. This particular league is anal about their scoring and rules. I'm just out to have some fun and drink some beer. But I have to admit when I do sub in this league I want to beat my handicap and help which ever team I am subbing for win. On the first hole I was reminded why I play in a league that plays for fun. My second shot bounced into a sand trap that was flooded with water. The league commissioner (who I was playing against) said that I had to move the ball back behind the water and hit from a downhill rock hard sand surface despite the fact that my shot would have provided me an easy uphill sand shot if there was proper drainage. I told him the trap was unplayable but he said they play from them in their league. It took me 2 shots to get out and then drilled a 15 ft putt to save double bogie. I picked up my ball and went to the next tee without even watching them finish. I was back to being as pissed as in the morning talking to my wife. Pro's don't play out of traps like that so I don't understand why they think they should. We were all good on the next tee I told them i was good but that I would just avoid the traps and their stupid rules. I channeled my anger into good golf shots and took the lead mid round. karma bit them in the ass as one of my opponents found water logged traps 3 times during the round and I avoided them. What I witnessed on the final holes was not what I expected. I had a almost perfect chip from the front of green that rolled up and stopped 4 inches short of birdie. My opponent gave me the putt but no congrats on incredible shot. I sensed they were pissed that I was beating them. Then on the 8th hole I hit a shot 10 ft past the pin. I read the putt perfectly and barely tapped a downhill breaker. It rolled down right on the side of cup and dropped in from side at the last second. I let out a howl. Nothing from my opponents. That is the first time I have birdied a hole and not gotten a fist bump from everyone in the group. These guys were so into the fact they were losing they couldn't enjoy a seeing a well played hole. And I have worked with both for years. People can be strange. I ended up beating them in the match.Tackling my negative emotions from the day and using golf to make a positive out of the day is the way this day went down for me. And I saw how not to be by watching my opponents. And I got a birdie.
    Quote Quote