Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: ---Official Golf Thread----

1. -551
    Dolphins on 3!
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Golf Enthusiasts
Gift received at 04-12-2016, 11:56 PM from fishfanmiami
    Got up to Mid 50's here today and tomorrow too! Up here in NH tho, courses are closed for the winter!
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

2. -552
    Grip it and rip it
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Golf EnthusiastsGolf EnthusiastsGolf Enthusiasts
    Hang in there Danny. Only a few more months. I played today and the courses here are not in good shape with all the rain. Played by myself which actually was nice and since I knew the score keeper personally I got some favorable calls

Rest in peace brother bigbry

Quote Quote  

3. -553
    Grip it and rip it
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Got back out for 9 holes this afternoon. The first 6 holes were meh. Only one par but it off set the double I had on the second hole. Finished par , birdie (on a 20 foot putt from off the green) , par for a 41 and salvaged a decent 9 holes. Just starting to play well when darkness set in.
    It's funny when I play with my buddy AG. Neither of us play with glasses on but i'm a little near sighted so he sometimes has to tell me where the flag is at. He on the other hand is far sighted and has trouble even reading the score card but working together we are 20/20
    Quote Quote  

4. -554
    Dolphins on 3!
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Golf Enthusiasts
Gift received at 04-12-2016, 11:56 PM from fishfanmiami
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins512 View Post
    Had my best round in about a year on Saturday, shot a 77, which was the first time I broke 80 since last December.

I'm loving these new Mizunno irons.....
    I've had mizunno irons for years.. Loved em. Last summer tho, I bought new Taylormades. Wanted to try graphite shafts.. I love those too now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -555
    Grip it and rip it
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Quote Quote  

6. -556
    My Friends Call Me Bob
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Golf EnthusiastsDeVante Parker's 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny68 View Post
    I've had mizunno irons for years.. Loved em. Last summer tho, I bought new Taylormades. Wanted to try graphite shafts.. I love those too now.
    I've tried graphite shafts....twice, and switched back each time. Frankly, while I need the extra distance they provide, I just couldn't get used to the different feel.

Taylormade makes an excellent golf club! Glad your enjoying them....
    Quote Quote  

7. -557
    My Friends Call Me Bob
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Golf EnthusiastsDeVante Parker's 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Got back out for 9 holes this afternoon. The first 6 holes were meh. Only one par but it off set the double I had on the second hole. Finished par , birdie (on a 20 foot putt from off the green) , par for a 41 and salvaged a decent 9 holes. Just starting to play well when darkness set in.
    It's funny when I play with my buddy AG. Neither of us play with glasses on but i'm a little near sighted so he sometimes has to tell me where the flag is at. He on the other hand is far sighted and has trouble even reading the score card but working together we are 20/20
    LOL....sounds like you have the perfect golf buddy.....and perfect vision between the two of you.

I just invested in one of those range finders. It's a bushnell (medallist I believe) model and while I always have seen other people using them......I still pace off my distances like the dinosaur that I am. Anyway, just point and click and I have the exact yardage. First time out with it I thought it was a POS because it was way off on every shot. Once I figured out I had it set to meters instead of yards, it worked like a charm.
    Quote Quote  

8. -558
    Grip it and rip it
    WPA:
    vCash:
    So my friend AG invited me to go on a golfing trip to Chattanooga next weekend. His daughter lives there so it will be nice to see her and her new hubby again but I googled the course he got tee times at and here's what I found.

First to Review

Wide open course with a few challenging holes. Mostly elevated greens which roll fairly true. The course gets played a lot and shows its wear and tear throughout the summer. They do offer a free round on your birthday which is nice. Be prepared for the smell of ass flowing through the winds as it sits next to a sewage treatment plant. Hints the nickname ****bend. Average round costs 38 to ride 18.

Go to the aerial view on this google map of the place

https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?q=h...en&FORM=HDRSC4

Needless to say we are looking for a different course

This is a guys only trip so I'll report back on the titie bars and such
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 02-15-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -559
    FinHeaven Elite
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Right behind you..
    Thanks for the invite. I am the market for some new clubs. Any suggestions? There is a shop in town that analyzes your swing and it determines the shaft length, etc.
    I will likely go there to get outfitted.
    I have been using old used clubs for the last 20 years. I still can play 88-95 on a good day, but I tend to use only 3 or 4 clubs in my game. A lot of dead wood 175-225 yard tee offs.
    I usually play it safe and hit good shots, and try for birdies. Hopefully the newer clubs will get me longer drives to get me into the 80's.
    Quote Quote  

10. -560
    Grip it and rip it
    WPA:
    vCash:
    I would go there and write down what they say about the length and such and then go on E bay and buy a good set of used clubs for under $250.
    Custom clubs from any golf shop are usually very expensive and if they don't work you wont feel so bad tossing the cheap one's in a lake somewhere
    Quote Quote