Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat Tax

1. -11
    Love my kids, 420 and foosball

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as far as i know right now, "raw" food is tax free (milk, bread, veggies, etc). it's the "processed" food that's taxed, pop tarts, frozen dinners, etc. just examples, not by any means an all inclusive list.

with a fairtax, there is no income tax taken out of your paycheck, so there'd be more to spend, for you. as far as people coming to the us to buy goods, they'd help support our country by paying taxes at the point of sale. i mean they pay the sales tax now, so another percentage of the price, isn't too much to ask, i don't think.

and when you start thinking of all the illegal money, let's just start with your basic drug dealer, the guy buying the lexus or escalade when he has no job. he's paying no taxes currently, because, let's face it, he's not reporting his income. he buys that car, and he pays his percentage. same with the politician taking kickbacks. he buys that trip for him and his girlfriend to monaco to gamble, he's paying his share, etc.

it seems to work for me. i guess i just live in a dream world, huh? but it seems more than anything, the system we have in place now, isn't working, let's try something different! we can always go back if it doesn't work. i know you can't get the genie back in the bottle once it's released, but to keep doing the same thing expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

the main part that nobody wants to listen to though, is the people's cry to government to quit spending (wasting) so much friggin' money with wars, etc.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A flat tax rate can not work in the US - period. The income levels from State to State are too different. 20% Flat Tax in Florida means a lot more hardship than in New York. It also would widen the income gap and social boundaries at this point. I am not supporting the IRS in any way, shape or form nor the current tax code but the fascination with the flat rate tax is literally born out of simple discontent for the sake of discontent.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I prefer the FairTax, but a flat tax system would be much better than the current tax code we have. The IRS must be destroyed.
    Quote Quote