Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paterno statue coming down

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You will never see the death penalty again. The source reported the sanctions are so severe that the death penalty may be easier to recover from. We'll find out tomorrow.
    Wow. Haven't heard this. All of the things I read related to possible punishments on Twitter said that they would get harsh treatment but not the death penalty.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    There is no way they get the Death Penalty.

College football is now all about making millions and millions. No way does the Big 10 allow one of their prized money makers go down without a fight. Losing Penn State is incredibly bad for the Big 10 conference. Michigan, Ohio State...all of them need Penn State. At the end of the season when it comes time to select the four to play for a title, Michigan and Ohio State don't want a committee looking over their watered down schedule and taking the one-loss SEC school.

The Death Penalty was so long ago. Anytime a program gets in trouble it's so much fun to just toss that phrase out there. It's not practical punishment in this day and age. The NCAA is not out to execute programs anymore. It happened one time to one program who at the time was already on probation AND keeping books. Even at Miami and Penn State, two programs who currently aren't on probation, things are still hidden. There are some things that happened at Penn State that we'll never know about. But damn near everything was discovered at SMU because they ran their renegade program like a legitimate business.

Id be stunned if the NCAA handed Penn State the death penalty.
    Agree with everything you said, but just wanted to point out that even then the NCAA didnt want to use the death penalty. They kept threatening, they kept throwing on violations, and SMU kept laughing in their face. It took years before they had the balls to finally kill SMU.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys want to see delusional...go read the free boards over on Penn State's Rivals site.

Penn State has been viewed as one of the cleanest programs in college football history. Then a coach butt****s some little boys and Joe Paterno helps with the cover up and all of a sudden ESPN is out to get them and there's a witch hunt lol. Really? A witch hunt? Little boys were raped in the showers and there's a witch hunt?

I love how ESPN is blamed for everything when people can't take responsibility for their own actions.

http://bwi.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=890&fid=36&style=2
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, everyone involved is already being punished legally or dead. I dont think they really deserve much more than a bowl ban and some scholarship losses

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys want to see delusional...go read the free boards over on Penn State's Rivals site.

Penn State has been viewed as one of the cleanest programs in college football history. Then a coach butt****s some little boys and Joe Paterno helps with the cover up and all of a sudden ESPN is out to get them and there's a witch hunt lol. Really? A witch hunt? Little boys were raped in the showers and there's a witch hunt?

I love how ESPN is blamed for everything when people can't take responsibility for their own actions.

http://bwi.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=890&fid=36&style=2
    Over on TMB, the vast majority of PSU fans have actually turned on Paterno and are glad to see the statue down.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Honestly, everyone involved is already being punished legally or dead. I dont think they really deserve much more than a bowl ban and some scholarship losses
    My thoughts too.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Over on TMB, the vast majority of PSU fans have actually turned on Paterno and are glad to see the statue down.
    Well that's because the Mainboard only allows the greatest collection of sports fans to post...like myself.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fi...id=890&style=2

Wow. This one is mind numbing. These Paterno supporters are so lost its ridiculous.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Scout boards have the high majority of PSU fans seeing Paterno for what he is and are accepting the impending punishment. Always a few idiots in denial

I am with Tyler. Schollies and bowl games is appropriate and all revenues earned for X amount of years goes to the victims and support groups for victims of pedophiles.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't think these people really hate Paterno. I think they hate themselves. They hate themselves because their schools
    never had the courage, the will, the ethics or the honor to hold themselves to
    the standards to which Joe Paterno held Penn State.
    Joe Paterno was more than just a football
    coach or even a man. He was an ideal,
    and he held himself and Penn State to that ideal. That other schools and coaches didn't has
    always driven their fans into jealous fits of rage.
    Quote Quote