Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suspect Bought Large Stockpile of Rounds Online

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Wait periods prevent the spur of the momment murders and keep honest people honest. Criminals? they don't bother with wait periods.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

yeah again I have to go with the responsible people are responsible. want a full auto AK? sure why not. be trained in gun safety, clean criminal record, and get a license to own one.
    For the most part I agree. At the same time spur of the moment murders happen all the time without guns involved. For me I'm cool with the states deciding this issue. Personally I don't think it's necessary a background check is good enough especially with technology nowadays.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    gun murders also happen everyday, 9,369 last year; 25 a day. Again I think we'll have to agree to disagree, in my opinion it's only a small inconvenience.
    And I bet you that the overwhelming majority of those are from criminals not following any gun laws. I feel you man I would only support the states making this decision though that's all I'm saying.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    For the most part I agree. At the same time spur of the moment murders happen all the time without guns involved. For me I'm cool with the states deciding this issue. Personally I don't think it's necessary a background check is good enough especially with technology nowadays.
    those type of spur of the momment murders, I would say the perp doesn't care if they get thier hands dirty or not. (knifes, bats, suffication etc) often they only care after the fact and try to cover it up.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by regency View Post
    so an unemployeed student bought $200,000 worth of ammo, vests, guns, and bomb making material?? yeah sure i'll buy that. so obama is going to sign that UN smalls arms treaty in 2 days right??
    In what universe does an AR-15, a glock and a shotgun cost 200k? Ammo is relatively cheap as well and Im sure a vest doesnt cost 197k.

But nevermind that. Bar yourself inside because the gov'ment is coming to get you.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lost in this whole killing/gun debate is the fact that most deaths caused by guns are suicide. The argument behind the suicide is take away the guns and people will think about it longer and perhaps not kill themselves, well jumping off a bridge is pretty damn easy and there are a lot of those kicking around, I love how the anti-gun people like to tell you what other people will not do.

Just like the kid who shot up the theater in Colorado, no one "knows" what someone else will or will not do, it is called "free will" for a reason. You have the freedom to impose your will, you will never take that aspect of humanity away. It has been tried throughout time and people just will not stand to be limited.

Freedom includes the good and the bad it always will, over 6000 deaths and half a million injuries are estimated to be caused by distracted electronic related automobile incidents. No one is up in arms to remove the Ipods, Cell Phones, Radio etc...from automobiles. 1 death per 10,000 Americans is caused by Automobiles, compared to guns that is huge, in 2010 there were 8,775 murderers with guns or .27 deaths per 10,000 Americans yeah if you include suicide that rate will climb to about 1 death per 10,000 Americas but again how do you count self inflicted violence against death rate?

The bottom line is, was and always will be the help which is administered to the people who need the help. You will never be able to determine who needs help if they don't come asking or give you clues to let you in on their sickness. The writeup I will post below might be the most sensible thing I have read on the Internet in quite along time on gun violence, this piece by Michael Moore is spot on;

Since Cain went nuts and whacked Abel, there have always been those humans who, for one reason or another, go temporarily or permanently insane and commit unspeakable acts of violence. There was the Roman Emperor Tiberius, who during the first century A.D. enjoyed throwing victims off a cliff on the Mediterranean island of Capri. Gilles de Rais, a French knight and ally of Joan of Arc during the middle ages, went cuckoo-for-Cocoa Puffs one day and ended up murdering hundreds of children. Just a few decades later Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration for Dracula, was killing people in Transylvania in numberless horrifying ways.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...b_1700218.html
    I have said over and over again, the guns are not the problem people our society is the problem, our core issues are what drive us to hate crimes and violence. Our desires to be the best, needs and wants all play into the society that lends itself to social problems. We have focused on being so inclusive that we have lost what made this country great, the differences of its people. It is OK to say Merry Christmas to a Jewish person if you are Christan, just let the Jewish person say Happy Hanukkah back, exchange a handshake of good tidings and be civilized people who wish good to each other but share different beliefs. Take some time to learn about Muslim practices and holidays so they can feel included into our culture, hell there isn't a religion in the US that seems to be shunned more than Muslim but I don't see anyone, from our countries leaders down, trying to change that. We built this country on the practice of immigration, Italian, Polish, German, English, Irish, Scottish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Turkish, Indy, and the huge huge influence of all the African Nations, it is a melting pot of culture and there is frankly no other place on Earth like the US.

I have traveled all over the world, been to many places, seen many things and I love my country for its good and its bad. The strength was, is and always will be its people so maybe if we tried to fix the social issues amongst its people the rest would fall into place and we would need to assign blame to cover our social problems.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Freedom includes the good and the bad it always will, over 6000 deaths and half a million injuries are estimated to be caused by distracted electronic related automobile incidents. No one is up in arms to remove the Ipods, Cell Phones, Radio etc...from automobiles. 1 death per 10,000 Americans is caused by Automobiles, compared to guns that is huge, in 2010 there were 8,775 murderers with guns or .27 deaths per 10,000 Americans yeah if you include suicide that rate will climb to about 1 death per 10,000 Americas but again how do you count self inflicted violence against death rate?
    Overall good post. But just wanted to say that texting while driving is now "banned"(against the law in many places) and someone who got into an accident, and ended up killing someone, while texting and driving ended up getting a fairly long prison sentence.
    Dont think you were refering to texting specifically, but just wanted to add that some things we were able to do are now being limited.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Overall good post. But just wanted to say that texting while driving is now "banned"(against the law in many places) and someone who got into an accident, and ended up killing someone, while texting and driving ended up getting a fairly long prison sentence.
    Dont think you were refering to texting specifically, but just wanted to add that some things we were able to do are now being limited.
    Texting is banned as well as talking but you are still allowed to have phones in Automobiles. So the problems is only a finger tip away and you presume that people will follow a law, kinda like jaywalking the fastest way between A and B is a straight line, not the crosswalk two blocks down. The same logic holds true with phones and driving, "oh it will only take a second, nothing bad will happen".

Laws don't educate people around the "issue", laws only restrict public freedom. Laws are why this country took to arms for its freedom in the first place. Law is a restriction based on need, need is opened ended based upon opinion and opinion is open to interpretation depending on your perspective.

Laws are never the answer given the choice between education and legislation.
    Quote Quote