Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Williams Foundation has a new, controversial connection

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow, its a cult because they believe that we can heal ourselves more than physically. this is mainstream thinking right here, full of fear and stupidity.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing I could never understand about people in religion (the religious), is they do more persuading rather than educating people about their religion. Religion isn't a popularity contest nor is it some sort of military.

I just hope Ricky is doing this the right way. People overrate his intelligence just because he has a different mind than others.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    High Times? At least I thought that when I read the opening statement. Oh well, both are magic cures
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The only times I have seen a business criticized for having connections to Christian groups is when said groups are trying to take rights away from people that have nothing to do with religious belief, as in, gay marriage, which has nothing to do with the Christian practice of marriage, but rather, with the legal definition of marriage. Otherwise, Christian groups are never criticized.

Heck, you can't even run for public office without adhering to some popular religious belief. Every US president has been Christian, and unless Romney wins, will continue to be. It will still be a long time coming before a non-Christian becomes President.
    ROMNEY's a Christian. MORMONS, in case you missed it, follow one Mr. J CHRIST. Don't be blind to this, people. I don't really know why MORMONISM is so criticized. What about the Baptist/Fundamentalist groups? Why are there Black Baptist Churches and White Baptist Churches? That seems blatently hypocritical, if not racist...NOT very Christ-like at all.

"Jesus Christ 101" teaches that "if you have 2 coats and your neighbor has none, give him one of yours". No mention is made as to where the coats were made. Apparently, "made in China" would NOT give JESUS CHRIST fits. And it seems from the writings that HE didn't wear "designer Jeans". GOD bless and keep RICKY. In fact, may he bless and keep us all.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    ROMNEY's a Christian. MORMONS, in case you missed it, follow one Mr. J CHRIST. Don't be blind to this, people. I don't really know why MORMONISM is so criticized. What about the Baptist/Fundamentalist groups? Why are there Black Baptist Churches and White Baptist Churches? That seems blatently hypocritical, if not racist...NOT very Christ-like at all.

"Jesus Christ 101" teaches that "if you have 2 coats and your neighbor has none, give him one of yours". No mention is made as to where the coats were made. Apparently, "made in China" would NOT give JESUS CHRIST fits. And it seems from the writings that HE didn't wear "designer Jeans". GOD bless and keep RICKY. In fact, may he bless and keep us all.
    I wasn't criticizing Mormonism, but Mormons are not Christians. Christians don't view Mormons as Christians, and neither do Mormons. They may have some theology in common, but there are much greater theological differences between Mormonism and Christianity than the different denominations that makeup Christianity. Islam is based off the Judeo-Christian concept of God, and also views Jesus as a prophet, yet you can't say that Islam and Christianity are the same. The same is true of Mormonism and Christianity.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wasn't criticizing Mormonism, but Mormons are not Christians. Christians don't view Mormons as Christians, and neither do Mormons. They may have some theology in common, but there are much greater theological differences between Mormonism and Christianity than the different denominations that makeup Christianity. Islam is based off the Judeo-Christian concept of God, and also views Jesus as a prophet, yet you can't say that Islam and Christianity are the same. The same is true of Mormonism and Christianity.
    Yeah Mormons believe some guy John Smith was the last prophet of mankind> That Mr. Smith wrote the Mormon bible off some golden plates that the angels took with them back to heaven.. You can have more than one wife and your kid has to wear a white dress shirt and bicycle till he is 21.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You seem to resent Christians other than your own denomination. MORMONS believe in JESUS CHRIST. And THAT, my friend, is THAT. Just because YOU don't agree w/them doesn't make YOU anything special. And the fact that your church may have different rules/ideas/interpretations than their church doesn't means squat. For all we know, they're right, and we aren't.

The self-righteous have a special place reserved for them...in HELL. Do me a favor, fellow DOLFAN: don't go there. Be careful...and leave HELL for the JETS fans, w/their snot-green JETS sweatshirts.

P.S.: Your comparison to ISLAM is absurd. ISLAM does NOT view CHRIST as the Messiah/Son of God, etc.. So, again, THAT is THAT.
    Last edited by luduporcu; 07-25-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Built2Win View Post
    Yeah Mormons believe some guy John Smith was the last prophet of mankind> That Mr. Smith wrote the Mormon bible off some golden plates that the angels took with them back to heaven.. You can have more than one wife and your kid has to wear a white dress shirt and bicycle till he is 21.
    And from what I gather, BAPTISTS and PRESBYTERIANS, for example, don't drink, right? The AMISH don't beileve in science, including medical science, don't have any electricity, and drive around in Horse & Carriage. SO WHAT?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Science acknowledges that humans utilize about 10% of what their brains are capable of. The human mind is the most complex and misunderstood entity in the known universe- How are your memories stored? Electrical impulse? How exactly are they recorded and cataloged? Beats the hell out of me. But Ricky Williams is easily one of the most intelligent Dolphins players that I've ever come across, the most well spoken, and he seems genuinely like a good guy. I wish people would leave him alone and focus on the significant amount of good that he did in south Florida. He's trying to help people, and none of us has any idea about the details of his methodology and if it's sound or not. Just as Wayne Dyer couldn't be sure when he went to Brazil to have the controversial John the Healer treat his Leukemia, we just don't know for sure So for me it's simple: Ricky, best of luck to you, wish you were still with the Dolphins, you get the benefit of the doubt in my book. Hats off to you for trying to maximize your life and help others to do the same- Run, Ricky run.
    Actually science acknowledges the exact opposite.

I'm unable to post links due to low post count. Just google 10 percent brain myth or something like that. Theres a Scientific American article about it, I'm prett sure, in addition to many other links.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotoners! View Post
    Actually science acknowledges the exact opposite.

I'm unable to post links due to low post count. Just google 10 percent brain myth or something like that. Theres a Scientific American article about it, I'm prett sure, in addition to many other links.
    Her's the article:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...rcent-of-brain

Seriously, whatever- if 90% of brain capacity is used (who really knows?) then there's 10% left to be discovered. This isn't a scientific research paper I'm writing here, I'm just trying to make a point- the human mind isn't fully understood, and I'm willing to give Ricky Williams the benefit of the doubt in terms of his medical approaches and what he's trying to accomplish.
    Quote Quote