Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Williams Foundation has a new, controversial connection

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Her's the article:

Seriously, whatever- if 90% of brain capacity is used (who really knows?) then there's 10% left to be discovered. This isn't a scientific research paper I'm writing here, I'm just trying to make a point- the human mind isn't fully understood, and I'm willing to give Ricky Williams the benefit of the doubt in terms of his medical approaches and what he's trying to accomplish.
    I understand that, however, there is no part of the human brain that is left unused. 100% of our brain is active almost 100% of the time actually. However, obviously there are still mysteries remaining in regards to the human brain. This just isn't one of them. It's a myth that's constantly perpetuated by pop culture. More on topic, I'm a Ricky fan and enjoy his views. I just don't like the idea of kids possibly being indoctrinated into something like that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just skimmed this thread and

I implore the Mods to SEND THIS THREAD TO THE DEPTHS!! ALREADY!!!!

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotoners! View Post
    I understand that, however, there is no part of the human brain that is left unused. 100% of our brain is active almost 100% of the time actually. However, obviously there are still mysteries remaining in regards to the human brain. This just isn't one of them. It's a myth that's constantly perpetuated by pop culture. More on topic, I'm a Ricky fan and enjoy his views. I just don't like the idea of kids possibly being indoctrinated into something like that.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    You seem to resent Christians other than your own denomination. MORMONS believe in JESUS CHRIST. And THAT, my friend, is THAT. Just because YOU don't agree w/them doesn't make YOU anything special. And the fact that your church may have different rules/ideas/interpretations than their church doesn't means squat. For all we know, they're right, and we aren't.

The self-righteous have a special place reserved for them...in HELL. Do me a favor, fellow DOLFAN: don't go there. Be careful...and leave HELL for the JETS fans, w/their snot-green JETS sweatshirts.

P.S.: Your comparison to ISLAM is absurd. ISLAM does NOT view CHRIST as the Messiah/Son of God, etc.. So, again, THAT is THAT.
    Umm, dude, I'm not Christian. I am just telling you the facts here. Mormons are not Christians. There are too many theological differences between Mormonism and Christianity to make that case. On the whole, Christians have an uneasy view of Mormons because of many of the liberties they have taken with Christian scripture.

My Great Grandmother was converted to Mormonism later in life. Honestly, I have nothing against Mormons. Most Mormons I have met have been absurdly nice people. Their beliefs are no more wacky than traditional Christian beliefs IMO.

Not sure how you inferred all this into my previous posts, but at no point did I ever talk down Mormons. I was just saying that Romney would be the first non-Christian president, which would be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its typical new age/holistic training. its pretty typical and elements of it span across cultures. world-centric orientation rather than cult. props ricky.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should probably just continue to shove pills and death over the counter. Screw alternative ways of healing /sarcasm

Which brings me to my next statement - Legalize it - atleast for medical use.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Umm, dude, I'm not Christian. I am just telling you the facts here. Mormons are not Christians. There are too many theological differences between Mormonism and Christianity to make that case. On the whole, Christians have an uneasy view of Mormons because of many of the liberties they have taken with Christian scripture.

My Great Grandmother was converted to Mormonism later in life. Honestly, I have nothing against Mormons. Most Mormons I have met have been absurdly nice people. Their beliefs are no more wacky than traditional Christian beliefs IMO.

Not sure how you inferred all this into my previous posts, but at no point did I ever talk down Mormons. I was just saying that Romney would be the first non-Christian president, which would be true.
    Blind, deaf, what else? Anything to get the last word in?

Mormons follow J CHRIST. That makes them Christians, whether you like it or not, and whether you think so or not. As to their church rules, rules of conduct, whatever, who cares? Your perspective is way off. You apparently don't know what a Christian is. Try this definition on for size, so to speak. A Christian is one who believes in the divinity of CHRIST, and follows his teachings.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LMAO.. I just connected with someone on FB that works for Access Consciousness... who knows what will happen next...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NAKEDFIN:

just because a religion calls itself "christian" doesnt mean they are.

in TITUS 1: 16 it says, : they publicly declare they know God but they disown him by there WORKS because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of ANY sort. Pretty strong words by the apostle paul. he clearly states that not all who say they are of God truely are. it obviously IS important to seek out the true teachings, that ALL religions are NOT approved by God. 1st TIMOTHY 4: 1-3, 2 TIMOTHY 3:5 EPHESIANS 4:5

and unfortunately, there are those who never will accept the truth, christ or God and his teachings no matter what they read or are shown or what you tell them. 2 Timothy 3-7, 2 Corinthians 4: 3-4

HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS WARNING BY PAUL? see 1 TIMOTHY 4: 16, "PAY CONSTANT ATTENTION TO YOUR SELF AND YOUR TEACHINGS. STAY BY THESE THINGS FOR DOING THIS, YOU WILL BE SAVING YOURSELF AS WELL AS THOSE WHO LISTEN TO YOU!" pretty good idea to test and read and make sure your religiious teachings and beliefs are TRUELY in line with christ. not only can you condemn yourself with false teachings but you can lead someone else down the wrong path and the same condemnation mentioned in that scripture.

the ones who took part in the crusades and those sects who forced conversions [like the rice christians of africa, the catholic missionaries gave out big bags of rice to all those who would "convert".] a starving belly will say or agree to anything. those who bribe are not christians.

i can call myself a billionaire all day and all night, but, if you examine my bank account closely [no, i wont give out the account #].... it says otherwise!!

if one wants to know what a CHRIST-ian is [one who follows the teachings of christ] look in the bible and see! some like it, some dont but if you want to know what a christian is and HOW TO IDENTIFIY THEM, look in the gospels and the writings of paul and timothy, james, etc..... if one takes in doctrines or beliefs or actions NOT in line with christs teachings, he/she IS NOT a christiian. JOHN 4: 24 "God is a spirit and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and TRUTH!" JOHN 8: 13, 31-32 "if you remain in my word, you are REALLY my deciples. you will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free. LOTS of folks say this and say that, but its important to see what jesus words REALLY are. their in the bible for all to read.

the christian congregation WAS NOT built on helping the poor. yes, christians are advised to do so, its part of "loving your neighbor", but thats not the building block. it started whith christ himself who said he had come to bear witness to the TRUTH, that is to make his fatthers name known [hallowed be thy name] and to preach the good news of his father coming kingdom [thy kingdom come, thy will be done] are the building blocks, for he and his followers to make Gods name known AND to preach the KINGDOM message. [see the lords prayer, the model prayer he showed his deciples in Mathew 6: 9-14. Gods name, teaching the TRUTH and Gods KINGDOM are the building blocks and focus and purpous of the christian congregation. these three things are mentioned over and over and over through out the scriptures and the gospels expecially.

jesus said, SEEK THE KINGDOM FIRST. not last, not sometimes, FIRST. the last thing he told his deciples before assending to heaven was, "GO therefore and make deciples of ALL the nations baptising them in the name of the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT teaching them to observe ALL the things i have commanded you and LOOK! i am with you all the days untill the CONCLUSION OF THIS SYSTEM OF THINGS!". MATHEW 28: 19-20, MATHEW 6: 30-34. those who TRUELY accept God and christs teachings will be cared for, they dont need to be bribed with rice or goods or money as those scriptures clearly point out.

these are what the TRUE christian congregation started, by christ himself, and personally given to the apostle paul as the overseer and builder of the original congregations and taught and believed and lived by. TRUE christians today are supposed to live by and teach the same things. PEOPLE have changed, societies and laws have changed, but GOD hasnt.

the apostles asked jesus the question on how people outside of themselves, in the future, after they were gone how people would recognize his TRUE followers. he said, "you will know them by their WORKS! [what they actually DO.] many religions today teach that all you have to do is believe and have faith, but the bible teaches different: JAMES 2:26, "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD!! in other words, its not just what you say or what you believe, its what you DO that defines you as a TRUE follower of Christ and his Father. you have to have BOTH as works with out faith have no merit.

if you read what Christ taught during his earthly life and ministry and then read the writings of Christs hand picked succesor, PAUL, you can see the things they DID, what they taught and how they conducted themselves. you will see how the congregations are supposed to be run, THEIR PURPOUS, their doctrine and the ministry that ALL christs followers are expected to take on. MATHEW 6:9-14, ACTS 20:20. ACTS 20:25

some do. some accept it and change their lives accordingly, many times giving up life long beliefs and aquired pleasures to do it RIGHT. others scan it, see things they WONT change in themselves and ignore it, even to the point of slandering it and opposing it. christ and paul said this would happen. 1st CORINTHIANS 6: 9-11 [note paul saying "this is what some of your WERE not are]. see also TITUS 3: 3 paul told the congregations in corinth all the things that are NOT acceptable to God and would not be allowed in the congregation and those practicing WOULD NOT inherate the KINGDOM of GOD. so, if your religion or faith is ok with these practices or teachings, you are NOT being taught by the TRUE congregation and GOD is not working through it. GOD is not a liar, he means what he says.

others want God, but on their OWN terms and doctrine .....................

[they publicly declare they know God but they disown him by their WORKS!]. TITUS 1:16

[they procure teachers for THEMSELVES as to have their ears tickled], etc..... . 2nd TIMOTHY 4: 3-5 [note paul is admonishing the WHOLE congregation]. people today like the idea of some godly devotion or belief and they seek out teachers of faiths that are in line with THEIR OWN thoughts and beliefs, that accept there lifestyles and actions. having their ears "tickled". they want GOD to conform to THEM.

these can be weeded out by some short reading in the gospels. the bible clearly points out that there would be those who come in his name under FALSE pretenses, "wolves in sheeps clothing" whos intent is to lead astray the congregation.

ONE FAITH, ONE TEACHING, ONE BABTISM, ONE GOD!! thats what the bible says. and thats why jesus said how you can tell who the REAL christians are from all of the other massive amounts of religious organizations and sects out there. READ and find out!! EPHESIANS 4:5 . which one is it? read the gospels, the "new" testament as some call it and read what they did and taught and then examine your religion or one your interested in and compare. ONE THING contrary to the bibles teaching and you have your answer to move along. God is not out to mislead his children and would NEVER put up with those distorting his name and teachings and purpous!!

but most now can see the hypocritical teachings and actions of those who call THEMSELVES and their organizations "christian". most of them now are teaching in some form that the bible is not a complete or inspired document. why? if you read the bible and what christ said and taught, they are EXPOSED!! they dont like folks asking to many questions!

find out for yourself. dont let the false teachings of others cost you an eternal life void of sickness, crime, hunger and death. just because some twist the teachings of God and christ does not mean God and Christ are bad, that they are un truthful and should be avoided. REVELATION: 21 3-4. PSALM 37:29 for God himself said, "come tatse and see if i am not good". he welcomes people to question him, to seek him out. people who ask questions of Him and His purpouses show a heartfelt interest and he WILL respond. AVOID religions and their teachers who condemn the bible and right it off as fiction. the answers are there IF you ask the questions!! JOHN 17: 3 says, " this means everlasting life, their taking in the KNOWLEDGE of you, the ONLY TRUE GOD".

2 TIMOTHY 3: 1-7

DANIEL 2: 44

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME SNAKEPHIN,
    THAT MAYBE I CAN HELP SHED A BIT OF LIGHT ON THAT THOUGHT. I INCLUDED LOTS OF SCRIPTURES SO YOU AND OTHERS WHO READ THIS CAN GO INTO THEIR BIBLES AND SEE FOR THEMSELVES, THAT ITS NOT JUST MY OPINION i am trying to sell here.. i hope you will look those up and that it causes further reading on your part.

"ALL SCIPTURE IS INSPIRED BY GOD AND BENEFICIAL FOR TEACHING AND REPROVING FOR SETTING THINGS STRAIGHT, FOR DICIPLINING IN RIGHTIOUSNESS...... 2 TIMOTHY 3: 16

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''
    Last edited by NRA; 07-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why is Sheriff Joe an American Hero?
    Quote Quote