Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was Ryan Tannehill a one year wonder?

1. -1
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Was Ryan Tannehill a one year wonder?

We all know that Tannehill has not had that many starts as a QB in College. He started for a season and a half.

But why the half? Did he beat out Jarrod Johnson mid way though through the season? No, he only started because Jarrod Johnson was injured. Tannehill was still playing WR, he had 11 catches.

So Tannehill only won the starting job his senior year when he beat out freshman Jameill Showers.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't believe RG3 was on any upper echelon radar screens before this year; ditto Cam Newton and his one and done at Auburn. One is TBD the other I'd say has worked out at least alright.

"Don't take QB advice from the guy who wants to sleep with Mark Sanchez!"
    CooterHooterKnocker, Buffalo Range member, 10-4-2014

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lifelong Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think our new OC would bet his career if he didn't see nfl potential.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In order to be a "one year wonder" don't you actually have to be good for a year?

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    We all know that Tannehill has not had that many starts as a QB in College. He started for a season and a half.

But why the half? Did he beat out Jarrod Johnson mid way though through the season? No, he only started because Jarrod Johnson was injured. Tannehill was still playing WR, he had 11 catches.

So Tannehill only won the starting job his senior year when he beat out freshman Jameill Showers.
    I don't know. I wonder if Andrew Luck was a 3 year wonder. Only time will tell, RT could bust as big as Ryan Leaf, or he could turn into the next big thing. That is the fun of watching, to see what happens. No one really knows, not his coaches, his wife, not even RT. All we can hope is that the coaches put him in the best possible position to succeed, which includes letting him sit for a year if that improves his chances of success.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinomyhero View Post
    I don't think our new OC would bet his career if he didn't see nfl potential.
    You mean Mike Sherman who is only our OC because he was fired by Texas A&M............

Do you think drafting Tannehill was his call?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    In order to be a "one year wonder" don't you actually have to be good for a year?
    LOL, you do have a way with words. I would have to say he was GOOD for that year. Maybe not great but definitely good. But he obviously wasn't drafted for that, he was drafted for his untapped potential. That is why so many have such a problem with drafting him at #8. I personally don't have a problem with it, because of the way the new rookie salary cap is now more forgiving for high draft pick mistakes, and the fact that I don't want to wait another 30 years to see if another Marino falls into our laps.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I don't know. I wonder if Andrew Luck was a 3 year wonder. Only time will tell, RT could bust as big as Ryan Leaf, or he could turn into the next big thing. That is the fun of watching, to see what happens. No one really knows, not his coaches, his wife, not even RT. All we can hope is that the coaches put him in the best possible position to succeed, which includes letting him sit for a year if that improves his chances of success.
    Did you really just say "three year wonder"?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post

Chad Henne was a 4 year starter at Michigan. I don't think this is a good way to tell if a QB is going to do well at the NFL level.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Preseason games will give us an idea. Let's see how well he performs under pressure. If he looks confident against other teams and limits mistakes then he will be our QB of the future. I wanna see him take command of the huddle and move the ball but most importantly, finish drives with points. I think he should sit for the year unless he is head and shoulders better than Moore and Garrard.
    Quote Quote