Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Was Ryan Tannehill a one year wonder?

  1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    4,733
    vCash:
    3560
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    Did you really just say "three year wonder"?
    I did !!! The point being there have been more than a couple "can't miss" college players, that come to the NFL and were complete bust. I am not comparing Luck to RT because Luck is better in almost every way, but we don't KNOW what the future holds. Truth is always stranger than fiction. I am quite certain that you will be hard pressed to find any of those distraught panther fans who felt cheated that Luck didn't come out last year feeling the same way after his first year. Very few could have predicted Newtons quick success, and I doubt very seriously that Luck will put up numbers any where near what Cam put up his first year.


    The fact of the matter is we just don't know who is going to be better. All signs point to Luck being the most NFL ready QB since Peyton, and RT being at least a year away from being close to reaching his potential, but NFL talent evaluation is not an exact science. RT is now a dolphin, and a dolphin with the most POTENTIAL that we have had at QB in quite awhile. No one knows if it will translate to wins, or championships, but that is what keeps us buying tickets or glued to the screen for every game, preseason game, and TC practice to see how he is doing. Enjoy the ride. And if he fails miserably I will be sitting right beside you calling for someone's head. But until then I am going to hope for the best.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    LikeUntoGod's Avatar
    The Oracle

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    3,349
    vCash:
    1189
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I did !!! The point being there have been more than a couple "can't miss" college players, that come to the NFL and were complete bust. I am not comparing Luck to RT because Luck is better in almost every way, but we don't KNOW what the future holds. Truth is always stranger than fiction. I am quite certain that you will be hard pressed to find any of those distraught panther fans who felt cheated that Luck didn't come out last year feeling the same way after his first year. Very few could have predicted Newtons quick success, and I doubt very seriously that Luck will put up numbers any where near what Cam put up his first year.


    The fact of the matter is we just don't know who is going to be better. All signs point to Luck being the most NFL ready QB since Peyton, and RT being at least a year away from being close to reaching his potential, but NFL talent evaluation is not an exact science. RT is now a dolphin, and a dolphin with the most POTENTIAL that we have had at QB in quite awhile. No one knows if it will translate to wins, or championships, but that is what keeps us buying tickets or glued to the screen for every game, preseason game, and TC practice to see how he is doing. Enjoy the ride. And if he fails miserably I will be sitting right beside you calling for someone's head. But until then I am going to hope for the best.
    Well, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. We cannot trust a 3 year starter which means we are fools for believing in a player that could not beat out a guy that now is the night manager of a Burger King.

    I'm not calling for anyone's head. I honestly just read for the first time that the only reason Tannehill played QB in his Jr year was the starting QB was lost to a injury and it jolted me.

    I hope this also wakes up the "start Tannehill NOW" fans to understand that at best, he is a project.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    NYPhin24's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,175
    vCash:
    1089
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    In order to be a "one year wonder" don't you actually have to be good for a year?
    just curious, why do you even bother "rooting" for this team? 99.9% of your posts are negative sarcastic backhanded insults to the team and its players, what is the point?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    4,733
    vCash:
    3560
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    Well, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. We cannot trust a 3 year starter which means we are fools for believing in a player that could not beat out a guy that now is the night manager of a Burger King.

    I'm not calling for anyone's head. I honestly just read for the first time that the only reason Tannehill played QB in his Jr year was the starting QB was lost to a injury and it jolted me.

    I hope this also wakes up the "start Tannehill NOW" fans to understand that at best, he is a project.
    I agree, there are definitely some things that makes you really nervous about RT. And I also agree that we have to really be patient and let him grow into the job rather than force him into something he is not yet ready to take over. But I still say even if he is a total bust it was the right move. We HAVE to start taking chances at the QB position. Waiting 30 years is unforgivable. If you have to reach, then fine reach. Do what you have to do, but getting a QB is all that matters.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    hemidemon's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    1,759
    vCash:
    1192
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually I think Tannehill was recruited as a QB but agreed to play WR b/c he wanted to get on the field. He went to all the QB meetings all 4 years he was at A&M. He was not an afterthought at QB.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,074
    vCash:
    3853
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    We all know that Tannehill has not had that many starts as a QB in College. He started for a season and a half.

    But why the half? Did he beat out Jarrod Johnson mid way though through the season? No, he only started because Jarrod Johnson was injured. Tannehill was still playing WR, he had 11 catches.

    So Tannehill only won the starting job his senior year when he beat out freshman Jameill Showers.
    Where did you hear, read or see that Tannehill only started because Johnson was injured?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    FinsNCanes's Avatar
    9-7

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    6,625
    vCash:
    1298
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could care less what these guys did in college to be honest. It's a whole different ball game.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    7,725
    vCash:
    6256
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    In order to be a "one year wonder" don't you actually have to be good for a year?
    And he was good for a year and a half, with the 2010 actually reaching closer to great status.
    My personal Draft:

    1st Round: C. J Mosley(ILB)

    2nd Round: Joel Bitonio(T)

    3rd Round: C. J. Fiedorowicz(TE)

    4th Round: Dakota Dozier (T/G)

    5th Round: Daniel McCullers(DT)

    6th Round: Marqueston Huff(S/CB)

    7th Round: Jay Prosch(FB)
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    7,725
    vCash:
    6256
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    You mean Mike Sherman who is only our OC because he was fired by Texas A&M............

    Do you think drafting Tannehill was his call?
    I am sure if Sherman did not believe in Tannehill, he would make sure everyone knew that he was not worth a pick, let alone a top 10 pick.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    BillsFanInPeace's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2006
    Posts:
    2,003
    vCash:
    2171
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Were I would get concerned if I was a Dolphin fan is IF after this training camp he is the Third QB.

    He was taken in the top 10 of the draft, I am not saying he needs to start right away but he better be good enough to secure the Number 2 job and give the organization confidence to go into the season with him as your Backup
    Welcome to B-Lo EJ.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Ryan tannehill next year
    By Christyman5 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 07:28 PM
  2. Ryan Tannehill is an elite quarterback in year 201?
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
  3. Ryan Tannehill Highlights: Year In Review
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •