Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Tebow to play special teams, as well

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player Tebow to play special teams, as well

Is there nothing the Jets won't ask Tim Tebow to do? He's already the back-up quarterback, and there's been talk of using him as a Wildcat quarterback, a red-zone quarterback and the personal protector on the punting team. On Tuesday, Mike Westhoff, the Jets' special teams coach, got specific about plans to use Tebow on kickoff teams, too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1510--nfl.html

What happens when he becomes the full-time starter at QB, though?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you answered your question, if they expected him to be a starting QB they wouldn't be playing him on STs or asking him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250. It's a fun story in the media and for opposing fans but it's obvious he wasn't brought in here to be a regular QB
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think you answered your question, if they expected him to be a starting QB they wouldn't be playing him on STs or asking him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250. It's a fun story in the media and for opposing fans but it's obvious he wasn't brought in here to be a regular QB
    Expecting him to start is different than him starting later in the season. Not many coaches would expect to replace their QB who isn't injured over the course of the year, it's a decision that's made in best judgement for the team.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's going to sell hot dogs as well.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The question really is, why did they even trade for him at all if all they're going to use him for is on STs and as a WC QB? They couldn't find anybody else? Quite frankly, no NFL team lets either its starter or its backup go anywhere near STs except to hold on PATs and FGs. STs are injuries waiting to happen.

That leads me to think one of these scenarios is true:
    • The Jests simply got Tebow for the publicity and are now trying to find something for him to do.
    • The Jests are trying to be devious and are using the cover of Tebow playing STs and HB in order to install Tebow-friendly plays into their offense in anticipation of him taking over for Sanchez.
    • The Jests realized just how lousy Tebow is as a QB and are trying to save face.

Best hope Greg McElroy gets plenty of snaps in the preseason, Juncky.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    The question really is, why did they even trade for him at all if all they're going to use him for is on STs and as a WC QB? They couldn't find anybody else? Quite frankly, no NFL team lets either its starter or its backup go anywhere near STs except to hold on PATs and FGs. STs are injuries waiting to happen.

• The Jests simply got Tebow for the publicity and are now trying to find something for him to do.
    • The Jests are trying to be devious and are using the cover of Tebow playing STs and HB in order to install Tebow-friendly plays into their offense in anticipation of him taking over for Sanchez.
    • The Jests realized just how lousy Tebow is as a QB and are trying to save face.

I'll take (B) for $1,000.00

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post

they have been honest from day 1, he was never brought here to be a serious challenger to sanchez. I think they want sanchez to believe he is so it lights a fire undre him but he was brought here to be a versatile playmaker for our offense. A better version of Brad Smith who was pretty valuable for us.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they have been honest from day 1, he was never brought here to be a serious challenger to sanchez. I think they want sanchez to believe he is so it lights a fire undre him but he was brought here to be a versatile playmaker for our offense. A better version of Brad Smith who was pretty valuable for us.
    So, if Sanchez is playing like crap, and the Jets are 1-5, do you mean to tell us that Tebow isn't an option for starting QB?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    So, if Sanchez is playing like crap, and the Jets are 1-5, do you mean to tell us that Tebow isn't an option for starting QB?
    I'm talking about legit competition, when a teams season goes south and they have nothing left to play for(like Miami by october last year) you make changes. In that scenario I could definitely see Tebow starting but realistically we will not be 1-5, 2-6 or anything crazy like that.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    WILDCARD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well....what is our back up qb going to do other than hold a clip board. At least tebow can be useful elsewhere while still serving as a backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
    Happy about 3 points, sigh.... =(
    Quote Quote