Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: 2013 NFL Draft: Preseason QB Rankings

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

2013 NFL Draft: Preseason QB Rankings

Never too early to talk about the draft.
    1. Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
    2. Matt Barkley, USC
    3. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
    4. Geno Smith, WVU
    5. Tyler Bray, Tennessee
    6. EJ Manual, Florida St.
    7. Landry Jones, Oklahoma
    8. Aaron Murray, Georgia
    9. Keith Price, Washington
    10. Casey Pachall, TCU

I know Iím going to get some hate mail about Barkley not being #1 on this list, but that ok. I just donít see him as the number 1 player in this position group. Its even possible that Thomas and Smith could jump past him before the seasonís end. The film simply doesnít match the hype.
    On the other end of the spectrum is Washingtonís Keith Price. I didnít expect him to make this list when I started going over the film, but heís a better thrower then I remembered seeing. He still has a lot of development needed to show the he has pro potential, but the talent is there.
    The most interesting player in the group (notice that I didnít say the best) is Geno Smith. He has the first round body/arm, but plays in an offense that doesnít translate to the pros and in indecisive at times. In a way, heís similar to Ryan Tannehill from last yearís draft. He has a lot to prove this season. He could move up to the top spot, or make a Landry Jones style slide down into the late rounds if he doesnít improve. Right now, heís number 4 on my list.

http://12thmanrising.com/2012/07/25/...n-qb-rankings/
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It could go down like that. At this point it looks like a pretty good quarterback class. I mean even Landry Jones could emerge with a great season and be a top 10 guy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    6. EJ Manuel, Florida State

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would put it closer to:

1a. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
    1b. Matt Barkley, Southern Cal

3. Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

4. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

5. Aaron Murray, Georgia

6. A.J. McCarron, Alabama

7. Tyler Bray, Tennessee

8. Brad Sorensen, Southern Utah

9. Geno Smith, West Virginia

10. Mike Glennon, Maryland
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tyler Bray is my favorite out of this class. Possesses Tom Brady-like poise to hang in the pocket and knows how to move within it. Has sort of Aaron Rodgers gunslinging mentality. But he's very, very intelligent. Knows how's to look the safety off, and read defenses. I just had the talk the other day with my friends whose a huge UGA fan. He tried to tell me how much better Stafford was at this point than Bray.

However, if you go back and look at the numbers, Bray smashed Staffords QB rating by like 80. He had less picks and more touchdowns as a freshmen, and was on his way to completely wrecking Staffords sophmore season(19 TD,10 picks). Finished 2011 season with 17 TD, 6 INT in just 7 games. Granted, he got hurt right before the real schedule kicked in but you can't help when you play.

Bray is a cali kid, so his whole laid back demeanor could be compared to that of Eli Manning. Sort of a quiet lead. Lead by example. But his troops follow. As far as arm strength, I mean come on he has to be top 3 in this class when it comes to that. His accuracy is unquestioned, very on par for his progression to his junior season. Only knock on him is his frame. He's very tall but very lanky. I'd have have to close my eyes every time he drops back against a team like the Steelers with Woodley and Harrison snapping him in two. But the sucess he's had in the best conference in college football leaves no doubt in my mind as to why many proclaim him as the greatest Qb the Vols have had since Peyton.

Basically, Bray's upside is greater than perhaps anyone in this class....but that's just my opinion.

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad someone else out there has seen Barley play before putting him at #1 at the position. I think he will go late first, but that will prove to be too high after a short NFL career.
    Quote Quote