Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: OBAMA Speaks Out: "AK-47s belong in the hands of Soldiers not Criminals"

  1. -1
    BAMAPHIN 22's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    19,668
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    OBAMA Speaks Out: "AK-47s belong in the hands of Soldiers not Criminals"

    President Obama called for "common sense" steps to reduce gun violence during a high-profile speech Wednesday night - but his spokesman later said they won't include any new laws.
    Obama told a supportive audience at the National Urban League convention that hunting and shooting are part of the nation's “cherished national heritage,” but he said even gun owners would agree "that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.”...


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/elec...#ixzz21l7mFzX1
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,602
    vCash:
    18664
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22 View Post
    President Obama called for "common sense" steps to reduce gun violence during a high-profile speech Wednesday night - but his spokesman later said they won't include any new laws.
    Obama told a supportive audience at the National Urban League convention that hunting and shooting are part of the nation's “cherished national heritage,” but he said even gun owners would agree "that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.”...


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/elec...#ixzz21l7mFzX1

    Meh, no thanks. Heavy, clunky, and jammy. I was happy with my M4.





    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,739
    vCash:
    10698
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22 View Post
    President Obama called for "common sense" steps to reduce gun violence during a high-profile speech Wednesday night - but his spokesman later said they won't include any new laws.
    Obama told a supportive audience at the National Urban League convention that hunting and shooting are part of the nation's “cherished national heritage,” but he said even gun owners would agree "that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.”...


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/elec...#ixzz21l7mFzX1
    So basically he is talking out of his *******. Dude is good at that. Big talker. Talked his way right into the white house.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,602
    vCash:
    18664
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    So basically he is talking out of his *******. Dude is good at that. Big talker. Talked his way right into the white house.
    I thought you were a lefty?

    It's all talk. The guy hasn't touched gun regulation and he won't touch gun regulation. This is just one of those issues that career politicians will continue to give a wide-berth, outside of saying what their base wants to hear of course.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,090
    vCash:
    6957
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's all rhetoric. The last thing Obama wants to do is get the gun people all riled up. Obama is quite vulnerable right now. Sh!tty economy and fiscal policies with a horrible record on liberties. The guy deserves to lose. The one thing he has going for him is that the GOP elected a douchebag in Romney. Who has timid support from GOP voters to say the least. Making guns an issue right now would get the gun people all kinds of crazy. Which in turn will help Romney with votes. Even though Romney doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to guns but most will vote for him anyways.

    ---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I thought you were a lefty?

    It's all talk. The guy hasn't touched gun regulation and he won't touch gun regulation. This is just one of those issues that career politicians will continue to give a wide-berth, outside of saying what their base wants to hear of course.
    If he does anything it probably will be in the next 4 years if he wins re-election.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,602
    vCash:
    18664
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    It's all rhetoric. The last thing Obama wants to do is get the gun people all riled up. Obama is quite vulnerable right now. Sh!tty economy and fiscal policies with a horrible record on liberties. The guy deserves to lose. The one thing he has going for him is that the GOP elected a douchebag in Romney. Who has timid support from GOP voters to say the least. Making guns an issue right now would get the gun people all kinds of crazy. Which in turn will help Romney with votes. Even though Romney doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to guns but most will vote for him anyways.

    ---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------



    If he does anything it probably will be in the next 4 years if he wins re-election.
    He won't. He'll do whatever his party tells him, which is whatever will get the next demopublican elected.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,877
    vCash:
    3374
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    It's all rhetoric. The last thing Obama wants to do is get the gun people all riled up. Obama is quite vulnerable right now. Sh!tty economy and fiscal policies with a horrible record on liberties. The guy deserves to lose. The one thing he has going for him is that the GOP elected a douchebag in Romney. Who has timid support from GOP voters to say the least. Making guns an issue right now would get the gun people all kinds of crazy. Which in turn will help Romney with votes. Even though Romney doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to guns but most will vote for him anyways.

    ---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------


    If he does anything it probably will be in the next 4 years if he wins re-election.
    Honestly, i was surprised he said anything at all. When he came out with this announcement, i thought him even touching upon the subject mildly would set off a debate. Then, Romney entered the stage in his continued path of self destruction, this time the world tour version.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,793
    vCash:
    4794
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Honestly, i was surprised he said anything at all. When he came out with this announcement, i thought him even touching upon the subject mildly would set off a debate. Then, Romney entered the stage in his continued path of self destruction, this time the world tour version.
    Right? It's like a high-stakes game of "who-can-****-up-worse". Romney sees Obama speak on gun control, so he ups the ante to international racism. "Our Anglo-Saxon brothers"? What the hell was he thinking? It's like he has a drunk baboon as a campaign manager...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,090
    vCash:
    6957
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [youtube]UcN7w_gh7uY[/youtube]


    Love this guy. He always has some bada$$ guns.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,262
    vCash:
    7125
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    FPS Russia is dat dude
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Which Fins Belong in The "Top5 GOATs" By Position?
    By Vaark in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 08:10 AM
  4. Four turtles outpace "300" soldiers at box office
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 06:38 PM
  5. They can't call US soldiers "baby killers"...
    By PhinPhan1227 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •