Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: People with expensive vehicles

1. -1
    DRAGONBORN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hallandale, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

People with expensive vehicles

Should we be allowed to park in handicapped spots? This afternoon I was at Whole Foods picking up some organic sea salt and Kombucha juice. I drive a pearl white 2011 Cadillac Escalade most of the time and drove it to the store today. Well, when I was headed back out to my vehicle with my items, I noticed a ding in the driver's side door. I was pissed off. Probably some poor excuse for a parent who let their Autistic kid push the cart back or something. Either that or some poor high on bath salts trying to break into people's vehicles.

Now why should I have to deal with this ever again. Every time I go to the store or anywhere for that matter, there's 16 unoccupied handicapped spots close to the front with wider spaces than most. A Cadillac Escalade is a huge vehicle and it's a tight squeeze in most places of business. Plus you have to consider that most people just don't know how to drive and park a vehicle. Why can't people with expensive vehicles purchase some kind of permit that we can hang from our rear views like the cripples that says we can park in a designated area.

Now, I have to waste my valuable time calling the insurance company and having them repair it which means putting my Escalade in the shop. This means I'm gonna have to drive a much smaller alternative vehicle in the meantime.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He who has the biggest truck has the right of way.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Love my kids, 420 and foosball

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why not park your car where it might not get hit, like the far end of the parking lot? i used to do that when i bought a new car. of course, some jackass would still park next to me in the middle of nowhere.

i fixed his ass though, i keyed his car when i left! note to others, when i'm parked in the boonies with 20 spaces all around my car, don't f*n park next to me. have a little common courtesy and common sense. usually someone parks away from everyone else, because they don't want their car dented.

and an unfortunate fact of life, nothing stays perfect forever. your new car will soon be scratched, dented, or somehow altered after you drive off the lot, whether intentionally or unintentionally, by your hand or by others. you just do the best you can to keep it as pristine as possible, or buy you should buy a used car.

but if you're willing to pay a "price" to park in special spots, that shouldn't be a problem. i mean they have the "lexus" lanes on interstate highways, now, so what's the big deal.

you just can't use the handicapped spots, because they're for those with disabilities and need to be near the door.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #firstworldproblems
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Should we be allowed to park in handicapped spots? This afternoon I was at Whole Foods picking up some organic sea salt and Kombucha juice. I drive a pearl white 2011 Cadillac Escalade most of the time and drove it to the store today. Well, when I was headed back out to my vehicle with my items, I noticed a ding in the driver's side door. I was pissed off. Probably some poor excuse for a parent who let their Autistic kid push the cart back or something. Either that or some poor high on bath salts trying to break into people's vehicles.

Now why should I have to deal with this ever again. Every time I go to the store or anywhere for that matter, there's 16 unoccupied handicapped spots close to the front with wider spaces than most. A Cadillac Escalade is a huge vehicle and it's a tight squeeze in most places of business. Plus you have to consider that most people just don't know how to drive and park a vehicle. Why can't people with expensive vehicles purchase some kind of permit that we can hang from our rear views like the cripples that says we can park in a designated area.

Now, I have to waste my valuable time calling the insurance company and having them repair it which means putting my Escalade in the shop. This means I'm gonna have to drive a much smaller alternative vehicle in the meantime.
    This post can not be serious.
    Quote Quote