Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yeatman moves from TE to OT

1. -1
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo

News2 Yeatman moves from TE to OT

https://mobile.twitter.com/finsjesse...15538745389057

Just got my hands on updated roster, first thing that stands out...TE Will Yeatman is now OT Will Yeatman. #60
    Interesting

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that's not all that surprising...just got harder for him to make the roster though as a tackle
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Has he bulked up? I know he was a Big TE and that Miami likes mobile athletic guys, but still. At his height at Tackle, I'd say that 300 lbs would be better.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At least he'd be an OT that could sort of catch...the ol' eligible receiver trick, lol.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'd say what this tells us is that any chance fasano was gonna be let got for salary purposes is out the door only te i think they could have envisioned handling fasanos in line duties was yeatman i don't think they'd trust mastrud and neither would i... think this also helps les brown maybe sneak on the team a the 4th te...the long term project with serious upside...

yeatman at te i thought had a shot to be the 4th guy again if not handling fasanos in line duties as the jumbo package 3rd te on the field in some run sets essentially a 3rd tackle anyways...now i think its possible he's just the 3rd tackle on the field in some jumbo sets...do we keep 4 tackles though??? hard to say ideally i think they'd rather keep a 4th te if someone can show well enough seems like an uphill climb for yeatman at tackle with 3 guys already locked in...i think yeatman also played some tackle in college...his strength is in line don't know if he has nfl tackle feet but he fits the we want to get more athletic up front way things are heading...he's gotta show some promise though in camp prove a quick study
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As I've been pointing out, the history with Joe Philbin and the TE position is just not there to suggest that a one-dimensional blocker like Yeatman would make the team as a TE. Mastrud is only slightly better off. However there is a history to suggest an uber-athletic project player like Les Brown could make it.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeatman will probably be cut during preseason and get picked up by Sparano in NY. His chances of making the roster on this team are very slim, unless we have some TE injuries(specifically Fasano) in preseason or TC. However, the staff could kep him because he is versatile and could double as a 4th TE that could also fill in at tackle.
    IMHO, we will keep only one blocking/receiving TE (Fasano), with the other 2 (Egnew/Clay) being primarily pass receivers. I think they keep another OL or WR instead of a 4th TE marginal player like Yeatman.
    The coaches have a lot of decisions to make. It will be fun to watch.
    I actually love our TE group..it looks pretty darn good on paper. Fasano and Clay have both proven themselves. Egnew could be a good one too.
    Just my .02
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'd say what this tells us is that any chance fasano was gonna be let got for salary purposes is out the door only te i think they could have envisioned handling fasanos in line duties was yeatman i don't think they'd trust mastrud and neither would i... think this also helps les brown maybe sneak on the team a the 4th te...the long term project with serious upside...

yeatman at te i thought had a shot to be the 4th guy again if not handling fasanos in line duties as the jumbo package 3rd te on the field in some run sets essentially a 3rd tackle anyways...now i think its possible he's just the 3rd tackle on the field in some jumbo sets...do we keep 4 tackles though??? hard to say ideally i think they'd rather keep a 4th te if someone can show well enough seems like an uphill climb for yeatman at tackle with 3 guys already locked in...i think yeatman also played some tackle in college...his strength is in line don't know if he has nfl tackle feet but he fits the we want to get more athletic up front way things are heading...he's gotta show some promise though in camp prove a quick study
    I've been preaching this along with a few others here on this site from the on set, I have no idea why you would want to let Fasano go anywhere. If you indeed wanted to cut the man due to salary, get him out of here early in the off season and use the money to maneuver, which would have been a mistake even at that juncture.

Fasano is the only true TE on this roster and the guy is the most underappreciated player on the team. He makes this roster and honestly continues doing what he does best, making positive plays at a fairly constant pace, be it blocking, catching 1st downs and moving the chains or catching TD's almost every time the man touches the ball it results in positive play for the offense to keep the drive alive.
    Last edited by NY8123; 07-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omar Kelley just tweeted, Will Yeatman not only moved to OT, he just took the field as the SECOND TEAM right tackle. Now that is interesting.
    2013 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. DE: Dion Jordan -Oregon
    2. DB: Jamar Taylor -Boise State
    3. OG/T: Dallas Thomas-Tennessee
    3. DB: Will Davis-Utah State
    4. OLB: Jelani Jenkins - Florida
    4. TE: Dion Sims - Michigan State
    5. RB: Mike Gillislee-Florida
    5. K: Kaleb Sturgis- Florida
    7. S: Don Jones - Arkansas State
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    As I've been pointing out, the history with Joe Philbin and the TE position is just not there to suggest that a one-dimensional blocker like Yeatman would make the team as a TE. Mastrud is only slightly better off. However there is a history to suggest an uber-athletic project player like Les Brown could make it.
    I got a feeling that if Les Brown shows anything, anything at all in camp he'll get put on the practice squad for a year and developed and next year he'll make the squad as the 3rd TE with Clay and Egnew as the other two TEs on the roster.

Yeatman is getting work as the 2nd team RT in camp already....interesting.
    Quote Quote