Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yeatman moves from TE to OT

1. -21
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I've been preaching this along with a few others here on this site from the on set, I have no idea why you would want to let Fasano go anywhere. If you indeed wanted to cut the man due to salary, get him out of here early in the off season and use the money to maneuver, which would have been a mistake even at that juncture.

Fasano is the only true TE on this roster and the guy is the most underappreciated player on the team. He makes this roster and honestly continues doing what he does best, making positive plays at a fairly constant pace, be it blocking, catching 1st downs and moving the chains or catching TD's almost every time the man touches the ball it results in positive play for the offense to keep the drive alive.
    For the love of God, please don't get Hoops going again on Fasano. This board has been painfully tortured with it enough.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I dsagree. I don't think he had a shot to make the team as TE. Moving to OT actually increases his chance at making it through training camp. I think this is the end of Jerry.
    so you think they'll carry four tackle only players...i have my doubts on that but to each his own
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    For the love of God, please don't get Hoops going again on Fasano. This board has been painfully tortured with it enough.
    this is called baiting...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://mia.scout.com/2/1205926.html

A tight end who joined the Dolphins after being claimed off waivers as a rookie last year, Yeatman has been switched from tight end to offensive tackle.
    His jersey number also has changed, from 89 to 60.

Coach Joe Philbin explained the move after Friday morning's practice.

Hes a guy that caught our eye with some of the things that he did in the spring," Philbin said. "We like his physicality and the effort that he plays with. Just based on the position, we felt like we liked him as an in-line tight end. We thought he had excellent growth potential and has real good measurables, obviously his height and arm length, but he was kind of fighting to keep his weight down in the low to mid 270s, and we just felt like his best chance to make this football team would be if he had a position change with him.

"He was receptive to it, and we were receptive to it, and I noticed that he did one or two things well. Obviously were going to look a little bit closer, but well see.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    so you think they'll carry four tackle only players...i have my doubts on that but to each his own
    Not sure I agree with the whole 'we need versitial line position players'. Find the right players at the right spot and let them play. Having 1 maybe 2 versital players is good, but how many teams do you know that the center plays LG also. Have many teams have G/T linemen. Jake is a left tackle. That's what he plays. Pouncey is our center (expect to some tards still pushing to move him to G) that's where he plays. Marting will be our RT. I'm tired of what switching lineman all the time. I want 5 guys who play their position and let them play. Maybe 1 or 2 versiatal back up are okay for me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Not sure I agree with the whole 'we need versitial line position players'. Find the right players at the right spot and let them play. Having 1 maybe 2 versital players is good, but how many teams do you know that the center plays LG also. Have many teams have G/T linemen. Jake is a left tackle. That's what he plays. Pouncey is our center (expect to some tards still pushing to move him to G) that's where he plays. Marting will be our RT. I'm tired of what switching lineman all the time. I want 5 guys who play their position and let them play. Maybe 1 or 2 versiatal back up are okay for me.
    i'm not sure you can get away with having 4 tackle only guys on your oline unit...seems to me like you're gonna be painfully thin with 7 guys accounted for as starters and backup tackles only...i would agree though with those that say none of this bodes well for john jerry
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I got a feeling that if Les Brown shows anything, anything at all in camp he'll get put on the practice squad for a year and developed and next year he'll make the squad as the 3rd TE with Clay and Egnew as the other two TEs on the roster.
    Good scenario. If all worked out like that and all 3 of those guys were capable TE's, I could definitely see us letting Fasano walk

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As mentioned elsewhere, earlier today, I am not surprised by this move but am surprised it took this long.

If Yeatman gets cut, I can't see him going to the jest..... He isn't cornfed enough.

Just when you thought that cornfed & OL would NEVER be mentioned again on this site?
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah like Yeatman has a snowballs chance in hell of making it as a 275 pounder at Offensive Tackle.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeatman is likely over 275 as we speak. He's struggled to keep his weight near the 270 mark. By the time training camp comes to an end, I'd be shocked if he wasn't near the 285-290 mark which is plenty large enough, considering the size of the tackles that played under Philbin. They like more lean linemen. Gone are the days of Tony Sparano's 350 lb John Jerry and 360 lb Vernon Carey
    Quote Quote