Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Yeatman moves from TE to OT

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ideally your left guard is your primary move athlete in your interior oline... you want good feet good ability to move and hit a moving target and sustain you want guys who can get to the 2nd level and lead a rb around the corner etc...mike pouncey moves like a te as a pulling player very very athletic...pouncey would be a heck of a left guard but his athleticism on the pivot may be 2nd to none at the center position in the league...

as for incog he's more of an anchor and brute strength player...has stone feet for a left guard...much better fit imo on the right side where he can play more to his strength and mauling style give him a straight ahead target and he's pretty good...but we haven't changed it in what 2 years now or more i don't think we will now...that's just my opinion on incog at left guard athletically and on the move very underwhelming...

think about the way that logan mankins moves for the pats and the way he always makes solid contact and has such great awareness..thats what you want in a left guard...he's the current prototype

i can't count how many times incog has been slow or late or doesn't make sustained contact when asked to pull...he just doesn't have the feet or athleticism to do it at a high level...he needs to be in a phone booth as much as possible
    Last edited by hooshoops; 07-27-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    ideally your left guard is your primary move athlete in your interior oline... you want good feet good ability to move and hit a moving target and sustain you want guys who can get to the 2nd level and lead a rb around the corner etc...mike pouncey moves like a te as a pulling player very very athletic...pouncey would be a heck of a left guard but his athleticism on the pivot may be 2nd to none at the center position in the league...

as for incog he's more of an anchor and brute strength player...has stone feet for a left guard...much better fit imo on the right side where he can play more to his strength and mauling style give him a straight ahead target and he's pretty good...but we haven't changed it in what 2 years now or more i don't think we will now...that's just my opinion on incog at left guard athletically and on the move very underwhelming...

think about the way that logan mankins moves for the pats and the way he always makes solid contact and has such great awareness..thats what you want in a left guard...he's the current prototype

i can't count how many times incog has been slow or late or doesn't make sustained contact when asked to pull...he just doesn't have the feet or athleticism to do it at a high level...he needs to be in a phone booth as much as possible
    And to think that Incognito is paid $3.3M this year and $4M next year. (That means is paid more than Matt Moore, David Garrard and almost as much as Fasano). After being kicked out of St Louis and a brief stint in Buffalo, Incog's stone feet caught the eye of Sparano and negotiated extremely well.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We were a team that was built to win in cold weather games, now we aren't. We're going to a passing offense with smaller o-linemen. Not a recipe to win in games in the northeastern U.S. late in the season.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    We were a team that was built to win in cold weather games, now we aren't. We're going to a passing offense with smaller o-linemen. Not a recipe to win in games in the northeastern U.S. late in the season.
    if you have a QB, you can win anywhere anytime. Tom Brady doesn't seem to have any trouble in the northeastern U.S. late in the season. Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem to have a problem in the cold north late in the season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyObnoxious View Post
    if you have a QB, you can win anywhere anytime. Tom Brady doesn't seem to have any trouble in the northeastern U.S. late in the season. Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem to have a problem in the cold north late in the season.

What do those 2 have in common? They are both use to playing in cold weather whereas our QBs don't play in it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    What do those 2 have in common? They are both use to playing in cold weather whereas our QBs don't play in it.
    used to it or not, those two guys prove it's a winning recipe to pass the ball even under inclement weather conditions.

besides, we're playing maybe two or three bad weather games a year. i wouldn't base my offensive philosophy on those 2 or 3 games. if we were a team that was built to win in the cold, as you suggest, maybe we're finally starting to realize we aren't playing the majority of our games in the cold.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Steinbach at left guard and Incognito at right guard. Seems 100% like the obvious move. And two day two movement guards in the next couple of drafts.
    Quote Quote