Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR

The stories with Dwayne Bowe have been covered to death, both on here and in the media, and it appears all but certain he is out of Kansas City next season. All indications point to him being a strong candidate for Miami, and the need is certainly there.

Now, word out of Pittsburgh seems to indicate that Wallace will likely suit up his final season in Black and Yellow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/82...5-million-deal

Antonio Brown was extended to a big dollar contract, while Wallace goes unsigned, and sitting out of camp, refusing to sign his free agent tender. The Steelers are a very no nonsense team, and are more than willing to move away from guys such as Wallace who want to command big dollars.

The question is - Who do you prefer, and why? Let's hear some thought out arguments for, and against, each player. Personally? I prefer Bowe. He's shown the ability to be a big time receiver without strong supporting play from his WR corps, while Wallace has not. Now, that opens the further question of "Does Miami have adequate support to bring in a guy like Wallace"? Or should they go for Bowe?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no way Miami could afford to sign both those players. I agree that either or perhaps both could be F/A targets next off season, but the finances will not be there after signing their own F/A's. Signing both could mean Miami loses Jake Long!!! Not sure I'd want that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What part of my post made you think I said or even inferred they should sign both?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hewitt, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would rather draft a WR in the first round next year. I would not want to spend that kind of money on Wallace. He doesn't really fit into the WCO that Miami is moving to. If Gates can learn to catch the ball, he has the potential to be a Wallace clone. If there are no top receivers left when we draft, I would prefer Bowe, at a reasonable price. Who knows, maybe we have a gem currently on our roster, and in that case, we wouldn't need either. Why not wait and see what 2012 brings before we worry about 2013.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Neither will be in a Fins uniform in 2013. West coast offense = developing receivers, not spending 60+ mil in free agency
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Neither will be in a Fins uniform in 2013. West coast offense = developing receivers, not spending 60+ mil in free agency
    This is a fallacy that seems to be repeated throughout Dolphins boards. It's genuinely start to get silly. You can't take a group of average WRs and make them productive simply by switching to the West Coast Offense. It simply doesn't work that way. I'm sorry to burst everyones bubble. You need top tier talent to run elite offenses in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wallace wants ridiculous money.

This thread is ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Miami pulled off signing either one, i wouldn't even be able to watch the Dolphins during the the 2013 season because my head would explode from excitement...

But having said that, i would give the slight edge to Mike Wallace because he would be more of what our team needs in terms of a guy who takes the top of a defense (assuming Clyde Gates shows us nothing this season). Also, Wallace has shown to the ability to be more impressive with his yards after catch ability, which is an important part of Philbin's west coast offense (Bowe averages 4.8 yac in his career, compared to Wallace's 5.9).

sidenote: Dwayne Bowe is a Miami native, and it's always great to have guys coming to play for their hometown team!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Wallace wants ridiculous money.

This thread is ridiculous.
    Next thread idea I have I'll make sure to run the idea by you first, that way you won't be disturbed from reading your 5th "Ryan Tannehill should start" thread.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Next thread idea I have I'll make sure to run the idea by you first, that way you won't be disturbed from reading your 5th "Ryan Tannehill should start" thread.
    My 5th? I don't start those things. People who only feel validated if they create their own thread about a subject that's already been discussed ad naseum do that kind of thing.

Let me ask you a question ..... Mike Wallace feels he deserves Top WR money (think Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson contracts). You actually in your right might believe we would offer that to him? Really?
    Quote Quote