Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR

1. -31
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    have you been hearing the same thing??? that the kids looking like he will contribute from the jump...
    Yeah I heard about it yesterday, mentioned it in one of these threads somewhere. Big catch over top of Revis, looking good, getting praised, all of it. And then I heard he really did treat Revis like his step sister in blocking. Tough day for the All Pro yesterday, although to be fair Revis also had at least one breakup on a pass intended for Hill.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-start-at-camp

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan
    CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Jets rookie wide receiver Stephen Hill impressed coach Rex Ryan not so much with his impressive reception over cornerback Darrelle Revis, but with a block.

Perhaps that sounds a bit bold, but Hill looks capable of backing it up on the field. The coaching staff gave him reps with each team, a trial by fire, and Hill made some nice catches including a deep pass from starting quarterback Mark buttfumble.

"It was awesome and right out of the gate, too," buttfumble said of a catch Hill made over Revis.

Perhaps the biggest sign of how good Hill looked was when Ryan, tongue-in-cheek, tried to take credit for drafting the 6-4 receiver of Georgia Tech in the second round. Ryan is better known for drafting corners and other defensive players.

"Really, he's been impressive," Ryan said.
    When Day 2 kicked off there were three names I had at the top of my wish list that still hadn't been drafted in the 1st round. They were Coby Fleener, Courtney Upshaw and Stephen Hill. Fleener and Upshaw went immediately. Hill was available at our pick. I would have taken him in a heartbeat.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way in typical Mark buttfumble fashion, it wasn't the throw that beat Revis on that 40 yard pass, Revis actually was able to tip the pass. It was Stephen Hill who came down with it anyway, showing great concentration.

And twitter has people at Jets camp today saying that Hill beat Revis for a few more catches today.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that's scary stuff...kid fresh off the boat making plays against revis...the best corner in the league by far...we gonna have our hands full with stephen hill
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I was high on Hill but gotta get cornfed! Imagine the scenerio drafting a franchise qb and a stud wr in one draft!

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    I was high on Hill but gotta get cornfed! Imagine the scenerio drafting a franchise qb and a stud wr in one draft!
    Yeah I mean it's not like I'm unhappy with Jon Martin. On a need basis he and Stephen Hill were pretty much the top two choices available. But Hill was my guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Crazy likes saying whatever comes to mind and ignoring pertinent information. He's in good company.
    Let's go knowledge to knowledge, then. Actually contribute and say something rather than be a loudmouth on the sidelines. Ive yet to see a single breakdown post from you explaining a position, a battle, a player, or a scheme. I've yet to see you say anything of value that a 5 year old with an iphone couldn't reproduce.

Please, what "pertinent information" am I ignoring here?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Think id rather have Bowe.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post

Please, what "pertinent information" am I ignoring here?
    How Ireland handles the salary cap and how Philbin is not interested in having a true #1 (which is how Wallace wants to get paid), yet you somehow believe Wallace is a possibility.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    that's scary stuff...kid fresh off the boat making plays against revis...the best corner in the league by far...we gonna have our hands full with stephen hill
    I gotta say, those are some seriously positive reviews if true. I haven't seen or read much of the Jets camp, but anytime you get a rookie WR getting separation from quality CBs, it's scary. If he's getting separation from an ELITE cb, we are in trouble.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    How Ireland handles the salary cap and how Philbin is not interested in having a true #1 (which is how Wallace wants to get paid), yet you somehow believe Wallace is a possibility.
    And the fact that we made a contract offer to Vincent Jackson says... what, exactly? Ironic, you're the one sitting there telling me what I'm ignoring and you seem to be blatantly ignoring that.

Give me verifiable proof of Joe Philbin not being interested in having a #1 WR? It's pure conjecture and fallacy from these message boards. Brandon Marshall wasn't traded because they didn't want a #1 WR. The logic is so flawed that I'm genuinely perplexed that you can believe it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post

And the fact that we made a contract offer to Vincent Jackson says... what, exactly?
    We did? When? What was the offer amount?
    Quote Quote