Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR

  1. -41
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,912
    vCash:
    1333
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I believe it was posted on here by CK. I may be wrong about that, but I'm positive I read it on here. Now your turn. Where are you getting this nonsense about Joe Philbin not wanting a true #1 WR?

    Also, your question is baseless, because you very rarely (99% of the time) have no idea what the "amount" of contract offers are to other players in free agency. We have no idea what Miami's offer to Calvin Pace was when New York out bid them. But you knew that, hence asking a rhetorical question in hopes of proving some point.

    Or hell, how Ireland handles the cap. Are you telling me that Jeff Ireland, the guy who gave Brandon Marshall a big contract, doesn't like paying high dollars for top flight players? Expand on your "point" for a little.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,093
    vCash:
    4556
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    I believe it was posted on here by CK. I may be wrong about that, but I'm positive I read it on here. Now your turn. Where are you getting this nonsense about Joe Philbin not wanting a true #1 WR?

    Also, your question is baseless, because you very rarely (99% of the time) have no idea what the "amount" of contract offers are to other players in free agency. We have no idea what Miami's offer to Calvin Pace was when New York out bid them. But you knew that, hence asking a rhetorical question in hopes of proving some point.

    Or hell, how Ireland handles the cap. Are you telling me that Jeff Ireland, the guy who gave Brandon Marshall a big contract, doesn't like paying high dollars for top flight players? Expand on your "point" for a little.
    Please post Jackson's contract offer. Otherwise you're just making crap up. The burden of proof is on you since you brought it up, not me ..... so don't try to change the subject.

    Ireland didn't have full reign of the GM role when we brought BM in.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    I believe it was posted on here by CK. I may be wrong about that, but I'm positive I read it on here. Now your turn. Where are you getting this nonsense about Joe Philbin not wanting a true #1 WR?

    Also, your question is baseless, because you very rarely (99% of the time) have no idea what the "amount" of contract offers are to other players in free agency. We have no idea what Miami's offer to Calvin Pace was when New York out bid them. But you knew that, hence asking a rhetorical question in hopes of proving some point.

    Or hell, how Ireland handles the cap. Are you telling me that Jeff Ireland, the guy who gave Brandon Marshall a big contract, doesn't like paying high dollars for top flight players? Expand on your "point" for a little.
    You may have read it here but I'm not sure I ever reported that...
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    The best piece of evidence to say Jeff Ireland is willing to spend for talent at the WR position is the simple fact that he traded two 2nd round picks and gave a $50 million contract to Brandon Marshall.

    But if you don't believe Joe Philbin would tolerate that strategy, that's your opinion. It certainly hasn't been in Green Bay's history to buy WRs from the outside. But as Crazy says, that doesn't mean they haven't paid. They paid Greg Jennings and I have zero doubt they'll pay Jordy Nelson.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,093
    vCash:
    4556
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The best piece of evidence to say Jeff Ireland is willing to spend for talent at the WR position is the simple fact that he traded two 2nd round picks and gave a $50 million contract to Brandon Marshall.

    But if you don't believe Joe Philbin would tolerate that strategy, that's your opinion. It certainly hasn't been in Green Bay's history to buy WRs from the outside. But as Crazy says, that doesn't mean they haven't paid. They paid Greg Jennings and I have zero doubt they'll pay Jordy Nelson.
    Was that all Ireland? Did Parcells have nothing to do with it?

    All I'm looking at is what Ireland has done with full reign this off-season and a coach who repeatedly has reiterated they don't need a superstar #1 for his system. Nothing about Ireland's dealing with players this off-season leads me to believe he's willing to break the bank right now .... especially in light of other contract extensions the team is going to have to decide the fate on.

    Everything I've read about Wallace's demands are exorbitant. Last time I checked, guys making that kind of money are far more versatile. Players like Fitz, Megatron, and Andre Johnson. I'd pay those guys in a heart beat.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Was that all Ireland? Did Parcells have nothing to do with it?
    Jeff Ireland was the GM. He negotiated the deal. Even if you're stuck on this idea that Parcells was running the personnel department (he wasn't), you should keep in mind that Parcells had already taken a big step back by that off season (2010) and admitted his involvement in personnel matters had gotten gradually less and less each off season since 2008.

    All I'm looking at is what Ireland has done with full reign this off-season and a coach who repeatedly has reiterated they don't need a superstar #1 for his system. Nothing about Ireland's dealing with players this off-season leads me to believe he's willing to break the bank right now .... especially in light of other contract extensions the team is going to have to decide the fate on.

    Everything I've read about Wallace's demands are exorbitant. Last time I checked, guys making that kind of money are far more versatile. Players like Fitz, Megatron, and Andre Johnson. I'd pay those guys in a heart beat.
    Again you're not paying attention to the details, when you bring up someone like Calvin Johnson. His contract is 8 years and $132 million. The contract Vincent Jackson signed with the Bucs this off season is 5 years and $55 million. It's been reported that Mike Wallace wants that Vincent Jackson contract. There's no comparison. Megatron makes 50% more money per year than Vincent Jackson.

    Further, in the wake of this Antonio Brown signing (5 years, $42.5 million) which has essentially concluded the negotiations process between Wallace and Pittsburgh, Wallace's price will come down even further. The Steelers had a 5 year, $50 million offer on the table that he refused because he wanted Vincent Jackson's money. Wallace gambled and lost, and now he may be lucky if another team gives that same 5 year, $50 million offer to him after they have to trade a pick for him. Or if he continues his holdout but plays in Pitt this year that could hurt his numbers and he'll be a year older so you fast forward to 2013 and the offer could be lower based on the turmoil.

    The Packers are paying Jennings $8 million a year and they'll probably have to pay Nelson $10 million a year. You say Joe Philbin "doesn't want a #1 WR"...you're right, he doesn't want a #1 WR...he wants as many #1 WRs as he can lay his hands on.

    Getting rid of Brandon Marshall had nothing to do with being somehow allergic to talent. It had everything to do with Marshall's behavior over the years which Philbin doubtless learned about in exit interviews. One chat session with Karl Dorrell was probably enough.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,056
    vCash:
    24578
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i was wondering about a contract offer for vincent jackson also...i never saw anything of the such...i don't know that green bay ever had the money in free agency that we could have this year either if we let a lot of pretty average guys walk...they seem to always lock up their players cause frankly they're studs...i don't see the green bay and miami situations as being apples to apples with philbin...

    if philbin wants this o to run like a well oiled machine in the future he's gonna need to upgrade the wr talent...period...draft or free agency they better do something

    ck jordy nelson signed a 3 or 4 year like $12 mil extension prior to last season...green bay locked him up...til he holds out cause that moneys peanuts
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    33,573
    vCash:
    10141
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    USC has a Wide Receiver named Robert Woods who I think is the real deal. If we have a chance to draft him next year, I would rather draft him over bring in Bowe or Wallace. Here are some highlights.....and if we can't get Woods, than draft Matt Barkley at QB. =)

    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i was wondering about a contract offer for vincent jackson also...i never saw anything of the such...i don't know that green bay ever had the money in free agency that we could have this year either if we let a lot of pretty average guys walk...they seem to always lock up their players cause frankly they're studs...i don't see the green bay and miami situations as being apples to apples with philbin...

    if philbin wants this o to run like a well oiled machine in the future he's gonna need to upgrade the wr talent...period...draft or free agency they better do something

    ck jordy nelson signed a 3 or 4 year like $12 mil extension prior to last season...green bay locked him up...til he holds out cause that moneys peanuts
    They're going to have to give him a contract before 2013. He's not going to play out that contract and I think everyone knows it. It's a 3 year, $13.4 million deal and he's already played one year of it. There's precedent all over the league including in Green Bay that contract extensions don't typically get brought up as valid discussions until the player has one year left on the contract. Next off season, that's the boat Nelson will be in, and I have zero doubt he signs a contract worth $10+ million a year.

    ---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    USC has a Wide Receiver named Robert Woods who I think is the real deal. If we have a chance to draft him next year, I would rather draft him over bring in Bowe or Wallace. Here are some highlights.....and if we can't get Woods, than draft Matt Barkley at QB. =)

    For now I'd take Keenan Allen or Marquess Wilson over Robert Woods.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,093
    vCash:
    4556
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Again you're not paying attention to the details, when you bring up someone like Calvin Johnson. His contract is 8 years and $132 million. The contract Vincent Jackson signed with the Bucs this off season is 5 years and $55 million. It's been reported that Mike Wallace wants that Vincent Jackson contract. There's no comparison. Megatron makes 50% more money per year than Vincent Jackson.

    Further, in the wake of this Antonio Brown signing (5 years, $42.5 million) which has essentially concluded the negotiations process between Wallace and Pittsburgh, Wallace's price will come down even further. The Steelers had a 5 year, $50 million offer on the table that he refused because he wanted Vincent Jackson's money. Wallace gambled and lost, and now he may be lucky if another team gives that same 5 year, $50 million offer to him after they have to trade a pick for him. Or if he continues his holdout but plays in Pitt this year that could hurt his numbers and he'll be a year older so you fast forward to 2013 and the offer could be lower based on the turmoil.

    The Packers are paying Jennings $8 million a year and they'll probably have to pay Nelson $10 million a year. You say Joe Philbin "doesn't want a #1 WR"...you're right, he doesn't want a #1 WR...he wants as many #1 WRs as he can lay his hands on.

    Getting rid of Brandon Marshall had nothing to do with being somehow allergic to talent. It had everything to do with Marshall's behavior over the years which Philbin doubtless learned about in exit interviews. One chat session with Karl Dorrell was probably enough.
    I've yet to read anything proclaiming Wallace's contract demands as being in-line with Jackson's. Everything I keep seeing says it's excessive or Fitz money. There were reports coming from SF that he wanted $120 million. Regardless, let's go with your assertion. If we couldn't offer Jackson the money he wanted, then why would we for Wallace?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
  3. Greg Jennings vs Dwayne Bowe vs. Mike Wallace
    By Phinatic8u in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
  4. Dwayne Bowe to Miami?
    By yezir21 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •