Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offense owns defense on day one

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Everyone knew going into this thing that Gates was pretty raw as a college player, extremely raw as a pro. He's got a ton of talent and he needs time- dude is uber fast and can create separation/get open consistently, and it's a rarer thing to teach that than to teach someone how to catch the ball well. He needs time, and I think that he will get it. Given the overall talent level of the WR core, I think that you keep a Clyde Gates on this team.
    I know that you can't teach genuine speed but Gates is well paid to catch the ball and he faces a real challenge to hold his roster spot. He has to complete some good catches or he's gone. Chopped!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny cuz yesterday i read a few balls got picked and a few more got dropped. Offense owning the D might be a bit of a stretch
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I would expect this until the strap on the pads and get to hit each other. When they can't get physical the d is always at a disadvantage.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    It's early but if this trend continues either 1) Our new WCO is much better than we thought or 2) Our reliable D is not nearly as strong as advertised.

Could they be missing YB's leadership at safety ? With Clemens already hurt maybe no one is stepping up.

Maybe the translation to the 4/3 is not going to be as smooth as expected.

Or just maybe it's day one and some of the hams (Sean Smith) were too busy possing for the Hardknocks cameras. i expect the D to take charge and dominate especially early. Starting with day 2.
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 07-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We lost Bell and we know we have issues at FS also. No surprise. Also, moving to 4-3 will take some time; regardless of how many think we played it a lot last year. (We were in a nickel in those cases, not a true 4-3.)
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    It's early but if this trend continues either 1) Our new WCO is much better than we thought or 2) Our reliable D is not nearly as strong as advertised.

Could they be missing YB's leadership at safety ? With Clemens already hurt maybe no one is stepping up.

Maybe the translation to the 4/3 is not going to be as smooth as expected.

Or just maybe it's day one and some of the hams (Sean Smith) were too bust possing for the Hardknocks cameras. i expect the D to take charge and dominate especially early. Starting with day 2.
    I take #2. People say our D will be so much better, but I don't see it. Many have commented on the issues we have at safety. It does not sound like any of those issues have been settled by someone stepping up. In fact, it sounds like we are even looking at Culver as a possible starter due to injuries.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    I would expect this until the strap on the pads and get to hit each other. When they can't get physical the d is always at a disadvantage.
    Yes, but D is usually ahead of the O...even with the pads off. So this is not an excuse.
    Last edited by Dr. Phin; 07-28-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No where did it state that Clyde dropped a ton of balls yesterday. The article says that the qb's could not connect with Gates and he was wide open.

Looks like the problem is with the QBs timing right now, not Gates' alleged stone hands.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    No where did it state that Clyde dropped a ton of balls yesterday. The article says that the qb's could not connect with Gates and he was wide open.

Looks like the problem is with the QBs timing right now, not Gates' alleged stone hands.
    Important distinction.
    Quote Quote