Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Morning Tweets

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how can you be a capologist and not know when its ok to release players...how do you keep your job on something like that...probably banging someone in the front office...

and now she's the one telling everyone to hold firm on the offset language...this is comical
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    No cap room because she did not realize by cutting him his guaranteed money accelerated to the cap. Basic common sense for a capologist..
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    now i'm worried about every contract she's ever gotten done for us...how can you not have your ducks in a row when your job is the freaking cap!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like I said before this comes down to guaranteeing about 3mil give or take. Ross probably could have made triple that on merchandise royalties by creating Tannehillmania this week.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    now i'm worried about every contract she's ever gotten done for us...how can you not have your ducks in a row when your job is the freaking cap!!!
    Have a vagina! It has a magical power that excuse incompetence.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    During the void before the Browns hired Holgrem sheer made a huge grab for power she pissed off Cribbs so bad he cut of contact. Cribbs flat out named her as the problem she low balled him and said take it or leave it. One of the first things Holgrem did was fire her and sign Cribbs. No surprise her take it or leave it my way or the highway mentality scored her a job with Tuna and Ireland!
    this doesnt sound good..... i dont think we gotta worry though, theres no way steve ross is going to allow this to go for much longer.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    call me crazy but i think this hole drama with tannenhill is to appease the hard knocks show. I think there hole plan is to make this grand entrance for tannenhill 2 weeks after camp starts. Just watch, as soon as tannenhill gets back, the show will have this grand entrance for tannenhill like he is the qb we have waitin for since marino retired. Could be hardknocks idea, could be ross, i think its a bit of both from each side wanting to make hard knocks interesting. Ross we all know, wants nothing but to sell tickets. I just dont buy this snag in contract bull, we got too much invested in tannenhill with our 1st round pick to be worried about if he is going to work out or not. Look how much money we gave marshall, this isnt about money or contracts, i just dont buy it.
    This has nothing to do with appeasing a TV audience.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    so she had to go to the owner and tell him that because she's an incompetent idiot he has to eat joey p's salary for another year when he could have got out from under it....is that right???
    No, that is not right. What happened is she cut Porter in February of 2010, but made a cap mistake in terms of how much the acceleration would have been. Cutting Porter would have had a cap acceleration of $4.8 million, when the Dolphins only had $4.2 million in cap space. Since the release occurred in February of 2010, it was based on the Dolphins 2009 cap. So what it did was force the Dolphins to hold onto Porter for a few more weeks and cut him in March once the new league year started. He was due a roster bonus in March but it was almost a week after the new league year started. Her error didn't cost the team or owner one extra cent, it was more just egg on her face. To be fair, if that is even possible, she tried to cut Porter's salary only 9 days after being hired.

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That is not true the Dolphins cut him the accelerated cap hit was more then we had cao space. Porter was placed back on the roster and the league did administer a undisclosed sanction per Schefner. Not to mention it made it impossible for us to shop a trade for Porter who at the very least would have got a 7th round pick and saved us any penalty to the cap by cutting him!
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Garrard will be very solid this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nate Garner was not mentioned in the tweets as being in the 1st or 2nd string offensive line. Is he hurt? What is the story with him?

This QB competition will not get settled until they play 2 preseason games. IMHO..it is a toss up.

Misi is playing better this year in camp. I hope he can keep it going.
    Quote Quote