Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

  1. -21
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    My point is, no one you're ever going to elect is going to do any different. It's just the way things are.
    No one we're going to elect from these 2 parties that's for sure. They've become too close to being the same to have any type of functional democracy where people have a clear alternative especially on war policies and the MIC.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I agree. It is disgraceful. Especially when it comes from people who cheered for a war based on lies which killed over 4000 US soldiers and hundreds of thousands Iraqi civilians.



    War crimes are not legit. Well they shouldn't be anyways. Boards like this should only be put up by pacifists who put up the same boards up during the Bush years. This board is nothing but trash put up by a bunch of hypocrites.

    If you criticized the Iraq war you have a clean slate. But this ad was put up by people who wholeheartedly support the Iraq war and that makes it wrong.

    Unfortunately there has been no President and will be no President who would go against main stream America who has the the need and wish to continue wars. Plus the military industry has too much power in this country.
    Obama'a war crimes are totally legit. This coming from someone who called Bush and Cheney war criminals plenty of times.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,644
    vCash:
    3959
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    The disrespect for the office of President in this country is sickening...
    I'm sure i'm in the minority here, but if it is not partisan bashing, I am all for it.

    Maybe this is a topic for a different thread, and it has come up before, but why exactly (i do not mean this sarcastically) does Obama or Bush , or as it has been pointed out, every president since WWII deserve this absolute respect?

    Is it because we were taught that as children?

    Am i supposed to believe Obama or Bush just did not know any better?

    The fact of the matter is the decisions of our highest office are basically sold to the highest bidder, and i'm not singling out Obama nor am i absolving him.

    How can you respect Bush with how he let the military industrial complex have their way with the middle east, he had no idea? How about the drug companies paying him off for the no importation legislation of about 7-8 yrs ago? How much has that cost the average person, heck how many lives have we lost because of people not being able to afford their medication?

    Obama deserves my respect because he reaffirmed that very policy in 2008, and every other continuation of Bush's foreign policy, that has cost us how much money, and how many lives?

    No Locke, i usually agree with you, but for me, politicians have to EARN respect, and there is very few that do, they all are PUBLIC SERVANTS, but they only serve the HIGHEST BIDDER.

    Yes, we can try and blur the truth by saying, well, that's just how it is, or, it's really always been that way. I personally think that is a terrible response, and makes me wonder what i would say to my 5 year old daughter when she says she did something because her friend has been doing it too.

    So, we should have respect for the office of the president regardless of what they accomplish?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,825
    vCash:
    5030
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I'm sure i'm in the minority here, but if it is not partisan bashing, I am all for it.

    Maybe this is a topic for a different thread, and it has come up before, but why exactly (i do not mean this sarcastically) does Obama or Bush , or as it has been pointed out, every president since WWII deserve this absolute respect?

    Is it because we were taught that as children?

    Am i supposed to believe Obama or Bush just did not know any better?

    The fact of the matter is the decisions of our highest office are basically sold to the highest bidder, and i'm not singling out Obama nor am i absolving him.

    How can you respect Bush with how he let the military industrial complex have their way with the middle east, he had no idea? How about the drug companies paying him off for the no importation legislation of about 7-8 yrs ago? How much has that cost the average person, heck how many lives have we lost because of people not being able to afford their medication?

    Obama deserves my respect because he reaffirmed that very policy in 2008, and every other continuation of Bush's foreign policy, that has cost us how much money, and how many lives?

    No Locke, i usually agree with you, but for me, politicians have to EARN respect, and there is very few that do, they all are PUBLIC SERVANTS, but they only serve the HIGHEST BIDDER.

    Yes, we can try and blur the truth by saying, well, that's just how it is, or, it's really always been that way. I personally think that is a terrible response, and makes me wonder what i would say to my 5 year old daughter when she says she did something because her friend has been doing it too.

    So, we should have respect for the office of the president regardless of what they accomplish?
    I certainly agree that everyone, including the President of the U.S., needs to be held accountable. I think a certain level of respect is expected for the leaders of your country though. Putting up billboards comparing your President to a sociopath is not demanding accountability, it's being blatantly disrespectful. When Bush had that shoe thrown at his head, and instead of being appalled that someone would do that to our President, they laughed and clapped, I said that the same thing. I think you can be critical and demand that accountability without resorting to middle school name-calling. Unfortunately, Americans don't seem to know that...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,644
    vCash:
    3959
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I certainly agree that everyone, including the President of the U.S., needs to be held accountable. I think a certain level of respect is expected for the leaders of your country though. Putting up billboards comparing your President to a sociopath is not demanding accountability, it's being blatantly disrespectful. When Bush had that shoe thrown at his head, and instead of being appalled that someone would do that to our President, they laughed and clapped, I said that the same thing. I think you can be critical and demand that accountability without resorting to middle school name-calling. Unfortunately, Americans don't seem to know that...
    Well, i agree with you about name calling etc., so are you saying that this billboard is a form of this childish behavior?

    I am not saying i agree with the group, actually i have no idea who did this, if it is the work of a blatantly partisan group, i treat it like any other partisan information...it's useless.

    If they are not though, even though i can't say i disagree with their message either way, i respect it more.

    One more question, i agree that every politician should be held accountable, if we both agree to this, can i assume you do not feel Obama deserves a second term, along with a whole list of others?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    No one we're going to elect from these 2 parties that's for sure. They've become too close to being the same to have any type of functional democracy where people have a clear alternative especially on war policies and the MIC.
    We've been at war for something like 217 years of our country's existence. That's Democrats, Republicans, Whigs, Federalists, Jeffersonian Democrats, Democratic Republicans, etc.

    Anyone you'd elect to President would do the same thing and carry out the same sorts of things. Too much money involved.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've been at war for something like 217 years of our country's existence. That's Democrats, Republicans, Whigs, Federalists, Jeffersonian Democrats, Democratic Republicans, etc.

    Anyone you'd elect to President would do the same thing and carry out the same sorts of things. Too much money involved.
    Anyone you elect from the MIC approved candidates. Don't you want that to change??? Especially considering our fiscal situation. We will never be able to fix our deficit and debt crisis without a candidate willing to dramatically change our war policies.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,825
    vCash:
    5030
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Well, i agree with you about name calling etc., so are you saying that this billboard is a form of this childish behavior?

    I am not saying i agree with the group, actually i have no idea who did this, if it is the work of a blatantly partisan group, i treat it like any other partisan information...it's useless.

    If they are not though, even though i can't say i disagree with their message either way, i respect it more.

    One more question, i agree that every politician should be held accountable, if we both agree to this, can i assume you do not feel Obama deserves a second term, along with a whole list of others?
    You assume correctly. I don't think he deserves another term. However, with the alternative being Romney, I'd rather stick with the politician who I know isn't going to try to do stuff like porn filters. I'd actually prefer a strong third party candidate to emerge, but that doesn't seem possible for a pretty long time...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Billboard Has Obama as Terrorist, Gangster, Gay
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 01:47 PM
  2. Iowa billboard linking Obama, Hitler removed
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 01:43 PM
  3. Alleged Museum Shooter: 'The Holocaust Is a Lie'
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
  4. Shooter movie
    By Roman529 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
  5. best shooter in the NBA
    By King Felix in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •