Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry Jackson on Wake and Dansby

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    wake is gonna have more run responsibilities in a 43 at end...i just hope he doesn't wear down its a different animal than 34 olb...and a much different animal than playing end in canada
    Very true. But if i trust anyone to be prepared mentally and especially physically it is Wake. All of this up tempo stuff will have everyone in shape.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    Very true. But if i trust anyone to be prepared mentally and especially physically it is Wake. All of this up tempo stuff will have everyone in shape.
    you still gotta have the lead in the pants...245-250 lb de's teams will go after in the running game...especially with 300 lb odrick on the other side and paul and starks in the middle

it is what it is though...i'm not taking that pass rush off the field
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    You can't teach instinct though.
    You can't teach what Zach had...Staying till 11pm watching game film of the other teams
    or even Reggie Bush practicing after practice while all the other players are in the clubhouse
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here are some quotes from the article that make it a bit weird ....

"The transition is greater for Dansby than Wake, because Dansby has never played middle linebacker in a 4-3. Wake not only played as a 4-3 end in the CFL, but reminded reporters that he played with his hand on the ground about half the time for the Dolphins last season."

"For Dansby, the position switch is “a huge adjustment, a very big difference,” he said Friday. “New techniques, everything is brand new. It feels good to get out there and soak it up.” "

"For Karlos Dansby, moving to middle linebacker in a 4-3 defense has left him “feeling like a kid in a candy store.” "

... I just cannot understand this conclusion & its a quote by Dansby?? Brand new & unknown position comparing it to binge eating candy?? Dansby talks alot of drivel!!

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I miss zach
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    you still gotta have the lead in the pants...245-250 lb de's teams will go after in the running game...especially with 300 lb odrick on the other side and paul and starks in the middle

it is what it is though...i'm not taking that pass rush off the field
    He looks bigger and just said in interview that he bulked up to better handle the run game
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Here are some quotes from the article that make it a bit weird ....

"The transition is greater for Dansby than Wake, because Dansby has never played middle linebacker in a 4-3. Wake not only played as a 4-3 end in the CFL, but reminded reporters that he played with his hand on the ground about half the time for the Dolphins last season."

"For Dansby, the position switch is “a huge adjustment, a very big difference,” he said Friday. “New techniques, everything is brand new. It feels good to get out there and soak it up.” "

"For Karlos Dansby, moving to middle linebacker in a 4-3 defense has left him “feeling like a kid in a candy store.” "

... I just cannot understand this conclusion & its a quote by Dansby?? Brand new & unknown position comparing it to binge eating candy?? Dansby talks alot of drivel!!
    As the MLB in the 4-3, Dansby will be left unblocked on most plays.

This new to him, meaning he will have to study film to make sure he can read plays correctly and be in the right position to make he play (tackle, INT, sack, ect.).

So he will now have more opportunities than he had before in Arizona (4-3 OLB) and last few years in Miami (3-4 ILB) to make plays and has him feeling “feeling like a kid in a candy store.”

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote