Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannehill Holdout: Let's Don't Jump To Conclusions

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I might have a hard time with his signing if the reports from training camp said that Ryann T. was lighting it up and was certainly going to be our starter. Every report I have read so far has him clearly behind Gerard and Moore so all this fuss about him signing 2 days late is irrevelant based on that fact that R. T. is not a starter at this point for the Dolphins. Two other points have been quickly forgotten in this whole issue that had everyone stirred up on this board for some time. First it was not to long ago the Ireland was getting nailed by all his puntiffs for not signing good Quarterbacks for a true QB competition that he promised. Gerard so far looks like a good signing as he leads the phins QB derby from the camp reports, and Ireland drafted the consensus 3rd best QB in this years draft class and still has Moorte who basically led this same team to 6 out of 10 wins as a full time starter last year. Folks we do have a pretty good QB derby going on compared to the other teams in the NFL right now. Second and further more to just concede the entire year and write it off by letting Ryann T start to get the experience is just plain foolish when you have a Gerard and even Moore for him to learn from and hopefully develop. The phins would also be taking the chance that starting him to soon would hinder his development more than help it and many of these same persons clamoring for him to start would be happy to nail Irelands hide to the wall if that decision was made. So you have a kid missing 2 days of camp, who is not the starter nor should be the starter because the manager of the team Ireland is holding firm on the same offset clause that many of the other NFL clubs had also included in their first round picks contracts but caved later while Ireland did his job of financial due diligence for his club . Just how many of you really beleived we would get to resign Paul Solai this year along with the Cam Wake deal? Both signing tied up important players and did not break the bank. This is basically the same team as last year minus the coaches, Brandon Marshall and a wide open competition at Quarterback just what many of us asked for. Yes Bell and Langford will be missed too but hopefully this draft which IMO has been one of our better ones will offset those losses. I am certainly more concerned about if these coaches can get the job done more than some rookie signing that certainly will not be an issue if these coaches cannot coach.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I might have a hard time with his signing if the reports from training camp said that Ryann T. was lighting it up and was certainly going to be our starter. Every report I have read so far has him clearly behind Gerard and Moore so all this fuss about him signing 2 days late is irrevelant based on that fact that R. T. is not a starter at this point for the Dolphins. Two other points have been quickly forgotten in this whole issue that had everyone stirred up on this board for some time. First it was not to long ago the Ireland was getting nailed by all his puntiffs for not signing good Quarterbacks for a true QB competition that he promised. Gerard so far looks like a good signing as he leads the phins QB derby from the camp reports, and Ireland drafted the consensus 3rd best QB in this years draft class and still has Moorte who basically led this same team to 6 out of 10 wins as a full time starter last year. Folks we do have a pretty good QB derby going on compared to the other teams in the NFL right now. Second and further more to just concede the entire year and write it off by letting Ryann T start to get the experience is just plain foolish when you have a Gerard and even Moore for him to learn from and hopefully develop. The phins would also be taking the chance that starting him to soon would hinder his development more than help it and many of these same persons clamoring for him to start would be happy to nail Irelands hide to the wall if that decision was made. So you have a kid missing 2 days of camp, who is not the starter nor should be the starter because the manager of the team Ireland is holding firm on the same offset clause that many of the other NFL clubs had also included in their first round picks contracts but caved later while Ireland did his job of financial due diligence for his club . Just how many of you really beleived we would get to resign Paul Solai this year along with the Cam Wake deal? Both signing tied up important players and did not break the bank. This is basically the same team as last year minus the coaches, Brandon Marshall and a wide open competition at Quarterback just what many of us asked for. Yes Bell and Langford will be missed too but hopefully this draft which IMO has been one of our better ones will offset those losses. I am certainly more concerned about if these coaches can get the job done more than some rookie signing that certainly will not be an issue if these coaches cannot coach.
    Very well said, I agree with every point you made. Some times we over look the good things Ireland has done and only focus on what we think he should have done different. No one has a crystal ball and no one can tell the future. I used to be down on Ireland like many of the others on this board, but the one thing that we MUST do is keep some coaches and front office people in place long enough to get some stablity. If we keep getting rid of people every two or three years we will get to a point NO one will want to work for the dolphins. I have changed my view on Ireland and now think he has made some pretty good decisions. He is by no means perfect but no one is. I am pulling for him to help get things turned around and think he just might.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Tannehill not signing a contract with the off-set language in it goes beyond what you just said. His agent would be committing what would amount to career suicide. What potential client would be willing to sign with Pat Dye if they knew he was the only one to give in to the team's demands to install such language into his client's contract. Not to mention how he would look to all the other agents who got their players signed without the off-set language.
    Actually a few first round picks DO have the off set language. At least one in the top 10, Richardson.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Actually a few first round picks DO have the off set language. At least one in the top 10, Richardson.
    Richardsons contract is fully guaranteed. All top 10 picks are with the exception of Blackmon but that is a different story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...contract-terms
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jeff Ireland once again proved he got Big Balls. If it's in the best interest of the team, he will give it a go, **** the haters. #GetReadyForAnotherParade.

Would be irresponsible if I didn't point out Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland pulled out a major victory for NFL teams with 1st RD "offset" language- Omar Kelly
    Quote Quote