Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Barry Jackson Sports Buzz-emphasis on no huddle, etc.

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Barry Jackson Sports Buzz-emphasis on no huddle, etc.

SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMNChatter on the Dolphins’ and Hurricanes’ offenses:### Whether the Dolphins’ no-huddle attack will boost their 22nd-ranked offense will be an interesting 2012 storyline. Dolphins players and coaches seem increasingly confident it will.“This will definitely wear defenses down,” linebacker Karlos Dansbyinsists. “The tempo, the scheme, how they attack the defense, I’m impressed. We’ve got the most complex offense I’ve ever seen.”Tight end Charles Clay expects Miami to use no-huddle all the time, as offensive coordinator Mike Sherman did last year when he coached Texas A&M. But coach Joe Philbin said, “I’m not saying we’re going to be no-huddle every single play.”### The Dolphins want their no-huddle to be a hurry-up at times but not always, tight end Anthony Fasano tells us. Playing for Sherman at Texas A&M, Ryan Tannehill often stood at the line and took his time before taking the snap.“Last year, we were having trouble getting the ball snapped before the end of the [45-second] play clock," center Mike Pouncey said. "This year, we're trying to snap it at 24 seconds."Reggie Bush noted, “The offense is perfect for guys like me because we can use our speed and have them chase us around all day. And guard Richie Incognito vows "defenses will be back on their heels and will be winded." ### Besides tiring out defenders and helping the Dolphins from a conditioning standpoint, there are other advantages to the Dolphins' up-tempo pace, provided they execute their offense efficiently (and that's a big if)."We feel like the more plays run, the more opportunities you have to score points," Philbin said. Plus, "you've got to believe with all of that time you invest doing the no-huddle that your two-minute offense should hopefully not create such anxiety in the players because they're kind of used to it."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Dont know how effective they will be, but if they do manage to get it all together, it will be fun to watch for sure.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just don't wanna see a bunch of 40 second 3 and outs!!! It all comes down to execution, so if the blocking is there and the QB makes quick decisions, we should be fine. It will definitely wear down teams and not allow for substitutions or adjustments. Hopefully we can beat the Patriots at their own game.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You've got to be excited by what is being written about practice and the new system.

I feel we're just one special player away from going to a whole new level. Someone talismanic who gives the players that feeling that they deserve to be considered contenders. We might get it from Clay, Miller, Jones, Vernon or one of the emerging WRs. But I suspect we don't have him on the roster.

Still, I think we're going to be in with a shout for a playoff spot and that's a good platform to build from.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sounds like we FINALLY have real football minds again in the offense!

when it was written the other day about "offense owns defense on day 1", i thought it had to be a typo.

i searched the 'ol memory banks to think of when the last time i had heard that from a finz offense and i soon realized it had to have been in the golden age of marino. back when all we had for info was meeting the mail man/chick at the box hoping to god the DOLPHIN DIGEST came!!

i have been screaming for the WCO here in miami for years now as it is STILL the most dominant offensive system in the game.

CHARLES CLAY-REGGIE BUSH..............PRO BOWL!!
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    back when all we had for info was meeting the mail man/chick at the box hoping to god the DOLPHIN DIGEST came!!

LMAO - I remember those days, still have those Dolphin Digests packed away.

Love what I'm hearing about the new offense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NoVa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OMG... Dolphin Digest. What memories.

And Dolfan Denny and his personalized car, too.
    -Sharkbait, woo hah haa

"I guess I'm gonna have to say it. I'm not going to be the head coach of Alabama." -The Nicktator

"The Ginn family is going to be a great addition to this football team." -Cam Cam Cam
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Defenses will have to show their hand early on a fast pace offense, sounds like we are trying to simplify reads for our crew of QB's.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    You've got to be excited by what is being written about practice and the new system.

I feel we're just one special player away from going to a whole new level. Someone talismanic who gives the players that feeling that they deserve to be considered contenders. We might get it from Clay, Miller, Jones, Vernon or one of the emerging WRs. But I suspect we don't have him on the roster.

Still, I think we're going to be in with a shout for a playoff spot and that's a good platform to build from.
    Then again... Every great player is discovered somehow. Let's hope one of them rises to the occasion and takes advantage of the opportunity.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we got 2 potentially great players in Miller and Vernon. Of course I am a biased UM fan...
    Quote Quote