Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: James Holmes confirmed to be an atheist

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

James Holmes confirmed to be an atheist

Why have the mass murderers and terrorists of recent time been atheists and have liberal ideology? Columbine killers, Norway terrorist, Virginia tech shooter, holocaust museum shooter, colorado dark knight rises shooter, jared loughner, every single one militant atheist. Atheists pushing for moral relativism in place of traditional biblical morality can be blamed. When is the last time a bible believing church going Christian shot up a high school or a movie theater???
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli_Manning View Post
    Why have the mass murderers and terrorists of recent time been atheists and have liberal ideology? Columbine killers, Norway terrorist, Virginia tech shooter, holocaust museum shooter, colorado dark knight rises shooter, jared loughner, every single one militant atheist. Atheists pushing for moral relativism in place of traditional biblical morality can be blamed. When is the last time a bible believing church going Christian shot up a high school or a movie theater???
    The shooter in Norway was a Christian. Maybe you should get your facts straight before coming here and running your mouth...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    The shooter in Norway was a Christian. Maybe you should get your facts straight before coming here and running your mouth...
    No he wasn't, he said he was a "Cultural Christian", which is a term even Richard Dawkins uses to describe himself, it is not synonymous with a religious Christian. Facts matter.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    No he wasn't, he said he was a "Cultural Christian", which is a term even Richard Dawkins uses to describe himself, it is not synonymous with a religious Christian. Facts matter.
    So because he doesn't go to church anymore, but still believe in the Christian way of life, that absolves him of all Christian teachings? Whatever helps you sleep at night. The complete denial by some of you Christians is bordering on insanity...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So because he doesn't go to church anymore, but still believe in the Christian way of life, that absolves him of all Christian teachings? Whatever helps you sleep at night. The complete denial by some of you Christians is bordering on insanity...
    LMAO @ Some

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect23 View Post
    religion wise it doesn't he believed he was the Joker if you want to count that as a religous belief I'm not defending Athiest or Religious people I think there both hypocrites when it comes to violence.
    His views on morality directly stem from his atheism; so if he believes no god owns him and therefore he can dictate his own morality and then proceeds to act upon that by killing a dozen people you donít think thatís relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Are you seriously wanting to misinterpret everything that people say?

OP made it out like Christians don't kill people out of pure stupidity.

Here's a list.

Youíre trying to compare two completely different situations. When someone who professes to be a Christian kills innocent people they are acting in a manner that is inconsistent with their religion since shedding innocent blood is a direct violation of Godís law. When an atheist kills someone he or she is not acting in a manner that is inconsistent with their atheism because atheism has no overarching rules of morality. So a very good argument could be made that godlessness can certainly lead to violence.

A person calling themselves a Christian doesnít make them a Christian any more than me calling myself an attorney automatically makes me an attorney, those terms have meaning. In the Norwegianís manifesto he describes himself as a ďCultural ChristianĒ, which is a term many secular Europeans (including Dawkins) use to announce that they adhere to the ethical and cultural structures created by Christianity. This however does not make any of them religious Christians because they do not believe Christ was the son of God and God incarnate. In the Norwegianís manifesto he says he doesnít believe God exists and is a staunch Darwinist. So how can someone believe Christ is the son of God and God incarnate but also believe God doesnít exist? The guy was not a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Oh, ok, so this is all about belief correct? Fair enough: his belief was that he was the Joker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

Im fairly certain next week he will believe he's Joan of Arc. Followed by Charlemagne. After that Mario Williams.

The guys personal belief system had very little to do with his massacre. What it had to do with is his medical condition. He was a nutjob who, for whatever reason, couldnt get adequate treatment. The treatment he was receiving clearly wasnt working.
    I think youíre letting him off a bit easy there. The guy obviously knew what he was doing, and will be deemed competent to stand trial. I think his atheistic views on morality had more to do with what he did than dying his hair orange.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Stalin didnt murder 50M people because he was an atheist. he murder 50M people for the same reason Christians have murdered peopled for the last 2000 years...to retain unconditional power.

I am sorry; I canít let you get away with that. Atheists always like to pretend that their atheism somehow exists in a vacuum and doesnít affect any of their actions. If Stalin wanted power, and didnít believe that any god owned him, namely that he was solely accountable for his own actions and there wouldd be no repercussions for his actions then this certainly fueled what he did. Itís completely legitimate to say that Stalinís murderous behavior was a direct result of his atheism. Think about what you are saying, itíd be like if a group of students didnít believe their teacher existed and were constantly causing problems in the classroom. You certainly wouldnít say then, ďwell their misbehavior doesnít have anything to do with the fact they donít believe the teacher even exists, it has everything to do with the fact they just want to misbehave.Ē
    Even more disturbing is the fact that if atheism were true then Stalin completely got away with what he did and will never receive any form of justice; itís a relief it is not true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli_Manning View Post
    When is the last time a bible believing church going Christian shot up a high school or a movie theater???
    I dunno, but it has probably happened since the last time an atheist blew up an abortion clinic or burned a witch.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 08-01-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I dunno, but has probably happened since the last time an atheist blew up an abortion clinic or burned a witch.
    Or at least since a Priest raped a kid.

Ever heard of The Inquisition? The Crusades? The burning of the Library of Alexandria? The Reconquista? 30 Years War?

Point is, being Christian alone doesn't make you a good person, nor do you need a book to tell you how to be a good person.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Timothy McVeigh.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    As Rob pointed out, the large majority of mass murderers are religious folk. Jonestown, McVeigh, and that ****tard in Waco come to mind right away. Also, Columbine was not the lone school shooting. These things have happened with less media believe it or not. There was one in Kentucky and I would bet a large sum that kid was a Christian. In fact, most homicides in the US are committed by christians given the fact most people claim to be christians in this country.

And you can go back to most major wars.... almost all of them over religion. Alot of murders are directly blaimed on god by the nutbags who pull them off. Hell, a lot of these lunatics try to use that **** as an excuse in court...... God told them to do it.

How bout those pathetic women who kill their kids. They are mostly all weak and religious. Drown their kids in lakes n **** then blame it on god. What about John List? He killed his whole family and wrote a note saying it was for their own benefit because they would go to heaven sooner. His excuse for not killing himself and instead getting a fake identity, moving to Colorado, remarrying and having a new life and job out there while evading capture....... you guessed it..... he said if he committed suicide god would not forgive him and he wouldve gone to hell. Instead he would get to reunite with his family in heaven because god would forgive him for murdering them. You cant make this **** up.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote